Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls dating older guys - Damaged? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    you assume to much and don't trust that young people aren't all the same

understood but what if a young guy, not as old as 35 or something, wants to date you and doesn't go out a lot?
    I'm not assuming anything. Where did I say I wouldn't go out with someone my age? I'm not against it, just in my experience I usually have more in common/get on better with slightly older men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice__90)
    I'm not assuming anything. Where did I say I wouldn't go out with someone my age? I'm not against it, just in my experience I usually have more in common/get on better with slightly older men.
    oops

well then... i may have made a mistake

ReputationRep:
    oops

well then... i may have made a mistake

ReputationRep:
    Older = more experienced = better sex.

Same reason why I like older women.

ReputationRep:
    7 year age difference between me and my girlfriend, woopsiedoodle, shoulda known she was damaged, my bad I'll go tell her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad Beta)
    I see as many guys going for married chiks
    Same applies to them, they must be fundamentally dysfunctional in some way.

ReputationRep:
    you assume to much and don't trust that young people aren't all the same

understood but what if a young guy, not as old as 35 or something, wants to date you and doesn't go out a lot?
    this

ReputationRep:
    I have been out with several older guys, I don't prefer them I just happen to attract older men. I find them however in my experience quite controlling and possessive. I don't like it when they impose their opinion on me. When we have disagreements I find them to be exceptionally condescending and treat me like a kid. I prefer now guys who are my age, still developing because they're less likely to be stubborn and picky like *some* older men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosyPearl)
    I have been out with several older guys, I don't prefer them I just happen to attract older men. I find them however in my experience quite controlling and possessive. I don't like it when they impose their opinion on me. When we have disagreements I find them to be exceptionally condescending and treat me like a kid. I prefer now guys who are my age, still developing because they're less likely to be stubborn and picky like *some* older men.
    I know guys in their 30s who go for 17 to 21 yr olds.. they seem controlling yes and abusive almost :eek:

have you met any older guys who are ok?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.