Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Spiders and creepy crawlies watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Sort off. No qualms picking one up and putting it outside but if one surprises me or starts running up my duvet (Which once happened) i poop my pantalons

If i lived in hot country with biting ones, i dont think i could go in the garage or do gardening lol
    What did you do when it ran up your duvet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What did you do when it ran up your duvet?
    I really carefully but quickly slid out from under the duvet away from where it was running. It was running up towards my chest from my legs (Had the tv on and thats how i saw it)

Quickly turned the big light, poured my cup of water out the window and scooped it into the glass lol. Stressful

I'm aware it's irrational, but spiders are one of my biggest fears. Even the word is just ... no.

I don't kill spiders because I can't even get near them enough to be able to kill them. I have nightmares that I'm made to come into contact with a spider/s somehow.

Not for me. Just no.

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    :lol:

Is this the one you're talking about?

Spoiler:
    Show

I remember this. The moment I discovered Indetermy had a dark side.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spiders terrify me. I wish they didn't because most are harmless and I feel really sorry for them as people just squish them all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I'm aware it's irrational, but spiders are one of my biggest fears. Even the word is just ... no.

I don't kill spiders because I can't even get near them enough to be able to kill them. I have nightmares that I'm made to come into contact with a spider/s somehow.

Not for me. Just no.

I remember this. The moment I discovered Indetermy had a dark side.
    :console:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I've held a Tarantula, it was alright.

I can't even stand looking at Daddy longlegs. Vulgar creatures.

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    :console:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's a hand in the spoiler I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee;[url="tel:64023761")
    64023761[/url]]Are you scared of them?

I really freak out if I see a large one(spiders),I don't even know why and this one time I saw a Centipede,I just felt so shaken.
    i got arachnophobia

ReputationRep:
    I would never even have the confidence to put my hands near it
    although spiders are not insects they are pretty similar.... bees are insects so why don't you feel the love for Mr 8 Legs ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Spiders are my bros. It's flies that annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more scared of these than spiders

I even get scared of little mice, like ones on London underground :ahhhhh: Yet I could hold a pet rat in my hands and let it go next to my neck :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Currently sat in a rickety old shed with one or two large spiders for company e.g. overhead (cleaned the place out t'other day and spotted 'em)

Not scared of owt, as such, but not overly keen on things crawling on me, and what we were told growing up is not true, they do bite!

House/garden spiders are pretty harmless but you want to avoid false widows - not as poisonous as black widows but they can kill/seriously injure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    although spiders are not insects they are pretty similar.... bees are insects so why don't you feel the love for Mr 8 Legs ?

:holmes:
    Because they're just scary looking and they bite too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Currently sat in a rickety old shed with one or two large spiders for company e.g. overhead (cleaned the place out t'other day and spotted 'em)

Not scared of owt, as such, but not overly keen on things crawling on me, and what we were told growing up is not true, they do bite!

House/garden spiders are pretty harmless but you want to avoid false widows - not as poisonous as black widows but they can kill/seriously injure
    That makes me extra cautious of spiders now! I've never seen a false widow spider before and never hope to come across one!

ReputationRep:
    Because they're just scary looking and they bite too
    bee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bee:

ReputationRep:
    bee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bee:
    Yes,mister bear?

ReputationRep:
    Yes,mister bear?
    ermm hello

ReputationRep:
    ermm hello
    Hello,bear! How're you? Did you miss me or something? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Hello,bear! How're you? Did you miss me or something? :curious:
    ermm i have been very busy :flute:

i have opened a new consultation Cave and have already helped numerous members with a variety of problems.
    the Cave offers practical help in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    ermm i have been very busy :flute:

i have opened a new consultation Cave and have already helped numerous members with a variety of problems.
    the Cave offers practical help in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
    So you're also a therapist eh

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.