Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not yet haven't gotten any correspondence

ReputationRep:
    Congrats though!

ReputationRep:
    Dear All,

I received an email today stating that I have an invitation to selection on 09 June 2016.

I was wondering if anyone has already been to a similar selection day before and would not mind sharing their experience? what is to be expected? will there be any written tests that I should prepare for?

I have been out of education for almost a decade as I have been employed and am slightly nervous and wanted to know what I should brush up on?

Kind regards

Effkay

ReputationRep:
    Hi Effkay,

Congrats on getting the interview! St Georges use Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs), so have a look online at possible scenarios. Here are some example MMI tasks taken from their website:

Pack a suitcase for a trip, where the case can only contain half of the items available
    Travelling on the London Underground, one of your friends has become separated from the group – it’s their first time in London – describe your plan of action
    You have a list of 15 individuals, giving their sex, age and occupation – you can save five of them from nuclear attack – which five and why?
    As captain of a football team, inform a member of your team that they have not been selected to play in the final
    Inform your neighbour that you have just (accidentally) run over and killed their cat.

And here is a link to some possible PA questions from a US site but applicable to the UK:

http://www.thepalife.com/the-top-46-...iew-questions/

Some unis doing the same course sometimes ask for a numeracy and literacy test. You might have to write a small essay.

Hope this helps.

(Original post by effkay)
    Dear All,

I received an email today stating that I have an invitation to selection on 09 June 2016.

I was wondering if anyone has already been to a similar selection day before and would not mind sharing their experience? what is to be expected? will there be any written tests that I should prepare for?

I have been out of education for almost a decade as I have been employed and am slightly nervous and wanted to know what I should brush up on?

Kind regards

Effkay

ReputationRep:
    I received an interview for the 2nd June. Are PA MMI similar to medicinal school MMI?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on getting the interview. I think they will ask something along the lines: why do you want to be a PA and not a doctor/nurse/advanced nurse practitioner? and also what you know about PAs in the UK and what challenges they face? What can PAs do? and other standard interview questions.

(Original post by mind)
    I received an interview for the 2nd June. Are PA MMI similar to medicinal school MMI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lana0311)
    Hi Effkay,

Congrats on getting the interview! St Georges use Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs), so have a look online at possible scenarios. Here are some example MMI tasks taken from their website:

Pack a suitcase for a trip, where the case can only contain half of the items available
    Travelling on the London Underground, one of your friends has become separated from the group – it’s their first time in London – describe your plan of action
    You have a list of 15 individuals, giving their sex, age and occupation – you can save five of them from nuclear attack – which five and why?
    As captain of a football team, inform a member of your team that they have not been selected to play in the final
    Inform your neighbour that you have just (accidentally) run over and killed their cat.

And here is a link to some possible PA questions from a US site but applicable to the UK:

http://www.thepalife.com/the-top-46-...iew-questions/

Some unis doing the same course sometimes ask for a numeracy and literacy test. You might have to write a small essay.

Hope this helps.
    Dear Lana0311

Thank you very much indeed! Really helpful guidance for which I am truly grateful.

So, are you currently studying the physician associate studies are you already qualified?

kind regards

effkay

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who have heard something back. I still have not heard anything yet regarding anything! Wonder what is going on?????

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on getting the interview. I think they will ask something along the lines: why do you want to be a PA and not a doctor/nurse/advanced nurse practitioner? and also what you know about PAs in the UK and what challenges they face? What can PAs do? and other standard interview questions.
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    In case anyone else is waiting on a response I just called them they are still processing applications but people will be hearing back from them in the next week or so since the first interviews are June 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mind)
    I will see you there ;0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrispenguin)
    I will see you there ;0
    awesome! do you know if there is a literacy or a maths station?

ReputationRep:
    Does the uni notify you when they have received your references ?
    Also has anyone had a interview yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got my invitation to an interview. Also got accepted into the Worcester program 😁

ReputationRep:
    Congrats jpg30!! I also just got my email about the interview. When are you going?
    Im so excited.

(Original post by jpg30)
    Just got my invitation to an interview. Also got accepted into the Worcester program 😁

ReputationRep:
    Congrats jpg30!! I also just got my email about the interview. When are you going?
    Im so excited.
    Thanks you too! Mine is July 7th! When's yours ?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer?

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer so excited to do this course

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on getting the offer. How long after the interview did you hear back?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! As did I, can't wait

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.