Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's actually dated an east asian who is non asian? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PikahBoo)
    Interesting... For me i can date anyone i want to, but i must admit there is no other connection like the one you have with your own people. What ethnicity are you?
    I completely disagree with the whole connection thing you're on about😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Dunno why I just didnt google it. Quora is one of my favourite sites.
    https://www.quora.com/Do-East-Asians...utheast-Asians

In terms of the OPs question I bet its heavily twords the female being E asian.
    I know there's an apparent issue that East Asian males have in the US where they are seen as less desirable but I think in the UK its probably just due to how few of them there are.

At my school I knew 2 Asian boys and 1 girl (in the same year group), one of the boys was like childhood family friends with the girl so it was unlikely they'd date. The other boy has a girlfriend now. So unless they all dated eachother, its unlikely that they would date another Asian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    I completely disagree with the whole connection thing you're on about😂
    First what ethnicity are you?
    And in what way do you disagree?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I always hear about white guys who do, not to be racist but I think Asian parents might not approve of non-white guys. I was once in town with my friend who is East Asian and we bumped into her family in town and they saw me and they said "When did Kevin get so dark."

I'm not Kevin, but Kevin is her brother. I'm not sure why they called me her brother though.
    Hey

Why don’t East Asianparents like darker (or black) people?

My friend (a blackguy) dated this Chinese girl at University for about 2 years. They seemed tolike each other and were all-over each other. When her parents came to visit her from Shanghai, she did not want him to meet her parents. Her response wasthat her parents were “conservative.” This apparently messed up theirrelationship because the guy was persistent. They dated for a few months afterwardsand broke up, when she returned to China.

Later on, I found outthat there was something about East Asian Parents and not wanting theirchildren to date darker or black people.

I see many East Asianmen and women with other Asians or White people, but there are very fewinterracial relationships between Asians and Black people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Hey

My friend (a blackguy) dated this Chinese girl at University for about 2 years. They seemed tolike each other and were all-over each other. When her parents came to visit her from Shanghai, she did not want him to meet her parents. Her response wasthat her parents were “conservative.” This apparently messed up theirrelationship because the guy was persistent. They dated for a few months afterwardsand broke up, when she returned to China.

Later on, I found outthat there was something about East Asian Parents and not wanting theirchildren to date darker or black people.

I see many East Asianmen and women with other Asians or White people, but there are very fewinterracial relationships between Asians and Black people.
    I don't actually know, might be a cultural thing that they made up or it could be from colonialism, honestly no clue. Live I had a teacher who used to teach in China, she was like pale and blonde (white) and she said she went to the beach for a tan and the students in China made fun of her for getting a tan.

One of my friends is Asian and has a Black girlfriend, pretty rare but his parents are quite cool and 'hip'.

I think Media in Asia tends to show a negative portrayal of black people, mainly like starving kids in Africa or American ghettos.

ReputationRep:
    And you are chinese, korean, mexican, elephant?
    I am British, my ethnicity is Chinese.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't actually know, might be a cultural thing that they made up or it could be from colonialism, honestly no clue. Live I had a teacher who used to teach in China, she was like pale and blonde (white) and she said she went to the beach for a tan and the students in China made fun of her for getting a tan.

One of my friends is Asian and has a Black girlfriend, pretty rare but his parents are quite cool and 'hip'.

I think Media in Asia tends to show a negative portrayal of black people, mainly like starving kids in Africa or American ghettos.
    Okay, thanks

ReputationRep:
    First what ethnicity are you?
    And in what way do you disagree?
    I'm white British and I disagree because I've connected with different ethnicities miles more than white people, I have different ethnic friends and my boyfriend is East Asian and I connect with him on a whole new level

ReputationRep:
    I would :heart: to date a east Asian girl #goals :drool:

ReputationRep:

:rofl: *dead*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Hey

Because darker skin is looked down upon by east asians, and asians in general. Even in South asian, dark skin is looked down upon, everyone wants to be lighter. There are so many bleaching products to whiten skin and people in hong kong/china even have umbrellas to avoid getting dark. Black people have a negative image, you don't see many black people in harvard, cambridge, oxford, they are mainly asian and white. So they are seen as less intelligent and of course asian families don't want to inherit this lack of intelligent in their eyes. It may or may not be true, we don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I am British, my ethnicity is Chinese.
    ni ho, sen leen fie lot ma?

ReputationRep:
    Guy or girl doesn't matter.
    What did their parents think?
    Im curious.
    I think the correct term is orientals.

and lel major yellow fever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    :rofl: *dead*
    His dad who's like a 40 or 50 year old Asian man, I saw wearing a backwards cap and he greeted me with a thumbs up saying "Cool dude!"

ReputationRep:
    Hohoho, I wish

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, that was really unhelpful of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    I think the correct term is orientals.

and lel major yellow fever.
    there is not correct term.
    What is your ethnicity and why do you have yellow fewer?
    What is so attractive about east asians or if you prefer your term 'orientals'?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because darker skin is looked down upon by east asians, and asians in general. Even in South asian, dark skin is looked down upon, everyone wants to be lighter. There are so many bleaching products to whiten skin and people in hong kong/china even have umbrellas to avoid getting dark. Black people have a negative image, you don't see many black people in harvard, cambridge, oxford, they are mainly asian and white. So they are seen as less intelligent and of course asian families don't want to inherit this lack of intelligent in their eyes. It may or may not be true, we don't know.
    I have heard of the bleaching and plastic surgery epidemic in HK, Korea and China

I think that most of the stories about black people are untrue. It is sad that people will generalise and stereotype black people as being dangerous or less intelligent.There are black students in Harvard, Cambridge plus Princeton and they are performing as good as their Asian and White mates. I agree that they may be inthe minority, but many clever black students fail to get places because ofother factors including socioeconomic. For example, a Chinese person may go to study at Cambridge on a Government Scholarship, but it may be impossible for a Nigerian student to do the same.

I have heard that manystereotypes against black people are based on bias and sometimes racism. The good thing is that younger people from East Asia may not hold the prejudice of their parents and they are open to dating people from other races. Unfortunately, they still have to please their parents and family by bringing home someone their family will approve.

Sorry to derail the conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you won't understand then. White people tend to connect with anyone because they have no culture. Whereas asians have a culture and its a very enjoyable culture, when dating other people not in the same culture we feel alienated because this person doesn't know much about our culture nor does he or she look like one of us.
    I understand perfectly. You do realise how racist youre being right now dont you? White people have a culture, just because we are mire open minded than others doesnt mean we dont have a culture? How narrow minded of you to think like that. The asian culture isnt 'very enjoyable' to some people so you need to realise that and get off your high horse and if you have such an issue with them not looking like you then dont date them? Problem solved.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yeah you won't understand then. White people tend to connect with anyone because they have no culture. Whereas asians have a culture and its a very enjoyable culture, when dating other people not in the same culture we feel alienated because this person doesn't know much about our culture nor does he or she look like one of us.
    Thats hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Thats hilarious
    They clearly didnt study history, how embarrasing on their part

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.