Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by I took ur girl)
    Yeah I love the Jamaican food as well.

I could never understand a word of Jamaican Patois though, I usually just nod my head and smile.

How long did you live in Stockwell for?

Which do you prefer London or Wales?
    i lived in stockwell for 1 year, then i moved to streatham for 2 years before moving to wales. london is obviously a good choice, but i think if my family were to stay there, we'd be broke and never have noice things :-)

Well, it was recently named the most deprived town in the UK, according to the ONS, but tbh it's my home.

Sure, the town centre is grim, unemployment rates are high, academic achievement is poor, and women usually have more kids than teeth, but I was born there and it's my home. I can't help but feel a sense of pride for it lol

No matter how much I say I want to move to the 'beautiful South' when I'm older, I actually don't. I do want to live somewhere more rural but I can quite comfortably get that by going out a few miles from my town centre. So yeah, I'd like to settle back in my deprived little town when I'm older.

I love it

ReputationRep:
    Born and raised in Reading, I love it but live in Liverpool which is miles better, but it's not home. Won't stay here for much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioness)
    Chelsea :gangster:. I know I'm so thug.
    I have never been to Chelsea it's like an unknown territory for me, does everyone in Chelsea act really posh and all the men wear pink and look like pumpkin heads?:curious: Like in Made In Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been to Chelsea it's like an unknown territory for me, does everyone in Chelsea act really posh and all the men wear pink and look like pumpkin heads?:curious: Like in Made In Chelsea.
    ever been to central london

ReputationRep:
    W.London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    That's Wood Green :yes:
    Is that area where you had that unfortunate incident with that Somali with the scar on his left eye?

ReputationRep:
    Is that area where you had that unfortunate incident with that Somali with the scar on his left eye?
    That was North Finchley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King !)
    ever been to central london
    Yeah I've been to certain parts of Central like Oxford and Liverpool Street, but I've never been to Chelsea before.

Why have you been before?:mute:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've been to certain parts of Central like Oxford and Liverpool Street, but I've never been to Chelsea before.

Why have you been before?:mute:
    Dont you have to go through Chelsea with the bus in order to get to Oxford Street and Liverpool Street.:doh:

Lol, not at all. Though I spend most of my time in Hounslow or Hammersmith. Chelsea is very bland Imo.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I live in Old Trafford. Quite close to the Manchester United football ground.

I live in Crouch End which is a very nice area in North London.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Kvothe the arcane, I love how in that huge link of yours there are 3 random dolphins in the middle of it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    ^ Kvothe the arcane, I love how in that huge link of yours there are 3 random dolphins in the middle of it.
    Too late :P. Edited. If you haven't noticed, the swear filter has been changed to dolphins. See: :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. I attempted to say an expletive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    W.London
    :eek: No way, not far from me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Too late :P. Edited. If you haven't noticed, the swear filter has been changed to dolphins. See: :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. I attempted to say an expletive.
    I do know about the swear filter change :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Well, it was recently named the most deprived town in the UK, according to the ONS, but tbh it's my home.

Sure, the town centre is grim, unemployment rates are high, academic achievement is poor, and women usually have more kids than teeth, but I was born there and it's my home. I can't help but feel a sense of pride for it lol

No matter how much I say I want to move to the 'beautiful South' when I'm older, I actually don't. I do want to live somewhere more rural but I can quite comfortably get that by going out a few miles from my town centre. So yeah, I'd like to settle back in my deprived little town when I'm older.

I love it

Woah! I am generally speechless.

You generally sound like you love where you live.:erm: I can see why you'd want to move back.

Where do you live exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    ESSEX.
    ewww

ReputationRep:
    We moved to Enfield a few months back from SE London.

I really miss the south east, it's where I grew up :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King !)
    Dont you have to go through Chelsea with the bus in order to get to Oxford Street and Liverpool Street.:doh:
    Oh yeah you're right, but I usually take the tube it's quicker.

I am curious. Where do you live?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.