Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are we told all women are beautiful, but not all men? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I don't actually think anyone has answered this question correctly yet

It's obviously because women are "supposed" to be beautiful, they always have been. Even in religion etc...

Anyway men don't have the same pressure to be beautiful as they do to "provide", to be strong and masculine etc.

But the female beauty is almost expected of women, also men are far more shallow when looking for a partner, women aren't as shallow when it comes to a guys looks (probably because of the way we have been wired ^).

Congrats on indeed being the first person to answer correctly.

It's amazing to me how university students can balls up something so simple frankly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Congrats on indeed being the first person to answer correctly.

It's amazing to me how university students can balls up something so simple frankly.
    Is that sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    Is that sarcasm?
    I hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charles_2nd)
    I hope so
    Well...I'm not wrong. What I've said above is true (although it's put in simpler terms because it was 4am when I wrote it...)

ReputationRep:
    Men are shallow when it comes to looks. I've seen more good looking girls with less attractive guys than the other way around.
    That's your opinion. Maybe you're shallow since these guys are "less attractive" according to your standards.

ReputationRep:
    Women have a lot more pressure to be beautiful than men, that's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Women have a lot more pressure to be beautiful than men, that's why.
    Pressure from who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oy Vey)
    Pressure from who?
    society/media

ReputationRep:
    capitalism -> beauty industry = female insecurity. -third wave feminism = therapy for insecure women

ReputationRep:
    society/media
    How?

ReputationRep:
    society/media
    I used to be fat, really :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing fat actually.

I saw on the cover of a magasine a handsome guy with a beautiful woman.

What I did do: Buy 1k home gym and get aesthetics

What I did not do: Complain that I am beautiful and healthy at every size and that media is oppressing me with its thin privilege.

People in this country, complain far too much, it's kinda sickening. No safe spaces, nowhere to hide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oy Vey)
    How?
    Like we are constantly bombared with images and videos thoughout the media on how "beautiful" we are supposed to be with tv advs, billboards even youtube ads..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirty Dawah)
    I used to be fat, really :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing fat actually.

I saw on the cover of a magasine a handsome guy with a beautiful woman.

What I did do: Buy 1k home gym and get aesthetics

What I did not do: Complain that I am beautiful and healthy at every size and that media is oppressing me with its thin privilege.

People in this country, complain far too much, it's kinda sickening. No safe spaces, nowhere to hide.
    I dont understand the point what you are getting at?

weight and beauty are different things.

ReputationRep:

I want people to shut the :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: up and stop complaining.

''i r beautiful''

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...15_468x622.jpg

Nah m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If it is feminism then it makes no sense. If we want equality we need to be seen as strong and as competent as men and not care whether we are ugly or not.
    it's an urban myth that feminism strictly implies equality,

ReputationRep:
    Like we are constantly bombared with images and videos thoughout the media on how "beautiful" we are supposed to be with tv advs, billboards even youtube ads..
    Are women that weak minded?

ReputationRep:
    Men are all hairy.

ReputationRep:

No they're not.

Fat = ugly.

ReputationRep:
    We tell women that to make them feel good, generally, men have stronger minds and can deal with not being called beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of feminists push the line that a man doesn't deserve sex with a woman and I agree with that, but they can't handle it when it's turned around and pushed back in their faces, when guys say they're not really good enough for relationships or whatever

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.