Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to overcome performance anxiety Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Agree that you're not going to attempt intercourse for a while. That will take some pressure off (and if you have an erection while she's ready, you can ignore the agreement and go for it...)

During that time, have a read of Bernie Zilbergeld's books, 'Men & Sex' or 'The New Male Sexuality' - the latter is the second edition of the first, originally titled 'Male Sexuality', but there's no much difference. At least one person is usually offering one of them for 1p+postage on Amazon (it's M&S at the moment, I see...) It has a very good programme of exercises, alone and with a partner, for getting control over this.

My other thought is to wonder if you're actually sleeping together. If so, do you wake up with an erection?

(Original post by unprinted)
    Agree that you're not going to attempt intercourse for a while. That will take some pressure off (and if you have an erection while she's ready, you can ignore the agreement and go for it...)

During that time, have a read of Bernie Zilbergeld's books, 'Men & Sex' or 'The New Male Sexuality' - the latter is the second edition of the first, originally titled 'Male Sexuality', but there's no much difference. At least one person is usually offering one of them for 1p+postage on Amazon (it's M&S at the moment, I see...) It has a very good programme of exercises, alone and with a partner, for getting control over this.

My other thought is to wonder if you're actually sleeping together. If so, do you wake up with an erection?
    Thanks for the advice.

The difference now is that we have properly talked about it together so I do feel a bit of pressure has been relieved. However when we woke up this morning I thought she was going to initiate sex and I could feel myself getting a little stressed about it.

Yes when we sleep together I wake up with an erection and even during the night sometimes when we are spooning etc.

Oh well, i think my relationship with this girl is about to end. A shame because I do really like her, but she's been acting differently the past week and I think she's probably going to tell me we shouldn't see each other anymore.

I think I'll just have to stick to casual sex, this whole thing has put me off relationships with girls I actually like.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.