Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Katiee224)
    Why did you find s4 easier than s3?
    The questions were more standard, there aren't loads of different things that you need to know (there are only 3 chapters, although they are quite detailed) and it's just testing more distributions and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    S4 is a joke in difficulty ive been studying it since yesterday after my S3 exam and it is just so easy its just hypothesis tests

ReputationRep:
    S3 is more interesting but I cocked up on basic things like not knowing enough advantages and disadvantages for stratified sampling (lost 2 marks on q1) purely my fault for being a bit lazy and was like ah I know this.

Also I found the goodness of fit stuff kinda long and a lot of room to mess up on calculations.

ReputationRep:
    Is it only me who found S3 easier than S4?

Combination of random variables was trivial, sampling was just remembering a set of answers to a set of questions which always came up, Goodness of fit is easy enough that Psychology A-level contains it, SRCC is even taught in Geography GCSE...

The only thing I found to have a steep incline in learning curve was Chapter 3 which was the introduction to CLT but beyond that.

To be fair S4 is a pretty slim book though :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadDosu)
    Is it only me who found S3 easier than S4?

Combination of random variables was trivial, sampling was just remembering a set of answers to a set of questions which always came up, Goodness of fit is easy enough that Psychology A-level contains it, SRCC is even taught in Geography GCSE...

The only thing I found to have a steep incline in learning curve was Chapter 3 which was the introduction to CLT but beyond that.

To be fair S4 is a pretty slim book though :coma:
    S3 wasn't hard by any means, I did sampling and SRCC in GCSE statistics, it's just that S4 has nothing to it. I was going to do D2 this year which is a massive book, of 10+ chapters i believe. And then I heard that S4 was only 3 and then me being lazy was like I'm doing S4.

ReputationRep:
    This might be of interest I haven't looked at it yet but June 11 was the hardest paper with only 55/75 needed for an A https://7c9a99abd139eb14bde7da77d86a...%20Edexcel.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 11.47.29.png
Views: 91
Size:  58.6 KB

Could someone please help me out with part c? Don't understand the the mark scheme got 8.1257 for expected number of eggs. Its june 2015 PP.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it just the probability of only six eggs x 6 + probability of 12 eggs x12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by veconomics)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 11.47.29.png
Views: 91
Size:  58.6 KB

Could someone please help me out with part c? Don't understand the the mark scheme got 8.1257 for expected number of eggs. Its june 2015 PP.
    E(X) = x_1P(X=x_1) + x_2P(X=x_2)... where x1, x2... are all the values that X can take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    E(X) = x_1P(X=x_1) + x_2P(X=x_2)... where x1, x2... are all the values that X can take.
    cheers mate
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    is there a jan ial paper for s4 or a june ial paper for s4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    is there a jan ial paper for s4 or a june ial paper for s4?
    No s4 isn't on the IAL spec it only goes up to S3
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ragreener1)
    No s4 isn't on the IAL spec it only goes up to S3
    so there isn't a s4 june 15 r paper then either?

ReputationRep:
    so there isn't a s4 june 15 r paper then either?
    I don't know about that the R papers are reserved for the normal spec and are generally only used when there could have been a leak on the normal pper
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    june 13r qn 7 a - don't understand why it is -2.3262

ReputationRep:
    june 13r qn 7 a - don't understand why it is -2.3262
    Got a pic?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Got a pic?
    https://7c9a99abd139eb14bde7da77d86a...%20Edexcel.pdf

Spoiler:
    Show
    is this any good? aha

ReputationRep:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This might be of interest I haven't looked at it yet but June 11 was the hardest paper with only 55/75 needed for an A https://7c9a99abd139eb14bde7da77d86a...%20Edexcel.pdf
    june 11 qn 6 jheeeeeeeeeeeeeze that is hard lol

ReputationRep:
    Well, just starting to recap this module alongside my FP2 preparations - In terms of difficulty the module isn't too bad but is anyone finding it a lot more boring than S3?

I mean, S3 was reasonably varied, this module seems to just be confidence intervals and hypothesis tests.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.