Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need to do a **** ton of work - what album should I listen to? Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Modern Vampires of the City. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I find that R&B usually helps me concentrate - I like to have some words but nothing 'overpowering' if that makes sense
    Recently, I have been listening to Zayn's album (Mine of Mine) for revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I feel like when I have a full playlist I can let it go and play and I don't know the lyrics so I can't sing along either, and it helps me get work done.

What's your favourite album/ artist to listen to (when you wanna chill or do work)?
    Pink floyd - Dark side of the moon (its not really for doing "work" but I do it.
    Eminem - Recovery
    Immortal technique - Revolutionary volume 2
    Nas and damian marley - Distant relatives

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    Pink floyd - Dark side of the moon (its not really for doing "work" but I do it.
    Eminem - Recovery
    Immortal technique - Revolutionary volume 2
    Nas and damian marley - Distant relatives
    weed music 101
    i love it doe

will check em out!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Anything from Kygo or Ludovico Einaudi. Soothing stuff.

(Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Bonobo - The Northern Borders. No lyrics, just instrumental music.
    Not from The Northern Borders but I love the way Prelude and Kiara from Black Sands fit together so perfectly.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by z33)
    I feel like when I have a full playlist I can let it go and play and I don't know the lyrics so I can't sing along either, and it helps me get work done.

What's your favourite album/ artist to listen to (when you wanna chill or do work)?
    Try the Dixie Chicks - it's not the type of music you or I'd normally listen to but it's easy-listening and won't distract you. I usually listen to their YT most popular playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C0Q...SMvgTm-BdX0HOw

There's also Enya or Clannad, which nobody can hate - it's really calm, chilled out good music.
    Steve Hughes said "How can you hate Enya? It's like silence coloured in! Like looking at a flower opening and going 'that's disgusting'."

I highly recommend the last two, especially Clannad, they've produced several theme tunes for films and TV like Last of the Mohicans and Robin of Sherwood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    weed music 101
    i love it doe

will check em out!
    acid, weed, shrooms wateva floots ya boat manee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    Yes there is nothing more chilled than this (:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Not from The Northern Borders but I love the way Prelude and Kiara from Black Sands fit together so perfectly.
    I'm glad people appreciate his music! Black Sands is a really nice album as well.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try looking up mixes of stuff you like on YouTube. So if you like Deep House then look up "deep house mix" on there and you'll probably find a video that has like an hour long mix.

ReputationRep:
    Miguel - Wildheart

Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    i loved it esp monster cat stuff
    o.o nice

ReputationRep:

:devil3:

ReputationRep:
    MCR. Just. MCR. Preferably Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Or Muse, actually muse is better because a lot of their work is instrumental and not lyrical, especially when lyrically its mostly mumbling hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulAtre1des)
    Radiohead - Kid A

Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-Englar or Takk

Faunts - M4

4 pretty chilled out albums without much lyrics, and Sigur Ros sing in Icelandic so I doubt you'll pick up their lyrics in a hurry.
    Came in to post this.

ReputationRep:
    I usually listen to my Muse playlist. I know I like their music and there aren't a lot of lyrics so it's easy to do work at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

Friendly Fires - PALA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.