Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No social media accounts? What!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    NO, it's normal especially to those who who's not techy.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with that. I used to be addicted to it, but I never use it anymore. But stil, having Facebook to get in connect with courses mates for example is handy.

These days, I just use Instagram and snapchat from time to time :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    You got me
    Tbh i just mine for stalking purposes ha ha

ReputationRep:
    I only use Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. :moon:

I would kind of find it a bit weird if they didn't have any but its nothing to be fussed about
    if they didn't have any social media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    I only use Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. :moon:

I would kind of find it a bit weird if they didn't have any but its nothing to be fussed about
    if they didn't have any social media.
    Only? And you dont use fb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stk1010)
    Would you think it's strange if someone in this day of age had no social media accounts? No kind of online presence at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No

If they don't have Skype, Whatsapp only then is it fishy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I have Facebook and instagram to pree. I am one of those people that has had the same Facebook profile picture for years and I upload pictures on insta every few months. I have like 40 followers on twitter, half of them I do not know and they've just followed me. I've been on twitter for years and haven't bothered to search for anyone I know. I've realised I only ever tweet when i'm hungry or tired. Never really been one to divulge every detail of my day to day life.

All in all everyone I need to be in contact with is on my what's app list. It was actually really refreshing to be in a relationship with someone with no online presence, so no I don't find it weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No i dont...
    i have no online presence at all and want it to stay that way.
    nothing comes up if you google my name except an art award i got once
    That's an awesome life! I'm sure people don't know that when you post stuff on the internet other databases automatically get it and post it without your permission as well. Especially if you don't keep it private. Unless you're a celebrity why do that? And if it's private there's still randos out there doing god knows what ...to your waffle with ice cream photo lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nope, not at all. I would consider it more intriguing if they didn't have an email address or a mobile phone, however.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have social media, or rather I don't use social media, my facebook profile is still up there, somewhere, but there is a story behind that. I have wondered what would people think of me or expect of me when they find out I don't bother

ReputationRep:
    I only have Facebook and Twitter. I barely use them tbh.
    I don't think it's strange. Life doesn't evolve around social media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Only? And you dont use fb?
    I can understand to some that might seem a lot :laugh:
    Nah, I don't use facebook never was a fan of it. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I might as well be one of those people. I have Twitter and FB accounts I rarely ever use. I still don't even know what Instagram and some of these other ridiculous ones are. I just post on the odd forum like here, Imdb and DS.

Only use TSR and snapchat... No need for any other social networking sites. If I need to know what my mates are doing, they'll tell me. And I don't really care if a celeb has coffee for breakfast

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a social media addict. I used to use twitter and facebook all the time, I stopped using them now I have lost in contact with my school friends I want to start using twitter again but it's so hard to get back on it because I haven't used it in nearly a year now
    I also don't have an instagram because I look weird/ugly in pictures but for some reason, everyone assumes I have one?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Tbh i just mine for stalking purposes ha ha
    This is why I don't have one, have to preserve the mystery

ReputationRep:
    I'd consider it admirable. Social media is poison.
    He says on a social media site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    He says on a social media site.
    what

ReputationRep:
    what
    You said social media is poison on a social media platform. Not too difficult to understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    This is why I don't have one, have to preserve the mystery
    ayyy, you'd be boring to stalk anyway

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.