ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triller)
    gces are overrated dont worry stay calm be trill

tbh u dont even need to revise for gcses

pce mane
    how 2 get a* den

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizaaaaaas)
    ooh I have the same exam board as you for Triple Science, Eng lit, french, geography and history

I have already done Stats, Eng lit and ICT. I kinda regret it because I could have done better in Stats but oh well
    Wow that's great! What are you studying for English lit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Ayyy what kdrama do you watch at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by .x.Joy.x.)
    *creeps into conversation*

I heard Kdrama....
    HELLO THERE,

@ihatePE um I'm watching Descendents of the Sun (SONG JOONG KI IS SO HOT), Page Turner, Mrs Cop, Marriage Contract are the latest ones I'm watching rn. I really need to stop and start revising, but ......... i cant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annastasia_)
    Wow that's great! What are you studying for English lit?
    For English Lit, i did it last year. I did poems, OMAM, A View From the Bridge and I think Macbeth I hated it

ReputationRep:
    y10 i was studying of mice and men, yr 11 now studying Heroes and An inspector call. heroes has got to be the most boring book to study :-/ have u finished all the reading?
    i'm doing the same novels. Finding AIC quite boring but of mice and men was quite good. Have you done anything about unseen poetry? i have no idea what to do about it

ReputationRep:
    For English Lit, i did it last year. I did poems, OMAM, A View From the Bridge and I think Macbeth I hated it
    Ugh, I'm doing Macbeth for my English lit as well. I hate it :unimpressed: what is the best way to revise for it?

ReputationRep:
    Same!! I have no motivation tbh, My day goes by with me watching animes and dramas all day
    I don't know how to stop. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I'm doing Macbeth for my English lit as well. I hate it :unimpressed: what is the best way to revise for it?
    I have no clue because I think we did CA for Macbeth now that I remember, but study themes, characters in depth I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    I don't know how to stop. :afraid:
    I feel you! T_T I have no idea how to break free from this spell :ashamed2: What animes are you watching??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    how 2 get a* den
    in all fairness gces aren't really worth it bruh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trillest)
    in all fairness gces aren't really worth it bruh
    they secure a good future so why wouldn't u put in effort? either way u wont regret putting in effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    they secure a good future so why wouldn't u put in effort? either way u wont regret putting in effort
    tf you on about mane?
    i didn't do any revision for mine and got b's in everything
    you ain't need gcses for anything
    your own judgement will teach u more than any school mane

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, definitely. Which 20th century novel and Shakespeare play are you doing for English Lit?
    My exams for Lit are on Of Mice and Men, A View from the Bridge and Lord of the Flies (and unseen poetry)

But I did do coursework on Romeo and Juliet as well.

ReputationRep:
    I feel you! T_T I have no idea how to break free from this spell :ashamed2: What animes are you watching??
    Ive literally seen every anime

People at my school call me the anime God

but i was watching :

God Eater
    Dimension W
    Erased
    Fruit of Grisaia? Grisai?
    The Monogatari Series
    Gate Jietai
    Dagashi Kashi

I've just finished about 2/3 of that list

what about you :3

ReputationRep:

but i was watching :

God Eater
    Dimension W
    Erased
    The Monogatari Series
    Gate Jietai
    Dagashi Kashi

Oh my god. I'm so behind all the latest animes. I'm just waiting for Haikyuu and One Piece to update. AND I WANT AOT SEASON 2!!
    I haven't watched much these days becos of kdramas.

ReputationRep:

but i was watching :

God Eater
    Dimension W
    Erased
    The Monogatari Series
    Gate Jietai
    Dagashi Kashi

hi! I have heard about erased how is it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    HELLO THERE,

@ihatePE um I'm watching Descendents of the Sun (SONG JOONG KI IS SO HOT), Page Turner, Mrs Cop, Marriage Contract are the latest ones I'm watching rn. I really need to stop and start revising, but ......... i cant
    descendent of the sun is so popular now even my parents are like ''have u seen it have u have u'' even though theyre usually like ''quit watching dramas, dont want you to stay up past 4am and want u to revise instead''' lull
    is it worth the watch? hoepfully i can contain to one ep a day or week *heavy breathing*
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PenguinNinja)
    i'm doing the same novels. Finding AIC quite boring but of mice and men was quite good. Have you done anything about unseen poetry? i have no idea what to do about it
    unseen poetry only comes in y10 exams (unit 1)

unit 2, we study two books, so that's 2 essays + 2 extracts analysation so theres no poems in y11 (thank god for that)
    but honestly i was so bad at poems even though i did get full UMS *screams*
    my technique was, dont purposely look for the writer's techinque, there's no checklist for that, you have to pick out a word and explain its effects and why it's being used. that's what gets you the marks, u dont get marks for saying ''oh thats an alliteration '', yes but why does the writer uses it? to emphasise the line, so that the specific line stands out from the rest as they want to highlight it for some reason. hoped i helped, i know it's rubbish, and i wondered why i even got full marks for the poems, i literally wrote a load of crap and the comparison was literally 5 lines xd im lucky!

ReputationRep:
    descendent of the sun is so popular now even my parents are like ''have u seen it have u have u'' even though theyre usually like ''quit watching dramas, dont want you to stay up past 4am and want u to revise instead''' lull
    is it worth the watch? hoepfully i can contain to one ep a day or week *heavy breathing*
    Believe me, my friends were posting that all over ig and I was like what's the big deal, BUT after I started watching it, I fell in love.
    Ikr! It was even on BBC apparently. Yes it is worth it. There's only 11 ep so far and I'm in ep 6 (I started it ytd )
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Believe me, my friends were posting that all over ig and I was like what's the big deal, BUT after I started watching it, I fell in love.
    Ikr! It was even on BBC apparently. Yes it is worth it. There's only 11 ep so far and I'm in ep 6 (I started it ytd )
    yeah i saw, they were posting the bbc article on it in this facebook kpop group i follow. my drama list is such a mess right now though, i'm watching Heroes (american drama) and Thirteen (bbc 3 drama) on top of the unfinished reply 1994 D: have u watched reply 1988? it's a gem!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.