Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Trading on stock market? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Agreed - keep away from anything that isn't straight forward share trading. And even then consider them as a medium-term investment not a get rish quick scheme.

The best way to earn a small fortune in exotic trading is by starting with a large fortune...
    I agree entirely. OP pay attention.

Actually the best way to make a fortune is....,.with someone else's money.

ReputationRep:
    Don't trade on the stock market in this climate, indexed funds are much safer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    He says trading. With only 500 quid I read that as leveraged trading. I may be wrong. I hope I am wrong. Because in a leveraged situation that statistic applies. It's more than likely he'd get wiped out within a very short time. And that's not just on the movement of the market, that's on the trickery of the market maker and him f****** you on the price, spread and never missing an opportunity to stop you out on figures coming out that you'll receive with a big delay. It's a mugs game.
    Obviously he's not going to lever his 500, like how would you get that idea???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    Obviously he's not going to lever his 500, like how would you get that idea???
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.
    Partly tongue in cheek, depends what stocks he is trading in though.

ReputationRep:
    Partly tongue in cheek, depends what stocks he is trading in though.
    I don't have a sarcasm processing centre in my brain. It's really bad.

Someone else did suggest a website in the thread for a spread bet company and I was like no no no no no guysssssss........

ReputationRep:
    Okkkkkkk
    just a basic fact. if you judge me, I judge you...it's how it works, don't forget that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamujercaliente)
    just a basic fact. if you judge me, I judge you...it's how it works, don't forget that.
    I literally have 0 idea what you are talking about.

Unless you mistook 'warning given' to be aimed at you. It was a reference to the warning I have the OP about leveraged trading....

ReputationRep:
    Invest in Funds through someone like Hargreaves and Lansdown to start learning about the market. To buy funds there are no trading fees. But you will of course earn less than most equities but it's safer of course.

ReputationRep:
    Don't trade on the stock market in this climate, indexed funds are much safer.
    Always are.

ReputationRep:
    I literally have 0 idea what you are talking about.

Unless you mistook 'warning given' to be aimed at you. It was a reference to the warning I have the OP about leveraged trading....
    haha...well, no. since you're an online stranger, it's pretty funny that you try and judge me and then say "you don't know meee!" in response. who cares if people know you or not? it's a free world, and you're not owed anything...lol..so we're level, I'm glad we're in agreement.

ReputationRep:
    Always are.
    Yup, diversification

ReputationRep:
    Massively depends on if it's actively traded/who by/ index it's benchmarked against etc.

ReputationRep:
    haha...well, no. since you're an online stranger, it's pretty funny that you try and judge me and then say "you don't know meee!" in response. who cares if people know you or not? it's a free world, and you're not owed anything...lol..so we're level, I'm glad we're in agreement.
    I think.......you're .....mistaking me for.......someone else you've been speaking to...........

????????????

ReputationRep:
    lol...no..lol..just amused at you that's all lol.

ReputationRep:
    Short oil futures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    Short oil futures.
    hahaha plan

ReputationRep:
    Yup, diversification
    My last company, on me being hired my CEO offered to do a Q&A one on one sesh with me about the company (research) and industry (pure equities) and I blurted out " why don't investors just put their money in S&P index trackers instead of trying to beat the market and usually making less money?" And he was like;

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

............errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr......

................................ .ego.

He's a very respected man in the industry.

ReputationRep:
    lol...no..lol..just amused at you that's all lol.
    So so confused.

ReputationRep:
    Diversification is for noobs.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.