Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I support the bill on privatising media companies, reforming education to promote Britain, and the bill banning political parties from sex discrimination.
    Promoting Britain in what way?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    Apart from Adam's bills, when is the last time your party or its members submitted something remotely sensible?
    If we're talking sensible how long ago do we have to go for the Greens?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Andy98 Little Toy Gun barnetlad The Church of England Bill was submitted on the 3rd February, the Photographic Image and Modelling Bill was on the 12th February, the Rail Fares Bill arrived on the 13th February, and Little Toy Gun's bill was on the 1st March. A party who has not submitted a bill for nearly two months, and whose members have not submitted a bill for a month is a lazy party; stop living off the past.
    Meh, at least ours are sensible.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    If we're talking sensible how long ago do we have to go for the Greens?
    Not very...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Not very...
    Which are you thinking of, or did I just not see it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)

This video highlights the problems of library closures in a musical way.
    I'm not sure if I embedded this properly...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I thought it was supposed to be the right that's stuck in the past saying "this is how it was, this is how it should be!"
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Which are you thinking of, or did I just not see it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most of our billing output is rather sensible.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saracen's Fez The MHoC is stuck in the past by continuing to accept poor quality motions on the excuse it happened in earlier Parliaments. That may be true, but I want to see the MHoC changed to take the context of modelling Parliament seriously, not continue to accept the failures of yesterday while praising people for terrible motions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Most of our billing output is rather sensible.
    Not much of it seems to fit with the definition of sensible though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Meh, at least ours are sensible.
    I disagree, the Green bills appear sensible to you, the UKIP bills appear sensible to UKIP; it comes down to individual political opinions.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Not much of it seems to fit with the definition of sensible though.
    Well let's see; our bills benefit the majority of people, rather than the minority that we supposedly represent. I'd call that sensible.

I disagree, the Green bills appear sensible to you, the UKIP bills appear sensible to UKIP; it comes down to individual political opinions.
    Exactly the point I was making. Although you've got to admit that the current UKIP related bill is, quite frankly, insane.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well let's see; our bills benefit the majority of people, rather than the minority that we supposedly represent. I'd call that sensible.

Exactly the point I was making. Although you've got to admit that the current UKIP related bill is, quite frankly, insane.
    The very basics of the current bill are acceptable as the idea of creating a society of superior individuals is controversial but not terrible, however, creating the society by removing people from society, or forcefully sterilising people is terrible.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    The very basics of the current bill are acceptable as the idea of creating a society of superior individuals is controversial but not terrible, however, creating the society by removing people from society, or forcefully sterilising people is terrible.
    Yeah I see what you mean; it's called natural selection, or evolution (or if you're that kind of person: God making us better at not dying).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They do? I was under the impression that they helped nobody, or but a handful counterbalanced by harm.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    They do? I was under the impression that they helped nobody, or but a handful counterbalanced by harm.
    I'm curious now; how do you figure?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm curious now; how do you figure?
    With the three listed by Nigel,
    Church disestablishment helps a grand total of nobody
    The models helps a grand total of maybe a couple of models whilst losing some their jobs
    The Rail Fares arguably does help some users, or alternatively it harms most users, certainly for the early days.

ReputationRep:
    If we still had obligatory church tithes that would be a different story - but we don't.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'll give you that one, just doesn't make sense to have CofE when most people don't actually follow the religion.

[quote]The models helps a grand total of maybe a couple of models whilst losing some their jobs[quote]

Most cases of bulimia/anorexia are linked to the images of "the perfect woman" being the figures of the stick insects that supermodels aim to be.

The Rail Fares arguably does help some users, or alternatively it harms most users, certainly for the early days.
    In the long I believe it would make the system easier to use, and the rail networks themselves would get more efficient.

Anywho, we're derailing

ReputationRep:
    The models helps a grand total of maybe a couple of models whilst losing some their jobs
    The majority of rail users do not have monthly season tivkets or annual ones so would have benefited or been no worse off under the Bill, No established church benefits the majority of people who are of another Christian tradition or another faith or none.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.