Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I was seeing this guy who asked me out on a date and we got along REALLY well, we would laugh all of the time and we just clicked. I was always very sweet to him and he said I was funny. But then he told me that he wasn't looking for a relationship and that he wasn't attracted to me, that he felt no romantic attraction towards me. I'm really not an arrogant person at all and I'm so sorry if it comes across that way, but people compliment me a lot everyday and I used to model.

So barely 2 weeks later he gets a new girlfriend, and I'm so sorry for what I'm about to say [I'm usually not mean like this ] but she's not conventionally.... gorgeous. I know people are going to say 'well her personality is obviously better than yours she's probably nicer' but I am a nice person and I'm sure she is too.

It's just the reason why I'm hurt is because he gave his reason for not wanting a relationship with me as not being attracted to me but literally everyone says that I'm far prettier than her.

So why did he lie about not wanting a relationship? And if looks were so important to him, why did he choose a girl that is not that pretty? I know 'beauty's in the eye of the beholder' but honestly this is on a conventional basis.

I really really apologise if I came across as horrible, vain or mean in this and I'm sorry for being nasty. I'm usually not like this Please forgive me x
    You was a model you say, I think it would be safe to say he was intimidated by that fact.
    If I was a guy, I wouldn't want a gf as a model. Would I want other guys looking at my girl? No
    Would I want to be scared this MODEL will leave me? No
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Shouldn't have chose to be a model. ....lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm also very regularly complimented on my looks, but I'd be incredibly naive to think that every woman or gay man will fancy me based on that. Everyone has different ideas of what they find attractive.

(Original post by Biryani007)
    Of course...supermodels, compared to most people, win every time...

I doubt both OP and the other girl are on either end of the scale...for people that lie somewhere around the middle it does become subjective..

Also, attraction includes how you smile, walk, talk, etc...it's not just based on the features on your face.
    OP said in the first post that she was a model and in a later post that this guy's new gf is fat? Sounds like they're on opposite ends of the scale to me

ReputationRep:
    OP said in the first post that she was a model and in a later post that this guy's new gf is fat? Sounds like they're on opposite ends of the scale to me
    Maybe he likes bigger girls?

Why on earth would he be with a girl he found unattractive?!

Or maybe she isn't fat and OP isnt a model :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Different strokes for different folks.

Random example, Megan Fox and Rachel Hurd-Wood. I'd choose Rachel every time, but many many people would choose Megan Fox. Would Megan Fox feel like you OP and ponder why some don't? Possibly.

ReputationRep:
    Idk, 8 of my guy friends said that she is a 2 or 3 at a push so....

She's really overweight and pale with greasy hair and her face is just not...pretty. This girl has been called ugly by people for years. I'm blonde blue eyed and a slim hourglass. I don't usually criticise people's looks yet there's people in this thread saying that she must be better looking than me but I wish I could post pics, obviously I should respect her privacy so I won't, but if I posted pics you would definitely see that's not the case..
    Okay. But maybe then its not based on looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    pics..

ReputationRep:
    I expect she wasn't whinny and entitled.

ReputationRep:
    Idk, 8 of my guy friendssaid that she is a 2 or 3 at a push so....

She's really overweight and pale with greasy hair and her face is just not...pretty. This girl has been called ugly by people for years. I'm blonde blue eyed and a slim hourglass. I don't usually criticise people's looks yet there's people in this thread saying that she must be better looking than me but I wish I could post pics, obviously I should respect her privacy so I won't, but if I posted pics you would definitely see that's not the case..

You seem to have a lot of guy friends.
    You are an attractive girl spending lots of time with dudes, in my experience when an attractive girl has lots of male friends often some of the male's are only your friend cause they hope it will develop into more. I've dated girls with lots of guy friends before and they kept hitting on her, I think she was so accustomed to it that she didn't really class it as that. IMO an attractive girl with lots of male friends is a big red flag and carries a significant risk of one getting cucked at some point. This would and does weigh into my decision to want to pursue her, he may have considered this also when deciding to go with the other girl.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he didn't feel the spark? Honestly move on and find yourself a guy who admires your beauty.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever considered she may actually be prettier than you?

(Original post by Profesh)
    Whether the particular trait which, by societal decree, you most prize in yourself is brains or beauty, when that fortuitous product of happenstance has been encouraged over time to form a central pillar of your self-belief in competitive interactions, one would be hard-pressed upon experiencing such an unrecognisable (and seemingly, unaccountable) setback as the OP relates not to suffer some momentary crisis of confidence, and to try to rationalise that failure with reference to prior, inculcated modes of thought.

The only "jealous and bitter" tone I detect here emanates from your ridiculously self-righteous, vindictive and unwarranted character-assassination: so until you can stop projecting, I'd perhaps suggest you refrain from participation in threads which require a remotely nuanced understanding of the human psyche, because I personally find your lack of empathy to be far more indicative of narcissism than any position thus far asserted by the author of this thread.
    OP just called the other girl fat and greasy. yeah she's not bitter at all...

ReputationRep:
    OP just called the other girl fat and greasy. yeah she's not bitter at all...
    Would you have rather 'corpulent and oleaginous', or 'adipose and sebaceously-challenged'? 'Fat' and 'greasy' are both perfectly legitimate descriptors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    You seem to have a lot of guy friends.
    You are an attractive girl spending lots of time with dudes, in my experience when an attractive girl has lots of male friends often some of the male's are only your friend cause they hope it will develop into more. I've dated girls with lots of guy friends before and they kept hitting on her, I think she was so accustomed to it that she didn't really class it as that. IMO an attractive girl with lots of male friends is a big red flag and carries a significant risk of one getting cucked at some point. This would and does weigh into my decision to want to pursue her, he may have considered this also when deciding to go with the other girl.
    What a defeatist mentality.

Idk, 8 of my guy friends said that she is a 2 or 3 at a push so....

Why are you still going on about this, He doesn't like you. End of. You said you are a nice girl but from the way i see you boasting about your 'hourglass figure' shows how much of a jealous person you really are. Like i said 'beauty' is not all there is to a relationship! There's personality, attitude, kindness (which you seem to lack from your posts). who cares if she doesn't live up to YOUR expectations of beauty, he might like the 'overweight and pale with greasy hair' type of girls. Even if she is the ugliest person in the world she probably has a better personality than you. Stop questioning why he abandoned you and go find another guy to be your boyfriend. im sure one of your '8 guy friends' is interested in could be interested in you

ReputationRep:
    There could be a number of reasons but the fact he didn't have any romantic feelings towards you is important for pursuing a relationship. You can be the most attractive person in the world or get on well but if he doesn't have the same mutual feelings, it wouldn't work.

He has also moved on to someone very fast, which doesn't sound good, so probably a good thing not to have progressed with him.

ReputationRep:
    Also that is a nasty thing to say about someone! That they're ugly and have been told for many years. How do you think you'd feel if someone was to say that stuff about you? It's not nice and she can't help the way she looks.

ReputationRep:
    Well just because you are supposedly prettier than her does not mean he will want a relationship with you. It was a simple case of him being more attracted and having more feelings for her. I guess he felt he had a better connection with her than you, despite you being prettier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    my friends give me lots of **** on finding 'average' woman more attractive than conventionally 'hot' women
    FYI, that is because you know you have no chance with 'hot' women, so you set your targets lower.

Sad, but understandable.

ReputationRep:
    some like jalabi but some not

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.