Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

David Cameron admits to profiting from offshore fund !!! Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mathstatician)
    His shares were worth £30000. It's hardly a fortune nor really comparable to what the party is standing for.

To be honest, whether he actually stands for these things is irrelevant to me. All that should matter is whether he is able to stop it and whether he does. If he can do that, he is a successful advocate of the people and should stay in power.

Why everybody is whining over dividends he paid tax on is beyond me. Jumping the gun to demonise tories is my bet.
    People are lying because the guy is a hypocrite and a liar. Go away Tory Fanboy.

#resigncameron get it trending more!!! #CurseDavidCameron was a success

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathstatician)
    His shares were worth £30000. It's hardly a fortune nor really comparable to what the party is standing for.

To be honest, whether he actually stands for these things is irrelevant to me. All that should matter is whether he is able to stop it and whether he does. If he can do that, he is a successful advocate of the people and should stay in power.

Why everybody is whining over dividends he paid tax on is beyond me. Jumping the gun to demonise tories is my bet.
    What do you make of the Swiss tax deal?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    People are lying because the guy is a hypocrite and a liar. Go away Tory Fanboy.

#resigncameron get it trending more!!! #CurseDavidCameron was a success
    Exactly! I just don't get how people can defend him on this tax heavens scandal. #ResignCameron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRUsername99)
    Then why did he keep coming out with so many porkies? How do we know he's not still feeding us yet more porkies?
    He wasn't lying tho, he was being very clear and said he all his investments had tax paid fair and square.

He's not an idiot, he wouldn't have invested in shady deals as he would have known the consequences anyway. You're just a sensationalist
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Either he will resign or the govt will force him out. Then we call for an early General Election?
    No he won't
    No they can't
    Practically, they can't do that either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Exactly! I just don't get how people can defend him on this tax heavens scandal. #ResignCameron
    Maybe because he hasn't actually done anything wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Maybe because he hasn't actually done anything wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry but you are one deluded person. He has done something wrong in this tax heavens scandal by lying to the British public on TV that he had no involvement and made 4 statements via Downing St Office denying involvement in this before he finally admitted.

Funny enough that you're claiming he's innocent because he's clearly not, he's a bloody hypocrite on tackling tax avoidance anyways.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm sorry but you are one deluded person. He has done something wrong in this tax heavens scandal by lying to the British public on TV that he had no involvement and made 4 statements via Downing St Office denying involvement in this before he finally admitted.

Funny enough that you're claiming he's innocent because he's clearly not, he's a bloody hypocrite on tackling tax avoidance anyways.
    So hypocrisy is a scandal and people who don't have the money to do something that makes them money being annoyed that somebody who does have the money did makes them doing that wrong? There's this thing called the law, it is the only absolute statement of write and wrong.

If we want to talk hypocrisy, should Ed Miliband have resigned when his tax avoidance came up? How about the whole labour party given their biggest backers are also engaged in tax avoidance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    He wasn't lying tho, he was being very clear and said he all his investments had tax paid fair and square.
    :rofl::rolleyes:

(Original post by Youngmetro)
    He's not an idiot, he wouldn't have invested in shady deals as he would have known the consequences anyway. You're just a sensationalist
    No he's not an idiot, just a **** that thought he was a good enough ********ter to ******** his way out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, he had no choice, seeing as he would be found out, at the end anyways.

ReputationRep:
    So hypocrisy is a scandal and people who don't have the money to do something that makes them money being annoyed that somebody who does have the money did makes them doing that wrong?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

There's this thing called the law, it is the only absolute statement of write and wrong.
    I think i get it, you're saying we should all **** a dead pig?

ReputationRep:
    Why are people defending him? He's changed his statement several times and finally now has admitted the truth. Had enough of him.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Why are people defending him? He's changed his statement several times and finally now has admitted the truth. Had enough of him.
    Thank you! You have deluded right-wingers on here trying to argue with me and others alike about why he's innocent and God knows what. He's clearly not innocent and is a liar over his involvement in this tax heavens scandal. #ResignCameron
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Can I get that in English please?

Is that the best you can come up with?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    No it won't because the only people who care are the types who mindlessly hate all Tories anyway
    At least they are not deluded and they can actually see that this is wrong!
    Such as yourself. A mindless child.
    Lol me hypocrite and a liar? Mindless child? If I was a mindless child I would have still backed up David Cameron even though he was involved in the tax scandal. If I was mindless I would have thought the leaflets the government sent out is fair and unbiased - that's what you call mindless and that's you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Don't bother wasting your time with that deluded ****** because it's simply not worth it. He tried to challenge me over the points I've made but quite frankly, I will support people calling for politicians such as Ed Miliband who was allegedly involved in a tax avoidance scandal if they were found guilty. Of course it will save time if the politicians admitted involvement in this and just resign; however we have politicians who attempts to hid away from something they've done and then have the damn decency to lie to the British people.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    So hypocrisy is a scandal and people who don't have the money to do something that makes them money being annoyed that somebody who does have the money did makes them doing that wrong? There's this thing called the law, it is the only absolute statement of write and wrong.

If we want to talk hypocrisy, should Ed Miliband have resigned when his tax avoidance came up? How about the whole labour party given their biggest backers are also engaged in tax avoidance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The law doesn't mean it is right. If something is legal by law, it doesn't mean it is right. That's why people are ticked off.

Why do Tories always do this? We are talking about YOUR party not labour. Labour, as far as I am concerned, has got nothing to do with this. Every time there is a debate you always bring up labour's mistakes when we are talking about the topic of the Tories' mistakes. Stop bringing them in.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    The law doesn't mean it is right. If something is legal by law, it doesn't mean it is right. That's why people are ticked off.

Why do Tories always do this? We are talking about YOUR party not labour. Labour, as far as I am concerned, has got nothing to do with this. Every time there is a debate you always bring up labour's mistakes when we are talking about the topic of the Tories' mistakes. Stop bringing them in.
    They aren't involved yet, do you honestly expect no involvement?

As I said, the only absolute wrong is determined by the law at the time, any question of right and wrong beyond that is a matter of petty morality.

ReputationRep:
    Can I get that in English please?

Is that the best you can come up with?
    You'd prefer a dead alpaca? Go for it, perfectly legal, probably a private matter though.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother wasting your time with that deluded ****** because it's simply not worth it. He tried to challenge me over the points I've made but quite frankly, I will support people calling for politicians such as Ed Miliband who was allegedly involved in a tax avoidance scandal if they were found guilty. Of course it will save time if the politicians admitted involvement in this and just resign; however we have politicians who attempts to hid away from something they've done and then have the damn decency to lie to the British people.
    Nice to watch them squirm though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.