Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the spite for women who pose provactively or nude really about? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if we don't pay any attention to them, they'll go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmightyJesus)
    it's only females that oppose women being nude. why would a man dislike it when a woman is naked?
    Nudity has its place. At home, in a spa or sauna, on designated beaches. As a form of protest such as PETAs 'I'd rather be naked than wear fur' or the World Naked Bike Ride where nudity is to show vulnerability of the cyclist in our car culture.

Where page 3 or other nudity/toplessness is used to sell right wing peddlers of hate such as the Sun, to promote bad karaoke or to sell tat, then there is everything to dislike about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Nudity has its place. At home, in a spa or sauna, on designated beaches. As a form of protest such as PETAs 'I'd rather be naked than wear fur' or the World Naked Bike Ride where nudity is to show vulnerability of the cyclist in our car culture.

Where page 3 or other nudity/toplessness is used to sell right wing peddlers of hate such as the Sun, to promote bad karaoke or to sell tat, then there is everything to dislike about it.
    women can do what they want - if they want to sell their body image to a right wing paper then that's their deal. nudity shouldn't be illegal anywhere too, for that matter. to ban something, you ought to ask yourself "am I willing to use violence to make this happen?" because how to you enforce a ban without force? just because a policeman is doing the violence, they're doing it because of people supporting certain prohibitions; they're the agents and the people are the principals. I don't support using violence to stop people being naked. that's stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the comments here have really infuriated me. As a woman with big boobs I am constantly thrown with insults whenever I wear a top that someone with smaller boobs wouldn't be given second looks of. Comments like 'you've just got them out for attention' 'you have no self respect' 'boys don't like that'

1) THEY'RE BREASTS FOR GOD SAKE THEY AREN'T EVEN A SEXUAL ORGAN - THEY ARE LUMPS OF FAT IN WHICH YOU FEED A BABY WITH WHO GIVES A :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: IF YOU HAVE THEM OUT?

2) No self-respect? Self-respect has NOTHING to do with nudity and sex. If you respect yourself, your body enough to do whatever the :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: you want, you have self respect.

3) Seriously, we couldn't care less what boys like and don't like. I wear whatever I want for ME because it makes ME feel confident - not for the viewings of anyone else. Because I enjoy wearing it and I want to.

Seriously, why is everyone so hung up about Kim K (and the fact she's supposedly 'talentless', she admits that herself) and every other celebrity and what they're doing? Like everyone spends their only life judging others and critiquing others, just get on with your own life and stop with the jealousy and negativity.

over & out
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Enjoy the dolphins

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it is their body and they should also be able to do whatever they like with it.
    However, I feel like a lot of people do not think it is modest and that it is over-sexualising females in general.
    How serious would you take your doctor or lawyer if they posed nudes? On the other hand, if we are to
    judge women like Kim K, we should also tell men to stop posing nude as well, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    What is the hatred for women who pose nude? So Kim Kardashian and Emily Ratijowtakiakakajowski (I don't know how to spell her name) have taken a photo with their tits out in a bathroom.

So what ?Well, apparently for some people it's a big deal. It doesn't really bother me that much but I am getting a bit tired of seeing the same old rubbish about it which really seems to be rooted in bitterness, envy, or puritanism.

Here are some common arguments I'm tired of hearing:

1. They don't deserve to be famous.

Why does anyone deserve to be famous? Fame, to me, sounds like a really unpleasent thing. Sure, I'd love to be respected, or admired. I think most of us would. But famous, as in having paparazzi follow you everywhere? As in having to constantly worry about everything you do?Nah, it's not for me. But if some people enjoy that, more power to them. If these people want fame, they can have it.

2. They take up too much space in the news when we should be concentrating on more important things.

Nah, they don't. If you're not a complete idiot and you actually look at serious news websites occasionally you'll see they never say a word about them. The only reason you think this is because you're a moron who gets your news solely off Buzzfeed and Facebook.

3. They're vain, and they're encouraging vanity.

So what? What exactly is wrong with being vain? As long as you're not unpleasant to others, be as vain as you like. They love showing themselves off, and some people enjoying seeing them show off. What's the problem here?

4. They're not contributing anything to the world.

Neither do the vast majority of people. Most people work jobs that require no skill and benefit no-one except the company they work for and its customers, and sometimes not even that.

5. They're only famous for getting their boobs and arse out.

I don't really understand the hierarchy of body parts. All models become famous entirely because of their physical looks. But when boobs or arse play a big part in it, suddenly that's so much less respectable or admirable. Modelling isn't really admirable, but it's not reprehensible either. It's just a job that certain people enjoy and it doesn't really benefit the world much, but it doesn't hurt it either.
    The spite is because they are doing it for attention / publicity / £££££ / Narcissm

Not for "female empowerment" as they claim. If a man banged the hottest woman in the world and got millions of mouth breathers to bow at his feet for his incredibly brave and noble deed, people would be rightly miffed aswell

ReputationRep:
    Kim Kardashian rose to prominence via a sex tape. There's nothing admirable about her. The fact that she has been elevated into a cult figure revered by millions of young women is a sad reflection of our society.

ReputationRep:
    I like boobs but when celebs post this crap it just makes me shrug. What really bothers me though is the troglodites who follow closely behind with their wobbly underarms screaming for air under their bikini straps and ribbed tree stump legs attempting to bend to look sexy; all forming one gigantic online circle jerk about how brave they are.

Garbage, human garbage.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.