Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you had to vote in an election today... watch

• View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
    Conservatives
    29.14%
    Labour
    28.48%
    Lib Dems
    11.92%
    Greens
    7.28%
    UKIP
    12.58%
    Plaid
    0.66%
    SNP
    3.97%
    Other/None of the above
    5.96%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    There are a few red tories in government, Gove is probably left of Cameron, as Ruth Davidson, IDS and BoJo probably are too. Heidi Allen is someone I admire so greatly though, that I think she would make an excellent leader one day.
    There's nothing moderate about IDS, he's a horribly incompetent man.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    I actually am voting in a somewhat important election -- the Welsh Assembly election -- in a few weeks' time. :holmes: Will probably vote for the Liberal Democrat candidate in my constituency, more as a vote against Labour than anything, but I'm undecided on who to vote for using the second vote, which is used to allocate a third of the seats proportionally.
    Welsh elections look interesting although skewed at the constituency level by Ukip being nowhere in 2011. It looks like Plaid and the Tories will pick up any marginals they have with Labour based on polling and a universal swing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    There's nothing moderate about IDS, he's a horribly incompetent man.
    Wasn't he considered a Red Tory?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I'll use the results at 11:45 and then I'll release some stuff at midday.

ReputationRep:
    I support Sanders too.
    Why Sanders over say Kasich?

(Original post by Hydeman)
    I'm neither a Liberal nor a Tory, although I'm probably closer to the former. I've no party affiliation. As I said, I'm voting for the Liberal Democrat candidate in my constituency mainly as a vote against Labour (Assembly constituencies elect members using FPTP) rather than to express any actual allegiance to the Lib Dem cause.

As far as Clinton and the 2016 Republican candidates are concerned, I think that it's fairly self-evident to anyone who knows me why I don't support any of them.

You're not the first left-wing person on TSR to mistake me for a Tory, either. :holmes:
    In fairness i had you pegged as right of center too.

ReputationRep:
    6 people green??

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the candidate. I'd be quite happy voting for a tory that I liked- e.g Dominic Grieve. If I had no way of knowing then- labour or lib dem (Which ever had the greatest chance of winning.)

ReputationRep:
    There are a few red tories in government, Gove is probably left of Cameron, as Ruth Davidson, IDS and BoJo probably are too. Heidi Allen is someone I admire so greatly though, that I think she would make an excellent leader one day.
    U wot m8

Boris is way to the right of Cameron. IDS a loopy, incompetent. Both are scheming opportunists that make Cameron look principled in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Any votes after 11:45 have NOT been counted. If you would like to see the info thing I've created, please message me.

I will release it onto the forum after the TSR election has ended and we are awaiting the results.

Please bear in mind I am not a statistician or a political scientist, so take the info thing with a pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    Plaid Cymru because we need a change in Wales, and Labour seem to be too comfortable/laid back

ReputationRep:
    There had to be a late surge towards the Conservatives AFTER 11:45 didn't there...

Oh well

ReputationRep:
    UKIP. I'm a proud Kipper and a proud native. In the absence of our own Trump or Putin, only Farage can save our country now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Tactical voting.
    Aye. If I lived in a lib dem- tory marginal I would vote lib dem, if I lived in Brighton, green, otherwise probably labour.

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    UKIP. I'm a proud Kipper and a proud native. In the absence of our own Trump or Putin, only Farage can save our country now.
    What do you make of UKIP's stance on climate change, given that you're a chemical physicist? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Hear Hear. TSR UKIP is the way forward!

(Original post by LunaLovegood2508)
    Plaid Cymru because we need a change in Wales, and Labour seem to be too comfortable/laid back
    Not all change is good change. :rolleyes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    None. They're all slimy
    In fairness the Greens aren't slimy.

They're just useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    In fairness the Greens aren't slimy.

They're just useless.
    3/4s of waste is not recycled on the Green controlled Brighton council.

Just to prove your point.

ReputationRep:
    SNP, since the Smith Comission has not been delivered in full and I'm currently satisfied with their governance. Although I would like to see a plan of higher taxes in the future to fund our public services, a promise to ban fracking after the momuratium and clarification of the £10 billion pound trade deal with China.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jamestg)
    3/4s of waste is not recycled on the Green controlled Brighton council.

Just to prove your point.
    Jesus.

I thought they were useless but I didn't know they were beyond saving

In fairness even if they did get their act together, nobody really listens to their leader. She could walk around Parliament naked and nobody would notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Jesus.

I thought they were useless but I didn't know they were beyond saving

In fairness even if they did get their act together, nobody really listens to their leader. She could walk around Parliament naked and nobody would notice.
    Hahahahaha agreed

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.