Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TreeFellOnMe)
    Damn. I also stay away from pork and such and don't drink/smoke/etc because I've just been conditioned that way and perfectly happy with it, but yeah not my thing, all that Muslim stuff.
    I do understand you. I don't think I would drink anyways. Like sometimes I act like a Muslim but it doesn't feel true. Maybe it'll change when I get older but who really knows.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to define religiousness.

ReputationRep:
    I understand you! Honestly it's all about taking it step by step. You can't become a devoted Muslim overnight- it just won't work like that. You could start off by praying once a day and then gradually increase it.
    I probably need to do this too, my heart feels so heavy whenever I remember that I don't pray anymore

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    Thank you very much. Your quite insightful and wise
    You're welcome and thank you :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    I understand you! Honestly it's all about taking it step by step. You can't become a devoted Muslim overnight- it just won't work like that. You could start off by praying once a day and then gradually increase it.
    I probably need to do this too, my heart feels so heavy whenever I remember that I don't pray anymore
    I might try it, it could help. And aww I do feel your pain, although I would never leave the religion despite my feelings.

On another note, did anyone see Murdered by my Father?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by aamirac)
    You're welcome and thank you :lol:
    No problem. You resorted the harmony in the thread..

ReputationRep:
    I might try it, it could help. And aww I do feel your pain, although I would never leave the religion despite my feelings.

Give it a go and tell me if it's worked for you I'll do the same and we can make progress together

If it's of any use, I've seen murdered by my boyfriend (although it was a few years back so I can't remember a lot of it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahsin360)
    One thing is for sure ... Islam is beautiful. Most religions are, the problem is the way it is presented . Most parents feel it works best to scare us with religion (which I never liked but it works for some people). Personally I find the way of life and (correct) moralities of religion very very beneficial and easy to accept.
    Wise words !

ReputationRep:
    Somewhat, I suppose. I barely pray the conventional way (which is nothing to boast about) and eat non-halal food from time to time.

I genuinely am working on changing, though. There are a few things I need to get my head around, or figure out. I've never been one to commit to a thing unless I'm sure it's what I want. I feel as though I can truly become a Muslim when I analyse and understand its beauty word for word. That is the day I'll proudly say that I'm a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciously)
    One of the reasons why I am on the verge of leaving
    One of the reasons why I left

No problem. You resorted the harmony in the thread..
    If you say so!

-----

I saw Murdered By my Father! :eek:. Quite thought provoking for sure :holmes:

ReputationRep:

I watched it the other day, my initial thoughts were that it would be an inaccurate show based on sweeping generalizations, however they addressed a very real and serious problem.. and they did it pretty well imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciously)
    They are of course different versions of Islam. Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya etc. However Sunni Islam ( the sect I belong to ) is so intolerant and vile in so many ways. i have done my research about the other sects. I researched about Sufi and Ahamdiyya. Ahmadiyya is definiety the best one, however when I learned about Sikhism, I just fell in love with the religion. I just wanna convert.
    Why sikhism though? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't sikhs believe ALL religions are correct (including sunni Islam )?

ReputationRep:
    My mum might hit me with the shoe.
    as long as it aint high heels bruhh it aint bad

ReputationRep:
    Wonderfully free Ex Mus here. Used to be like you guys a few years back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    One of the reasons why I left
    Out of curiosity why else did you leave?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Give it a go and tell me if it's worked for you I'll do the same and we can make progress together

If it's of any use, I've seen murdered by my boyfriend (although it was a few years back so I can't remember a lot of it).
    Aw I will do and you should see Murdered by my Father as it is so sad but realistic.

(Original post by aamirac)
    If you say so!

-----

I saw Murdered By my Father! :eek:. Quite thought provoking for sure :holmes:
    It is really sad but I think they did an amazing job of writing itm

(Original post by confusedkid1997)
    I watched it the other day, my initial thoughts were that it would be an inaccurate show based on sweeping generalizations, however they addressed a very real and serious problem.. and they did it pretty well imo.
    I know and I think it highlighted key issues hitting home and a lot of people now understand these situations..

(Original post by MevMev)
    as long as it aint high heels bruhh it aint bad
    My mum don't wear high heels lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Why sikhism though? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't sikhs believe ALL religions are correct (including sunni Islam )?
    They believe that members of religion can have a direct connection to God, basically in short. Sunni Islam is vile and disgusting.

ISIS= Sunni Islam

ReputationRep:
    i think the fact that many of you are asking questions about your religion is a great thing, better than just blindly accepting a faith or its teachings. regardless of which religion you choose to follow (if any) youll always have doubts. the muslim community tends to have figures that portray themselves as perfect, and us being muslims teens tend to feel as if we are 'bad' muslims in comparison to them when in reality we know nothing about there private lives, or there intentions.
    i think its best to just do your own thing, i believe in one god and his final messenger.. that makes me muslim, have i had days, or even weeks where i forget prayer and question my belief? yes but each time my imaan grows as a result. i wish you guys all the best with exams and all the good stuff :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Sikh scripture says dont call Quran false

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.