Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Most impress on some level, but never yet dated a girl who could inspire me to great acts of generosity and romance :dancing:

Best of both worlds

Spoiler:
    Show
    Speaking of dating, and different worlds, should you wish to be accompanied by a gentleman companion of the tall, blonde persuasion, this one'll be in London for near enough a week as of next Mon/Tues
    Really? I didn't realise that was the case. I always thought you paid for their drink,especially the recent ones you had dates less than a year ago.

Thanks for informing me,I'll let you know as always

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I would definitely pay for myself on a date and I know many other girls that would too. So I have no idea why guys make this whole paying fot dates thing a problem.
    Well I think they want to make a good impression so feel that if they offer to pay all of it the girl is more likely to be interested in them then splitting. That's something I worry about but I suppose the guy has to be strong & if the girl expects him to pay all of it then she is just not worth it

ReputationRep:
    Stop paying so much attention to those feminist idiots. You pay for what you order/buy, it's as simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    would you expect a guy to pay for ur food on a date?
    As a guy... I wouldn't mind paying for food... LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Well I think they want to make a good impression so feel that if they offer to pay all of it the girl is more likely to be interested in them then splitting. That's something I worry about but I suppose the guy has to be strong & if the girl expects him to pay all of it then she is just not worth it
    Yeah, I know a lot of guys that would be willing to pay for a good impression but he shouldn't be forced to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Really? I didn't realise that was the case. I always thought you paid for their drink, especially the recent ones you had dates less than a year ago
    Re-read what I wrote more carefully sweetpea. The last girl I dated, this time last year, actually paid c.£60 compared with my £21.50 :yeah:

Thanks for informing me,I'll let you know as always
    Jolly good. Look forward to hearing from a lady, or ladies, serious about seeing/spending time with me, as a matter of priority :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I will always offer to split the bill. But I used to think that whoever organises the date should pay (as long as it's not super expensive ofc)

ReputationRep:
    I always go to get my card out to pay half but they're always like 'no no don't worry I'll pay!' I mean it'd be RUDE not to accept.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you could toss a coin to see who pays ?

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Re-read what I wrote more carefully sweetpea. The last girl I dated, this time last year, actually paid c.£60 compared with my £21.50 :yeah:

Jolly good. Look forward to hearing from a lady, or ladies, serious about seeing/spending time with me, as a matter of priority :yy:
    £60 on drinks!?

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course they have to! My boyfriend pays for every date we go on! Expensive or inexpensive.

ReputationRep:
    Unless it's a treat, I would pay for my own.

ReputationRep:
    I like a guy to offer even though I'll usually insist on splitting it. (Sometimes the guy is better at insisting and when I have been paid for, I have enjoyed it )

ReputationRep:
    I always offer to pay half, usually they don't want me to though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    would you expect a guy to pay for ur food on a date?
    Not really. As soon as the joint bill arrives, I calculate how much I have spent and the guy calculate his. Then, we pay separately. If one of us are short of money, then i think it would be nice to help the other person in paying the bill.

If the guy chooses to pay for the bill, then why not? As long as he is not forced to do so, then that's lovely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd always offer half but I've been with guys before who get offended if you offer to pay, but then again they weren't worthy of a second date so I think that shows the type of guy they were. Don't upset the fragile masculinity of some.

I wouldn't mind paying on the first date if I were the one who initiated the date. I believe that the person that asks should pay as for second date and onwards both parties should split the bill

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.