Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    nah..how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Got a regret mail sitting right there in my "spam" folder

ReputationRep:
    I applied as well... d last email i got said "thank you for your application to study at Newcastle universoty and for the shared scholarship scheme you will be informed no later than the end of july"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eygyal)
    I applied as well... d last email i got said "thank you for your application to study at Newcastle universoty and for the shared scholarship scheme you will be informed no later than the end of july"
    When did u get the mail?

ReputationRep:
    @fembas what is the regret email about? and when did you receive it?

ReputationRep:
    received the same email as eygyal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdee)
    @fembas what is the regret email about? and when did you receive it?
    "Thank you for your application for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. I regret to inform you that, following a rigorous selection process, your application was unsuccessful. The funding attracts a large number of applications for a limited number of awards, so therefore many strong applications are unsuccessful.

If you have been made an offer to study at the University of your choice, you may wish to contact the relevant Postgraduate Admissions team to see if there is any alternative funding available.

This message has been automatically generated by the EAS on behalf of Newcastle University."As received @ 1115Hrs of today

ReputationRep:
    received the same email as eygyal..
    when did u receive this mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fembas)
    When did u get the mail?
    18th March n now i have an unconditional offer from them but i dont kno whats happening eirh the csc application

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my mail..nothing..you can contact James

ReputationRep:
    Wishing you guys the very best

ReputationRep:
    James Fox is senior Financial Support Assistant at Newcatle Univ.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    James Fox is senior Financial Support Assistant at Newcatle Univ.
    When i got my acceptance letter i did msg him asking what to do and he said we would have to wait a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fembas)
    Did anybody apply to Newcastle University?
    Hi fembas, I just checked my EAS and the Newcastle application is still there. I will update you if anything comes up. Am sure u will receive a good news soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eygyal)
    I applied as well... d last email i got said "thank you for your application to study at Newcastle universoty and for the shared scholarship scheme you will be informed no later than the end of july
    "
    Did u receive a mail saying that your application has been received? Which schools have u heard from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pompey4)
    Hi fembas, I just checked my EAS and the Newcastle application is still there. I will update you if anything comes up. Am sure u will receive a good news soon.
    Thanks bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pompey4)
    Did u receive a mail saying that your application has been received? Which schools have u heard from?
    Application received from rhe university's or from the csc? I havent received anything from the csc but yes i have heard from the Universitys where ive been accepted

ReputationRep:
    @fembas do you still have Newcastle University on your EAS time line?

ReputationRep:
    @Eygyal what course did you choose at Newcastle?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.