Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lol. No surprise. But don't you think you should take something with a pinch grain of salt?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Can any of this information be used to prosecute?
    Seriously, just read what's on the BBC. The information is there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    Seriously, just read what's on the BBC. The information is there.
    I cant see anything in the link which says whether the leaks can be used for prosecutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    I cant see anything in the link which says whether the leaks can be used for prosecutions.
    I didn't just say the OP's link. See below:

"One wealthy client, US millionaire and life coach Marianna Olszewski, was offered fake ownership records to hide money from the authorities. This is in direct breach of international regulations designed to stop money-laundering and tax evasion."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-35918844

With 11 million documents to analyse it will take some time for prosecutors to work out who is culpable for what (and where they can be tried), but if the above was an isolated case I would be very surprised.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.