Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you kiss on a first date? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you kiss on a first date?
    Hell yeah!
    37.56%
    Absolutely not
    10.84%
    Not sure/it would depend
    51.60%

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I can understand why you might want to think that that was the case retrospectively, but I'll take your word for it. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't help but be slightly amused at the thought (yes, I think about insane things, too ) of finding the right person during freshers' week while at a club, of all times and places. But kudos to you for managing it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I failed to mention that we live in the same uni accommodation flat, didn't I?

(Original post by Airmed)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I failed to mention that we live in the same uni accommodation flat, didn't I?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No, you implied it, but I missed it. xD No worries, I get it now. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    It would take a lot for me to even speak on the first date.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Oh and this...

(Original post by mscaffrey)
    It would take a lot for me to even speak on the first date.

ReputationRep:
    if I can kiss people I don't know that well at parties, then probably (?)
    not that I've ever been on a date hahhaaa

ReputationRep:
    The person I want to go on a date with, yes, (we've been friends for years). Other people, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps a peck in the cheek

ReputationRep:
    If I'm feeling the mood...

ReputationRep:
    i have sex on all my first dates

ReputationRep:
    I kiss on the first date, and if I try to kiss a girl on the first date and she refuses I read that as a huge sign of disinterest on her part and i will not re-initiate first contact after the date.

If you go on a date and don't even kiss it's not even a real date imo. you could have done that same sh*t with a friend.

In my experiance a girl who won't kiss you on the first date is either not into you, or on the fence about you or just plain frigid.

none of these I find desireable.

if I try for a kiss and she refuses, to try and find out where I stand I will usually not reinitiate contact after the date. I will wait to see if she does. Sort of a little test to gauge her interest level. If she does not reinitiate contact then I have confirmed my suspcions that she just wasn't into me and move on. If she does reinitiate contact ... I may decided to go out with her one more time, ...but after that if there is no kiss I am definately gone. Im not into going on endless platonic dates that are heading nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its that big of deal.... its just a kiss its not like you're bringing them home. why not if you like them?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm somewhat alarmed that any men would vote no. There's no better way to both signal attraction and progress to potential sex/romance.

ReputationRep:
    Just on the cheek.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    So...would you? :kiss2:
    If you asked nicely, sure.

When were you thinking? I'm busy this weekend but maybe next?

Spoiler:
    Show

:mmm: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    of course

Spoiler:
    Show
    not just kiss

ReputationRep:
    If there is chemistry, then yes. It's only a kiss...

ReputationRep:
    It would have to be going well but yes I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    If we really like each other and there's obvious chemistry then yeah. It's just a little kiss :giggle:
    same here. but surely once or twice its been more than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    of course

Spoiler:
    Show
    not just kiss
    confident lool you must be a good kisser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    I don't think its that big of deal.... its just a kiss its not like you're bringing them home. why not if you like them?
    I know, i dont get why someone wouldnt if they thought the other person was attractive. Thats from a guys point of view though i dunno how it may be different for girls?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.