Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asia is the safest place for girls in the world watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Yes but that probably links hugely to divorce being culturally unacceptable in Asia.
    Anything can have any possibility, what important is the fact or what have happened and not what should or will happen. The fact is Asia have the lowes numbers of rape crimes and divorce.

If you use probability then I can also say that the actuall number of rape and divorce in the west is actually way much higher but not reported because western culture see rape and divorce as something normal.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Kanuku)
    I'm still new when I made this topic while new user can't post link without having several post and I have said in this topic 1st post that I will add the link later.

Japan is not the only Asian countries who have super low rape crimes, go see Korea, China and even Indonesia and other SEA countries that they all also have super low rape crimes.
    The answers quite easy. Just stay in Japan. Utterly pointless thread..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    The answers quite easy. Just stay in Japan. Utterly pointless thread..
    So you can't use your baseless opinion now huh? I mean when you said Japan have super low rape crimes is because of shame unreported stuff, you must be shocked to know that the other Asian countries I mentioned also have super low rape crimes, even more shocked when I told you Indonesia have more lower rape crimes than Japan which the last data I see is less than 2000 while Indonesian population is around 240 millions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roofas)
    What do you mean by Asia?

Do you mean in the Middle East where women are the property of their husbands, can't drive, endure marital rape and a culture that forces them to cover up their bodies so men don't feel the urge to rape them?

Do you mean India where until Britain stepped in, widows were burned alive in a funeral pyre tradition known as Sati, and where women are gang-raped to death on public transport? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23434888)

Maybe in Pakistan where little girls are shot in the head for attempting to go to school and get an education? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24379018)

Or China where there is a massive gender imbalance because female babies are routinely abandoned and left to die or aborted because they are of inherently lower worth than males? (http://www.allgirlsallowed.org/gendercide)

South Korea where there is such a disgusting focus on physical beauty that more women in that country than anywhere else turn to plastic surgery to 'fix' themselves, many of whom are left mutilated and scarred after procedures go wrong? (http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/sout...ry?id=24123409)

Japan where women are so stressed with working in stale concrete offices they don't have time to start families and are prone to suicide? (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18799644)

There has been a disgusting rise in Asian supremacy in recent months on multiple forums/mediums and it's truly unfounded.
    Every country has its problems. Before Britain invaded India, it owned 25% of the world's economy. The British empire wasn't exactly perfect. You don't need to tell you some of the thing it did. Most of these crimes are done by uneducated people. That is a problem in their country. Britain isn't exactly free of all problems either. You get benefit eaters in this country. What about that?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So you can't use your baseless opinion now huh? I mean when you said Japan have super low rape crimes is because of shame unreported stuff, you must be shocked to know that the other Asian countries I mentioned also have super low rape crimes, even more shocked when I told you Indonesia have more lower rape crimes than Japan which the last data I see is less than 2000 while Indonesian population is around 240 millions.
    I believe your attacking the wrong poster you really are contemptible.

This Indonesian woman looks happy from December

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...haria-law.html
    Why are you obsessed about rape?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If its such a great place why do you have some of the highest suicide rates in the world?
    https://data.oecd.org/healthstat/suicide-rates.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Every country has its problems. Before Britain invaded India, it owned 25% of the world's economy. The British empire wasn't exactly perfect. You don't need to tell you some of the thing it did. Most of these crimes are done by uneducated people. That is a problem in their country. Britain isn't exactly free of all problems either. You get benefit eaters in this country. What about that?
    India's share of world GDP didn't decline because of British rule. Correlation does not equal causation.

Gradual British rule began at the onset of the Industrial Revolution in Britain and Europe, and coincided with the slow collapse of the Indian Mughal Empire into petty warring kingdoms. Europe and its colonial offshoots experienced an unprecedented economic boom that entirely eclipsed Asia's previous economic lead.

There's no reason to believe India would have industrialised without British or another European country's rule. Neither Japan or China were colonised yet Japan didn't begin industrialisation until the 1870s and China's industrialisation only began in earnest a few decades ago. If anything the fact that India was unified by a single power rather than be left in a fractious state has only increased the nation's stability and efficiency, and made its current economic boom possible.

In anycase, just because the Indian share of GDP did decrease doesn't mean that the era heralded a decline in living standards or economic viability. The contemporary decline in European and North American share of world GDP hasn't been coupled with a fall in Western living standards, and there isn't much call to believe that it happened in Colonial India either or that such a potential decline was due to British mismanagement.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    No that is just nonsense, the term "known to police" is used to the numbers reported known to police and not what police there see as a rape what is not a rape.

What you said is unlogical because if rape crimes are at least as high in Japan as in america then other crimes in Japan should be at least as high too. It is weird to think that rape crimes in Japan is as high in america while over crimes is super low, or maybe you also think the other super low crimes in Japan also fake data?

See the 2nd note that other crimes which are also super low in Japan support that rape crimes is super low in Japan, Japanese are just more civilized.
    Suit yourself.

I have not stated anything about the true magnitude of the problem. Only that it's a widely known problem that goes unreported in Japan, meaning the statistics are highly unreliable and cannot be used as a benchmark comparison.

Burying your head in the sand does not make it true.

Japan is simply living in denial and you have an agenda to push.

Good day.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    That is only from individual peoples, the data posted there are taken from government source which is the most accurate and reliable source because they will not just do something without thinking they can take account for it.
    What you must first consider before looking at the statistics is that women in the Western world are more willing to report sexual assault than their Asian counterparts. Also, their first link is incorrect - they state 1289; the report it takes you to states 7,027. I'll let them off with the populations as they were rounding correctly. However, that error throws the maths out of whack.

But that's the reported cases, in the Western world there are some women who will report rape just because they regret having sex with that person. But in Asia I suspect most cases are unreported. There's a groping culture in Japan, 70% of students are groped while on the train.

And that's the countries they picked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roofas)
    India's share of world GDP didn't decline because of British rule. Correlation does not equal causation.

Gradual British rule began at the onset of the Industrial Revolution in Britain and Europe, and coincided with the slow collapse of the Indian Mughal Empire into petty warring kingdoms. Europe and its colonial offshoots experienced an unprecedented economic boom that entirely eclipsed Asia's previous economic lead.

There's no reason to believe India would have industrialised without British or another European country's rule. Neither Japan or China were colonised yet Japan didn't begin industrialisation until the 1870s and China's industrialisation only began in earnest a few decades ago. If anything the fact that India was unified by a single power rather than be left in a fractious state has only increased the nation's stability and efficiency, and made its current economic boom possible.

In anycase, just because the Indian share of GDP did decrease doesn't mean that the era heralded a decline in living standards or economic viability. The contemporary decline in European and North American share of world GDP hasn't been coupled with a fall in Western living standards, and there isn't much call to believe that it happened in Colonial India either or that such a potential decline was due to British mismanagement.
    My point was more to say to not generalise a country based on the actions of a few. Every country has something wrong. Your post just gave me the impression that you are generalising these countries. Not everyone is a rapist, terrorist or beauty obsessed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I believe your attacking the wrong poster you really are contemptible.

This Indonesian woman looks happy from December

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...haria-law.html
    Why are you obsessed about rape?
    You now seems to give up on trying to prove the data I use to be wrong because you realize that you can't since you don't have any valid evidence, now you try to derail the dabate into other topic which I will not fall for, including not fall for why there are many suicide case [ not crimes ] in Japan which have nothing to do with other crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    What you must first consider before looking at the statistics is that women in the Western world are more willing to report sexual assault than their Asian counterparts. Also, their first link is incorrect - they state 1289; the report it takes you to states 7,027. I'll let them off with the populations as they were rounding correctly. However, that error throws the maths out of whack.

But that's the reported cases, in the Western world there are some women who will report rape just because they regret having sex with that person. But in Asia I suspect most cases are unreported. There's a groping culture in Japan, 70% of students are groped while on the train.

And that's the countries they picked

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See the 2nd note which said that rape is not the only crimes that are super low in numbers but also other crimes so this is not about more willing to report, grope in train or other nonsense you can come up with but about who is being more civilzied.

Abou the rape numbers, which page of the pdf files you read that you come up with that numbers?

Only source from government or valid organization that are reliable.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    See the 2nd note which said that rape is not the only crimes that are super low in numbers but also other crimes so this is not about more willing to report, grope in train or other nonsense you can come up with but about who is being more civilzied.

Abou the rape numbers, which page of the pdf files you read that you come up with that numbers?

Only source from government or valid organization that are reliable.
    You're clearly too stubborn to accept a good argument so I won't bother.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is unfair to compare so many different countries with different culture/economy and different circumstances

Europe is less safe for women than say 10 years ago due to influx of refugees

we can only compare rape crimes in one country with different demographics

One way or another, Asians (chinese and others) are still less likely to commit rape crime relatively to other population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a...United_Kingdom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    India wouldnt have catch up with the industrial revolution anyway so one way or another, they would be out compete. In fact its actually more shocking they didnt catch up with it being a colony of Britain and have so many ties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    You're clearly too stubborn to accept a good argument so I won't bother.
    It turns out that you are only speaking nonsense.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    It turns out that you are only speaking nonsense.
    Right.

Source for facts : http://antiwesterncosplayers.blogspo...-most-and.html

That is because Asian guys appreciate girls the most than any other males in the world, which is why Asian guys committed the lowest numbers of rape crimes in the world.

Yup I agree. Safe A.F.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.