Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do Muslims do on Freshers Week??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Get in with some mature students like me, they tend to be past the stage of rebelling against their parents and getting drunk and high to prove how insanely cool they are
    Most people don't drink to rebel against their parents, what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The three reps I got from (as far as I know) Muslim members tell me otherwise.
    :hmmm:
    They did that to show love

ReputationRep:
    Muslims have freshies week instead where they show the international kids around campus.

(Original post by Al-farhan)
    :hmmm:
    They did that to show love
    If you say so, Sheikh al-Farhan. :adore:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's at four reps now. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Most people don't drink to rebel against their parents, what?
    Uni freshers who've just begun to taste their first drop of "freedom" do, in my experience
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    I mean, I want to have friends too and not seem like some loner. Also it'll be hard studying for my course when everyone else is being loud and playing music.
    Whenever you want to study, you can do so at the library. It's a good routine to get used to and it will be much more peaceful - try to make the most of this - you can also take your laptop, tablet etc. with you for charging and free WiFi. If your friends are doing the same course, chances are you'll eventually end up having study sessions together at the library as well.

Check out the societies that are available to you. Many will organise various group activities and sessions. There's also going to be plenty of ongoing events, presentations, debates etc. by some prominent people if you're lucky to happen across these.

There's actually quite a lot to explore and do, it's not all about partying and getting drunk. Just be open and willing, and you'll find out for yourself what I mean. There will definitely be like-minded individuals that you can relate with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    Your going to have to convert if you want a hijabi, theres no way any are going to go with a non muslim as it means losing their family
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Uni freshers who've just begun to taste their first drop of "freedom" do, in my experience
    Most kids I know drank whilst in secondary school, not even the 'cool' kids like literally the vast majority of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Most kids I know drank whilst in secondary school, not even the 'cool' kids like literally the vast majority of people.
    Meh, maybe I'm just thinking about all the sheltered middle class kiddies
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Most Muslims join the university ISOC, some of them use being away from home as a chance to rebel and start drinking and losing their virginity. Just be careful of the types of Muslims you'll be around, some of them will be liberal and do what you are against of.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RobML)
    Meh, maybe I'm just thinking about all the sheltered middle class kiddies
    Why are middle class kids sheltered? I would think since they are so rich, they wouldn't be sheltered and people would literally queue to be their friends. But you also hear all sorts at private schools where boys and girls get rowdy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I guess we can take a break from Islam for a day and try a little sip right?
    Lol yeah as long as we say Bismillah 😂

Oh my god I think I'm almost definitely going into private accommodation now. Thanks!
    you sound so boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    you sound so boring
    Well yeah if you call not destroying my liver or education and sticking to my beliefs boring. I'm boring 😊👍

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah if you call not destroying my liver or education and sticking to my beliefs boring. I'm boring 😊👍
    slayyy

lool we're both "boring" yayaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) not everyone who drinks or takes drugs destroys their education, blatantly false. literally anyone can see how false that is.
    2) you're boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    1) not everyone who drinks or takes drugs destroys their education, blatantly false. literally anyone can see how false that is.
    2) you're boring
    1) Who said I was talking about alcohol and drugs when talking about destroying my education? Although I do assume they do have a positive correlation and probably a causal link.
    2) Cool 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Yep, us kuffar are that eager to corrupt you. We have secret meetings where we get together and plan our mischief. xD
    Lalalalalalalalala

I'm not listening to the Islamaphobic, racist, xenophobic, discriminating, fascist (and the rest) lies of the Kuffar!

ReputationRep:
    You can attend Freshers Fayre and there are usually lots of activities and events happening during the day which don't involve alcohol. Your university should have a schedule with all of the Freshers events.

(Original post by champ_mc99)
    Lalalalalalalalala

I'm not listening to the Islamaphobic, racist, xenophobic, discriminating, fascist (and the rest) lies of the Kuffar!
    Well, at least you capitalised the K in kuffar. Much appreciated.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.