Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any Desi people who disagree with the Indian-Pak partition ? watch

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice to make it easier to access my own history but it would never happen :sad:

No more Hindustan.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistani here
    Obv I love my country (maybe more than the UK) but I love India too, a lot of my second cousins, uncles and aunts etc are Indian, and even though I've never met them, they seem like great people

I think the partition was acc necessary, and at some point it would've happened, there would be a lot of bloodshed no matter when it happened. Plus I'd have had to tell people I'm from Bihar/UP and according to my Indian friends that's not always something to be proud of

And if it wasn't for the Kashmir problem, right now we'd all be OK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Haha aww we all should appreciate all South Asian cultures..we actually have more in common than differences.
    We should, that sub-continent is so vast and diverse the cultures should all be celebrated not ignored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amalick1029)
    Pakistani here
    Obv I love my country (maybe more than the UK) but I love India too, a lot of my second cousins, uncles and aunts etc are Indian, and even though I've never met them, they seem like great people

I think the partition was acc necessary, and at some point it would've happened, there would be a lot of bloodshed no matter when it happened. Plus I'd have had to tell people I'm from Bihar/UP and according to my Indian friends that's not always something to be proud of

And if it wasn't for the Kashmir problem, right now we'd all be OK
    Why ?

Bhojpuri songs are amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    We should, that sub-continent is so vast and diverse the cultures should all be celebrated not ignored.
    I've celebrated Diwali before, in my friend's family they sing a prayer to the god (I think it's Ganesh?) then they throw rice at the shrine (I didn't do all that of course) and eat amazing mitthai then epic fireworks at the end. I have a couple Sikh friends who celebrate Eid too

Hoping someone invites me to a Holi party as well, it seems so live

ReputationRep:
    I certainly agree on that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciously)
    Why ?

Bhojpuri songs are amazing

nucdev Bhao!! It's bhojpuri
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Derailing this thread with the National Anthems now :lol:

India - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6BXV9Gvjc

Pakistan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-JtVTTMU2A

Bangladesh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVjbVPFeo2o
    Spoiler:
    Show
    BrokenLife My dad was singing the Pakistani National Anthem the other day :lol: He likes it
    Love our anthem! :love: :love: :love:

And I guess this is my favourite rendition of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1pQSRQgrpk

Haven't heard the Pakistani anthem yet :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    If Pakistan didn't split from India I would have no one to laugh at during the cricket world cup :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amalick1029)
    I've celebrated Diwali before, in my friend's family they sing a prayer to the god (I think it's Ganesh?) then they throw rice at the shrine (I didn't do all that of course) and eat amazing mitthai then epic fireworks at the end. I have a couple Sikh friends who celebrate Eid too

Hoping someone invites me to a Holi party as well, it seems so live
    Depends what statue they had there. If it was the elephant faced one, then yes it was Ganesh.
    And yes, you must go to a Holi festival, they're so much fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    If Pakistan didn't split from India I would have no one to laugh at during the cricket world cup :hand:
    Yeah you're right and if Pakistan didn't split from India, I wouldn't have anyone to laugh at after them failing at semi finals after doing 'Kohli, Kohli, Kohli'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

And I guess this is my favourite rendition of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1pQSRQgrpk

PRSOM!

I love our anthem too

And you better listen to Quami Tarana soon :lol:

ReputationRep:
    As a British Pakistani, IDGAF. Partition happened for various reasons but none of them have affected my generation or my relationships with Indian people. I still have more Indian friends than Pakistani friends, I embrace Indian culture and I have relatives on both sides of the border. Anyone who believes in this stupid misguided idea that Indians and Pakistanis should hate each other is an idiot. They have been separate countries for nearly 70 years now and a lot of effort has been made from both sides for them to get along better. Yes it was a tragic time for India but that's all behind us now, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Laugh at England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Yeah you're right and if Pakistan didn't split from India, I wouldn't have anyone to laugh at after them failing at semi finals after doing 'Kohli, Kohli, Kohli'
    Shhhh always with the little details but forgetting the bigger picture :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

I remember standing up for India anthem out of respect while watching the match and all the Pakistanis stood up to show respect

And, excuse me, you better listen to 'Pak sar zameen shaad baad' soon:flute::love:

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM!

I love our anthem too

And you better listen to Quami Tarana soon :lol:
    Haha omg the last part! I love you so much!
    Shhhh always with the little details but forgetting the bigger picture :naughty:
    That is the biggest picture that India lost

haha omg I'm so evil..but

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Laugh at England
    I do that anyway tbh (not just in cricket)

ReputationRep:
    No such thing as Pakistani or Indian culture. We share the same culture. Lets be honest. When it comes food, marriage system (Dahej, Saas Bahu Rishta), Language, Dance. Clothing, Desi parents mentality :erm:, and corruption within Politcs. It is all the same

ReputationRep:
    However Pakistan is at a crappy place because of Sunni Islam (extremism) whereas India is secular.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.