The Student Room Group

MYGCSESCIENCE vs CGP revision guides

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alow
CGP are utter shite.

The CGP biology textbooks aren't that bad. Although mine is for A-level.

For GCSE I used both and did pretty well. Although I didn't utilise past papers very well :/
Original post by caitlinford3
Depends what learner you are, personally I make flash cards from the revision guides and then watch a video after just to further my understanding, then if it's a difficult concept I'll make a poster with annotations, but of course this can be long-winded and time consuming and you could understand the information to the extent I learned it much quicker than me

http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml do one of these tests to see what kind of learner you are :smile:

Thanks, coincidentally it was only a few days ago that I learnt i was visual. I have a memory of a goldfish for words, but i can remember pictures, dreams and old memories very vividly for some reason
Maybe revision posters and videos would be a better use of your time then as opposed to flash cards! :smile:
CGP, you learn much more quicker because each video is about 10 minutes from what I've seen. But that's just how I learn.
I use CGP books because MyGCSEsScience don't have the specification I do.
Unit 3 biology pissess me off and I am predicted an A* whats the best way to revise? Also is a 43 in my isa equate to 86 ums?

Quick Reply

Latest