Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who would be able to make Britain great again? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    But if they hadn't formed a coalition, tuition fees wouldn't have been abolished anyway. And they'd probably have been raised even more than they were. So how would not forming a coalition have been preferable in any way?
    no, I'm not claiming that they were able to abolish them either way - they promised to not vote for *any* rise in fees. labour only wanted them at £6k - so they could have fed off from that if they weren't in government.

ReputationRep:
    Stella Creasy as PM
    Yanis Varoufakis as Chancellor
    Ken Clarke as Home Sec
    Richard Dawkins as Education minister
    Lisa Nandy Energy Sec
    Maajid Nawaaz as Justice Sec
    Stewart Lee as Culture Minister
    Hilary Benn as Foreign Sec
    Corbyn as ISIS peace envoy

ReputationRep:
    I think David Cameron is already making Britain great again- he's decreased unemployment, stimulated economic growth and improved our infrastructure. We don't need anyone else to make Britain great.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  83.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Steve Baker

ReputationRep:
    winston churchill reanimated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Well, it definitely wouldn't be Tim Farron. I hate to admit it, but I think he's been a weak leader so far.

I really think Nick Clegg could turn things around for the UK. He was a strong, principled party leader. But obviously that won't happen.
    Clegg was an idiot who lied to his voters, he's a weak pushover just like all leftists. Cameron's strong but his heart's in the wrong place.

Farage is who we need. Or someone who's a British Putin or Trump. Punch through the leftist bs about him, and you'll find that Putin's been the best leader Russia's ever had. No one else could've turned the country around like he has. It's depressing to see leftists claiming that he's banned homosexuality and other such nonsense. He banned LGBT propaganda not homosexuality.

We need a leader who'll defend our sovereignty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Clegg was an idiot who lied to his voters, he's a weak pushover just like all leftists. Cameron's strong but his heart's in the wrong place.

Farage is who we need. Or someone who's a British Putin or Trump. Punch through the leftist bs about him, and you'll find that Putin's been the best leader Russia's ever had. No one else could've turned the country around like he has. It's depressing to see leftists claiming that he's banned homosexuality and other such nonsense. He banned LGBT propaganda not homosexuality.

We need a leader who'll defend our sovereignty!
    Not sure about Cameron or Farage. I think Cameron is weak. I liked Farage, and he has done some excellent work for the country, but I feel he has gone a bit soft lately.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody like Alexander the Great or Genghis Khan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    Not sure about Cameron or Farage. I think Cameron is weak. I liked Farage, and he has done some excellent work for the country, but I feel he has gone a bit soft lately.
    You've got a point there, Farage hasn't really shown his face as much since the last election.

ReputationRep:
    The only people who can make Britain great are those out of the political sphere. Politicians have used the state to regulate and destroy all that is good. All we do time and time again is just swap the face of the state (government of the day) with no change to the apparatus (the hand of the state). All that will and does happen is the power of the state is further centralised and the power/freedom of the people is and will be forever quashed under it. Possibly a bit utopian, but the question is quite utopian anyway :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    What I am hoping for is for the 'Conservative party' to split. Then what could emerge is a proper conservative party that would represent actual conservative values.

I am convinced that a true Conservative party is what we need.
    No, we need violent insurrection. Even if Trump did everything he has said he would the US would still need violent insurrection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragon_)
    Both have them have questioned even the need for parliament; instead calling for online voting. You can't really get more libertarian than them
    Libertarianism is stupid though.

ReputationRep:
    Nicola Sturgeon is doing a good in Scotland maybe she could be ok for the uk?

ReputationRep:
    Boris

ReputationRep:
    PM Boris Johnson
    Chancellor David Cameron
    Somewhere Katie Hopkins
    Home Nigel Farage
    Justice Paul Joseph Watson

& Milo Yiannoapaulus in there somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I think David Cameron is already making Britain great again- he's decreased unemployment, stimulated economic growth and improved our infrastructure. We don't need anyone else to make Britain great.
    Ha! I always find stuff like this amusing. When times are good, it is always politicians who have personally improved things. When times are bad, it is external forces, the economy and any other excuse at hand. I would suggest that politicians have far less power to change things like the economy than they would ever admit.

Remember Gordon Brown who personally ended boom-and-bust? Until the last bust that is! I would be prepared to wage that had I moved into Downing Street and done diddly-squat we would still have seen unemployment fall and economic growth improve... which it hasn't really. Bumping along at less that 0.5% is hardly anything to shout about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Ha! I always find stuff like this amusing. When times are good, it is always politicians who have personally improved things. When times are bad, it is external forces, the economy and any other excuse at hand. I would suggest that politicians have far less power to change things like the economy than they would ever admit.

Remember Gordon Brown who personally ended boom-and-bust? Until the last bust that is! I would be prepared to wage that had I moved into Downing Street and done diddly-squat we would still have seen unemployment fall and economic growth improve... which it hasn't really. Bumping along at less that 0.5% is hardly anything to shout about.
    All right then? If you say so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Borisite)
    PM Boris Johnson
    Chancellor David Cameron
    Somewhere Katie Hopkins
    Home Nigel Farage
    Justice Paul Joseph Watson

& Milo Yiannoapaulus in there somewhere
    Looks like the panel on " Have I got news for you"

ReputationRep:
    Trump

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.