Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you like best about living in Britain? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    because you keep comparing the UK to there, i just wondered, calm down haha
    I was merely pointing out that the poster was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    For me I like the transportation system compared to the US and Nigeria it is excellent. What about you all?
    I like that I can leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    And I just commented that you can pay for quality treatment in the UK. The NHS is for people who can't afford that. To be honest I think we need more private hospitals in the UK, it should be like council housing: you pay for your own non-emergency treatment unless you are on a low-income.
    we don't need more private hospitals, we need more NHS hospitals and more staff and less budget cuts! not all of us have the option to go private or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Love love love the diversity, transport and how busy it is. Markets, food stalls, etc are so fascinating and being able to spend a day in London and cover most sites is amazing. When I visit my sister in Cardiff for a week and arrive in Paddington coming home there's just an immense sense of pride idk how to explain it I just adore train stations and how busy they are
    The diversity, especially in London, is pretty incredible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonbroten)
    I was merely pointing out that the poster was wrong.
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    I like that I can leave.
    expand on what you mean by leave. Like leave the country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody_Pigeon)
    The vast population of pigeons.
    It's so awesome isn't it! ahhh gotta love Pigeons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Oh yes:love:

Like rn just realised I ran out of peppermint tea but then had a look at my cupboard and found chamomile tea..nothing better than a cup of tea after a hard working day!
    ew, mint flavoured tea should be banned:sick:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    That's good and I will once I can afford it. My point was that quality treatment in Germany isn't tremendously expensive. Reasonable. Nothing against UK though. Its home to me.
    A family member has gotten surgery in Germany. They were amazing, fast, easy, like wth you guys are so efficient and that's not fair. I am jealous.

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean?
    The poster said UK edu is free, but it isn't - not completely. Which makes their statement false.

ReputationRep:
    ew, mint flavoured tea should be banned:sick:
    OMG nooo Can't survive without peppermint and green tea!!
    (Original post by Z212)
    A family member has gotten surgery in Germany. They were amazing, fast, easy, like wth you guys are so efficient and that's not fair. I am jealous.
    Exactly my point. I love UK to bits a d I wouldn't want to move out of the UK but I have to be honest because our medical system has to be more efficient, quick and give quality treatment. There's no point of giving free treatment if its quality is going to be poor. And as of with the private, no one uses that until they're rich and in Germany, we only have on option so people are forced to use it but its worth it.

ReputationRep:
    roadmen <3 they always steal my heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    And I just commented that you can pay for quality treatment in the UK. The NHS is for people who can't afford that. To be honest I think we need more private hospitals in the UK, it should be like council housing: you pay for your own non-emergency treatment unless you are on a low-income.
    But that would mean people who may have slightly more money would have to pay for both their treatment plus the treatment of others through taxes. I don't think that would be the fairest solution...
    We rally need more money being put into the NHS rather than the private sector especially for nurses and mental health as these two are seriously underfunded

ReputationRep:
    but its free, so be grateful for what you get, or go back to Germany and stop complaining
    My point was what's the point of having free treatment when its not quality treatment or you're end up dying?

I'm not complaining, I would rather see Britain progressing in the field which it can fairly improve.

Ermm..NO. I'm a British national. Why should I go back to Germany?

perhaps a better approach would be to improve what we can.

ReputationRep:
    One thing you should all appreciate is the driving. People are very courteous compared to in other parts of the world

ReputationRep:
    Errrrrmmm........ errrrrrmmmm... *still searching......... errrrrrmmmmm

definitely not the weather. I would say the yorkshire pudding, apple crumble with custard and my friends of course!

ReputationRep:
    Quality of though and education.

The fact that I cannot imagine myself living anywhere else. ****ing love Britain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i hope you get really ill in another part of the world and then you'll realise how lucky we are to have the NHS, ****ing hell
    This was uncalled for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parasite)
    Errrrrmmm........ errrrrrmmmm... *still searching......... errrrrrmmmmm

definitely not the weather. I would say the yorkshire pudding, apple crumble with custard and my friends of course!
    To be quite honest I see nothing wrong in the weather

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.