Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many weddings and funerals have you been to? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm Indian, there's like 7 different weddings every summer and I can't remember how many I've been to, funerals - 4. I didn't cry at any
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've been to three weddings (including the weddings of both my parents) and three funerals (although two were for the same person, as she had a cremation and a funeral).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I went to the other funeral when I was about two or three, and I apparently went 'ha ha!' in the middle of it :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    1 wedding and 0 funerals

ReputationRep:
    I've been to 2 funerals, and I'm going to my 1st wedding in May

ReputationRep:
    Around 30 weddings because Indian families are huge, and no funerals because I was too young to properly understand what was going on

ReputationRep:
    Like 50 weddings or so. Not enough.

2 funerls. Too many.

ReputationRep:
    More funerals than weddings like yourself also sadly , all my grandparents have now died (although my dad's dad died wayyy before I was born), and a lot of my relatives aren't married! But I think I've been to 5 funerals and 3 weddings! I'm going to a wedding later this year though, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I m going to my third wedding (and my 3rd time as a bridesmaid in june) and I've been to 7 funerals. How about you?
    none at all.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to maybe 4 or 5 weddings.
    0 funerals
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    More funerals than weddings like yourself also sadly , all my grandparents have now died (although my dad's dad died wayyy before I was born), and a lot of my relatives aren't married! But I think I've been to 5 funerals and 3 weddings! I'm going to a wedding later this year though, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I live in hope that more people round me will decide to get in engaged so more weddings to go to.

ReputationRep:
    2 weddings (both when I was quite young) and 0 funerals

One funeral and only cos i was forced to go wasn't a pleasant experience tbh especially riding in the black car things behind the coffin it was all a bit morbid
    and no weddings
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Been to 6 funerals and my mum's wedding next week will be the first ever wedding I've been to. I'll be the only bridesmaid, a ring bearer and I'm giving her away with my papa so no pressure, eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3 weddings and 8 funerals.

ReputationRep:
    1 wedding (I was a bridesmaid!) when I was about seven. There's been a couple of weddings when I was even younger, where I've been to the party afterwards but not the ceremony because they wanted a child-free wedding.

And I've been to 5 funerals - nana (dad's mum), great-grandma and great-grandad (on mum's side), great-grandma's sister, and a close family friend. My grandad on my mum's side died when I was four, but they decided I was too young to go to the funeral. My first one was when I was about ten.

ReputationRep:
    3 funerals and 2 weddings, one of which I was a flower girl for haha

ReputationRep:
    I have been to 4 funerals within 3 weeks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    A few each. Been the best man at one wedding.

ReputationRep:
    Weddings are boring.We all know they're empty promises and you have to pay a fortune on gifts

ReputationRep:
    funerals: idk maybe 1or 2 when i was little. i remember not understanding what i was going on and thinking it was a 'party'
    weddings: at least 10

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.