Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the mark scheme for the unit 1 specimen paper? I can't find it online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limbogen)
    What does everyone think the essay questions will be on this year?
    Last year it was: advertising, holidays and friendships.
    2014 it was marriage, fashion, internet
    2013 it was diet, fashion, family
    So television, sport, cinema and technology havent been asked in a while so they could be possibilities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwennlebihan)
    Does anyone have the mark scheme for the unit 1 specimen paper? I can't find it online
    There's a specimen paper?!?!?!?!

Can I have the link please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoMilkSheikh)

y yo por favor

ReputationRep:
    TBH they practically always choose a theme from topic 1 (medios de communicación) and last year it was advertising, there has also been so much tv so i believe 1 of the questions will be on technology, plus its such a relatable theme and they could focus on social media or something because for the speaking cards they focussed on twitter etc so but as for the other 2 possible titles i dont know. I dont remember seeing one on health for a while though...

ReputationRep:
    To anyone doing AS for the first time I'd defo recommend resitting in year 13, Spanish has improved a lot at A2 so when doing AS papers if I get a question wrong it's normally because I find something vague like in the V,F and N section not because I don't understand the Spanish:') As for the essay questions hoping technology tbh Would do health depending on question and sport would be a last resort if it did come up, not my strong point

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicts and always gets at least one right. The way they do the essay questions, one will probably be either television, internet or cinema. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

My teacher gave me a paper copy of the specimen paper so I don't have the link, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwennlebihan)
    My teacher gave me a paper copy of the specimen paper so I don't have the link, sorry
    Oh I have done it. It's fairly easy, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher thinks that it will be on alcohol which hasn't come up yet in Spanish but it is has in German and French or he thinks it will be about why British people like going to Spain on holiday. We are the last year to do AS on this specification so I think there is a big chance that Alcohol will come up - but that's the thing, it could be on ANYTHING!!!!

ReputationRep:
    omg i hope technology does not come up I have not revised it!! Or Cinema!! AHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadmanhan)
    omg i hope technology does not come up I have not revised it!! Or Cinema!! AHHHH
    If the benefits of sport for young people comes up lads I think I will have a fit, it's my most favourite essay to do!! omg this is so stressful, its so unfair because if you mess up the essay you are completely screwed! ;_;

ReputationRep:
    Oh I have done it. It's fairly easy, isn't it?
    What was the paper like, can you give us a reveiw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadmanhan)
    What was the paper like, can you give us a reveiw?
    Super easy. I'm not saying it from a cocky aspect, but compared to actual papers I've done it was really easy! I wouldn't recommend wasting your time looking for it and doing it as it is too easy.

ReputationRep:
    Are all AS levels spanish Unit 1 papers all done on the same day for pupils around the country?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/langu...ment-resources

ReputationRep:
    Bit odd but does anyone have a specific order in which they do the paper?

My teacher recommends essay first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queenie_Lamb)
    Bit odd but does anyone have a specific order in which they do the paper?

My teacher recommends essay first
    Ooo I usually do the reading first, did your teacher say why they recommending doing the essay first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joodaa)
    Ooo I usually do the reading first, did your teacher say why they recommending doing the essay first?
    No, think it was just her personal preference, I just wanted to know if it was the norm to do it in that order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queenie_Lamb)
    No, think it was just her personal preference, I just wanted to know if it was the norm to do it in that order
    It all really depends on which parts you need to focus on more. The essay part seems to be the hardest for some while others struggle with reading and listening, but its probably better to just do it in the order the exam goes and just make sure you don't go over the time limit for each section.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.