The Student Room Group

Most overrated films

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Pulp Fiction
The Shawshank Redemption

Oh god i love pulp fiction. Why are there so many people saying these classics are overrated?! I'm guessing you didn't watch the movie all the way through!
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
"I thought Reservoir Dogs was a pile of crap" bro resevoir dogs is one of the finest movies I've seen in my life. The intro scene I fell in love with, The subtle humour, twist and turns, fantasting cinematography and acting is why this movie is such perfection. Just because you personally didn't enjoy it doesn't make the movie underrated. You should definitely give it another go and watch it all the way through! You won't regret it! :smile:

I watched it all the way through. It was a snoozefest.

I was surprised because I'd watched all the other Tarantino movies before I saw it and somewhere between quite enjoyed and loved them.
Oh god i love pulp fiction. Why are there so many people saying these classics are overrated?! I'm guessing you didn't watch the movie all the way through!

I did.
I guess the reason so many people keep saying these are overrated is because different people have different interests.
Original post by ImagineCats
I hate you thats my fave film why do this

Avatar was incredibly mediocre. Sure the CGI was fantastic and game changing, the plot was terribly cliched and the characters were terrible lacking any depth or likabiliity.
Original post by hxfsxh
Mean Girls one was okay. The second one was eurgh

Well it was a direct to TV squeal........ nothing to do with the original in most respects
Original post by DanB1991
Well it was a direct to TV squeal........ nothing to do with the original in most respects

True
The King's Speech.... so very boring.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I watched it all the way through. It was a snoozefest.

I was surprised because I'd watched all the other Tarantino movies before I saw it and somewhere between quite enjoyed and loved them.

Wow that's really peculiar. I've absolutely loved all of taratinos movies and resevoir dogs is one of the better ones. One to their all, I guess :colondollar:
Wow that's really peculiar. I've absolutely loved all of taratinos movies and resevoir dogs is one of the better ones. One to their all, I guess :colondollar:

I dunno, maybe I should try watching it without all the expectations I had first time round :dontknow:
I did.
I guess the reason so many people keep saying these are overrated is because different people have different interests.

If something is mindblowingly good, your taste wouldn't really affect how much you enjoy it. I'm not a fan of crime mysteries but The Usual Suspects is a piece of art.
Avatar was incredibly mediocre. Sure the CGI was fantastic and game changing, the plot was terribly cliched and the characters were terrible lacking any depth or likabiliity.

All bc Jake Sully was in a wheelchair. Outrageous.
Original post by M14B
For me
50 shades of grey.

Ohcome on it was a trash novel, nobody expected it to be a cinema masterpiece. By all accounts the director made it a much better film than it had a right to be.
Original post by ImagineCats
All bc Jake Sully was in a wheelchair. Outrageous.

Lol Im guessing that was a joke? I see what you did there..
If something is mindblowingly good, your taste wouldn't really affect how much you enjoy it. I'm not a fan of crime mysteries but The Usual Suspects is a piece of art.

Again, 'mindblowingly good' is subjective.
The Hangover i didnt find as funny and was very disappointed when I saw that. Comedies these days are generally rubbish.
Again, 'mindblowingly good' is subjective.

Fair enough, even you don't personally like a movie you would still be able to appreciate why the vast majority do though right?
The Godfather. Very, very predictable and just when you got to like a character they were killed. The middle and ending really dragged on for a very long time.
"I thought Reservoir Dogs was a pile of crap" bro resevoir dogs is one of the finest movies I've seen in my life. The intro scene I fell in love with, The subtle humour, twist and turns, fantasting cinematography and acting is why this movie is such perfection. Just because you personally didn't enjoy it doesn't make the movie underrated. You should definitely give it another go and watch it all the way through! You won't regret it! :smile:

Now I want to watch it again <3
Original post by 999tigger
Ofc but the marhing from also ran to turkey is much smaller. Im interested in things that were acclaimed, but for whatever reason the poster thought was pants.

Shiv Reservoir Dogs is one of the few Tarantino films I rate. Interesting choice because I find a lot of his films style over substance.

His movies definitely flashy and stylstic but they always have an excellent story paired with them. Pulp fiction has been inspiting movie directiors to this date.
Original post by rotkäppchen
Now I want to watch it again <3

Lol me too, I probably will watch it after a year or two

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending