Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the worst injury/illness you have had? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid in the children's home, one of the nuns shut my hand in the door hinge because I played a wrong note on the violin. Left the top of my finger hanging off. Still gives me the shudders 60 years on.

ReputationRep:
    Mentally: depression, social anxiety + BPD
    Physically: not an injury but I had to have an operation to remove a chunk of my femur when I was 15

ReputationRep:
    I once had a really bad paper cut, it stung for days after that.

Jk for real it was probably the time I dropped a dinner plate on my toe and it bruised pretty badly, had to go to the hospital and everything. Couldn't walk properly for a few weeks. Not really serious tbh, I'm pretty fortunate that I haven't broke any bones in my life or had any noteworthy illnesses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    I once had a really bad paper cut, it stung for days after that.

Jk for real it was probably the time I dropped a dinner plate on my toe and it bruised pretty badly, had to go to the hospital and everything. Couldn't walk properly for a few weeks. Not really serious tbh, I'm pretty fortunate that I haven't broke any bones in my life or had any noteworthy illnesses.

EDIT: oh yeah I totally forgot I had osgood schlatters for years and it prevented me from playing football and doing PE sometimes, anyone who has had it will know it's annoying asf but it wasn't too painful, but because it lasted like 2 years I'd put it in front of the previous one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    broken both arm and metatarsal bone alongwith femur fracture...

ReputationRep:
    Illness: Had tonsilitis and thought I was dying of meningitis (this was this year and I'm not vaccinated against meningitis). Or when I caught a virus when I was little and didn't eat for a week.

Injury: I had an accident with boiling water when I was little and still have a scar on my leg. However, I don't remember this. So it's probably when I sprained/fractured my neck (never went to hospital) when I was younger.

ReputationRep:
    Femeroacetabular impingement and osteoarthritis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading this thread and realising that so many people here have had and do have injuries and illnesses which have affected them throughout their lives, really puts things into perspective for me. Although I'm 68, I look back on my life, especially as a kid and realise that I'm not 'the only one', but at the time I thought I was.
    Wisdom and perspective does increase with age. X

Broke my 5th metatarsal 5 weeks ago and being on a cast was difficult. Developing peptic ulcer was horrible too.*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.