Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    I think you be able to achieve that Last year it was something like 68% for an A in Physics! Haha wish I could get an A in maths, its quite hard this year!
    no need to wish YOU CAN ACHIEVE THAT
    JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF YAYAYAY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So the exams are closing in on us all Is everyone ready for them?
    How are you preparing for them?
    Are you stressed out and don't want to do no more?

Well discuss it all here! Because we can do this together this year we will all claim our "Top Grades" if you are aiming for an A let us get that! If you are aiming for a B let's do this bruh If you're doing A2's I expect those A*'s because we all have the ability to do this we just need to work hard and be determined!
    And yes I'm talking to you

Here are a few tips that have helped me get from a U at the start of the year to now A's/B's: (AS-Level)
    • Colour Co-ordinating my notes this has really helped me as it makes it much easier to picture the notes in my head during a test or something
    • Making clear diagrams on a white board and sticking it in my bedroom!
    • Repeating the notes out LOUD so that everyone can hear it XD
    • Listening to music that motivates you and makes you want to do more, I know how difficult it can be sometimes to do any work but the day you feel like you can't do no more THAT DAY YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
    • Acting like a pro because tbh who ain't a pro on TSR
    My AS-levels:
    - Further maths
    - Maths
    - Biology
    - Physics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would probably recommend not listening to music unless you are used to it- some people find it quite distracting, but other people (like me) are perfectly fine with revising with music on (i have always done it, including revsing for both gcses and as)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    I would probably recommend not listening to music unless you are used to it- some people find it quite distracting, but other people (like me) are perfectly fine with revising with music on (i have always done it, including revsing for both gcses and as)
    yea as i mentioned with another poster it depends on the individual as well

ReputationRep:

Yes I am Killua
    Ooooooo interesting
    Darn keep at it bro you can do this!
    Dw you still have plenty of time as long as you use it
    YOU CAN DO IT BEST OF LUCK BRO
    Thanks. 😄 Good luck too. + You are the best character from my favourite anime, so I'm guessing what you say goes. 👍🏻 I will revise until Cambridge accepts me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xerxesisx)
    Thanks. 😄 Good luck too. + You are the best character from my favourite anime, so I'm guessing what you say goes. 👍🏻 I will revise until Cambridge accepts me.
    Yes you do that And ofc what I say goes
    Idk where Gon is though :/

ReputationRep:
    yea as i mentioned with another poster it depends on the individual as well
    Yeah good luck for your exams, let me know if i can help (at a2 doing maths fm physics chem)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Yeah good luck for your exams, let me know if i can help (at a2 doing maths fm physics chem)
    thanks mate u 2

ReputationRep:
    no need to wish YOU CAN ACHIEVE THAT
    JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF YAYAYAY!
    Haha I do wish everyday :lol: It will just take me a bit more time to grasp that's all
    I will try - but only if you do too!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I do wish everyday :lol: It will just take me a bit more time to grasp that's all
    I will try - but only if you do too!
    yasssssss together XD

ReputationRep:
    yasssssss together XD
    Haha yep!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :party::nyan::woo:

ReputationRep:

Well discuss it all here! Because we can do this together this year we will all claim our "Top Grades" if you are aiming for an A let us get that! If you are aiming for a B let's do this bruh If you're doing A2's I expect those A*'s because we all have the ability to do this we just need to work hard and be determined!

Here are a few tips that have helped me get from a U at the start of the year to now A's/B's: (AS-Level)
    • Colour Co-ordinating my notes this has really helped me as it makes it much easier to picture the notes in my head during a test or something
    • Listening to music that motivates you and makes you want to do more, I know how difficult it can be sometimes to do any work but the day you feel like you can't do no more THAT DAY YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
    My AS-levels:
    - Further maths
    - Maths
    - Biology
    - Physics
    What I expected to be doing in my spare time: :work:
    What I actually did: :couchpotato: :dancing:

This also happened last year, but I pulled it out of the bag, although it wasn't easy to get motivated..... :ssaw:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    What I expected to be doing in my spare time: :work:
    What I actually did: :couchpotato: :dancing:

This also happened last year, but I pulled it out of the bag, although it wasn't easy to get motivated..... :ssaw:
    ROFL actually laughing my head off right now XD
    well as long as you get the grades no one can complain

ReputationRep:
    Haha yep!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :party::nyan::woo:

;D

ReputationRep:
    ROFL actually laughing my head off right now XD
    well as long as you get the grades no one can complain
    I only just got the grades last time for one of my subjects.... it was a close shave :parrot:

Whenever people say that I'm clever....

Expectation (what they see):
    :judge: :jitsu: :getmecoat:

Reality (what I see):
    :ymca: :woo: :nutcase:

ALL I WISH FOR IS AN IN-BETWEEN! :rofl: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I only just got the grades last time for one of my subjects.... it was a close shave :parrot:

Whenever people say that I'm clever....

Expectation (what they see):
    :judge: :jitsu: :getmecoat:

Reality (what I see):
    :ymca: :woo: :nutcase:

ALL I WISH FOR IS AN IN-BETWEEN! :rofl: :laugh:

ROFL XD
    Well dw at last you got them still
    You're clever
    I see you both ways although this is the first time we've spoke but life is like a box of chocolate you never know what to expect next

ReputationRep:
    ROFL XD
    Well dw at last you got them still
    You're clever
    I see you both ways although this is the first time we've spoke but life is like a box of chocolate you never know what to expect next
    :rofl2: That is true yes :laugh:
    Thank you! As are you!
    Ahahaha that's good then, I wish they could appreciate my craziness as much as I do! :nyan:

Forest Gump reference right there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    what exam board for ICT - is it AS??? :excited:
    Yes, in fact it is a higher level of AS I infact am the Prince of Britannia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelouch's Geass)
    Yes, in fact it is a higher level of AS I infact am the Prince of Britannia
    which exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    which exam board?
    He does AQA
    I saw that guy a while back

ReputationRep:

My AS-levels:
    - Further maths
    - Maths
    - Biology
    - Physics
    My AS-Levels are Economics, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. I've gone through the content a couple of times, but still feel very uneasy. I'll be starting past-papers from Monday on wards (need to get dem 4A's), but havent been feeling motivated lately. My focus is just always somewhere else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.