Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should employers be required by law to provide a sick room and subsidised restaurant? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Should employers be required by law to provide a sick room and subsidised restaurant?
    :yep:
    8.70%
    :nah:
    52.17%
    I wish. :moon:
    30.43%
    Undecided.
    8.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Yes, because nothing fosters togetherness and a feeling of team spirit like going to work and being waited on subserviently by fellow employees of the same company. Oh wait, that would be kinda weird and unsettling.

In all seriousness, why?! If you're sick, don't go into work. If you're sick and choose to go to work, then you made that decision yourself and you should still be working at work. If you get sick at work, either choose to continue working or go home.

P.S. Running a restaurant costs a lot of money. Oh, and who waits on the waiters whilst they're having their breaks?
    The waiters wait on each other. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger-Smith)
    The waiters wait on each other. :rofl:
    That would be tremendous! Haha

ReputationRep:
    I wish my workplace had a waiter service restaurant - the vending machines we have are abysmal at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Yes, because nothing fosters togetherness and a feeling of team spirit like going to work and being waited on subserviently by fellow employees of the same company. Oh wait, that would be kinda weird and unsettling.

In all seriousness, why?! If you're sick, don't go into work. If you're sick and choose to go to work, then you made that decision yourself and you should still be working at work. If you get sick at work, either choose to continue working or go home.

P.S. Running a restaurant costs a lot of money. Oh, and who waits on the waiters whilst they're having their breaks?
    But why would it be, though? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    i personally have a couple of stances Roger-Smith on this my first is that for large company that yes something should be in place for this such as apple or google or microsoft for instance but say when my company which other than me would have maybe 5 people i know where i am looking at as a location and there are a couple of decent local restaurants.
    i would from a business perspective just have either a petty cash system (here's £10 go and have lunch) or an expense system in which they have to file the costs to be reimbursed of which the first has advantages as it would be less paperwork but they could just buy a £3 meal deal and pocket £7 a day which soon adds up to a lot(£35 a week, £140 a month, £1,680 a year) the second has a better advantage as whilst it would be more paperwork you would save overall as the costs would be on the receipts and would work better in the case of say taking a client out to lunch you might spend £50-£100 but it could close a £10,000-£20,000 deal so that cost is very little in relation to the return
    as for a sick room i'd swap the roles so i'd take over on the sales floor if its one of my floor staff and let them have my office then let them have the following day off if they wish too
    I wish someone at anywhere I'd worked at had taken me somewhere for lunch. :sadnod:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.