Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    seems like they're paying a lot of money though as that and my sources show
    'A lot' is a relative term. A cost-benefit analysis needs to be done and that is impossible without concrete figures.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Conservative as in the ideology not necessarily the political party

EDIT - Title Edited
    conservative - ideology
    Conservative - party

When people say they are "small c conservative" they are saying that they hold conservative beliefs but are not affiliated with the party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    conservative - ideology
    Conservative - party

When people say they are "small c conservative" they are saying that they hold conservative beliefs but are not affiliated with the party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Title is now changed , I guess i am a conservative

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'm still not convinced you have your facts in order. The legislation you site is, rightly so, concerned with a definition of "sound, fair and of marketable quality"; this does allow for misshapen products depending on the 'class' of the product. It seems that many supermarkets just choose to sell 'Extra class' products but are in no way forced to.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Anyone who has been to Aldi would know this.

Of course, I don't expect you to change your opinion on leaving the EU based on this one factor, but saying "supermarkets cannot sell slightly misfigured fruit or vegetables" doesn't seem to be true.
    In all honesty I am no expert on this subject. If you have any definitive proof of your claim I am more than happy to say I'm wrong.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Hmm, I'm still not convinced you have your facts in order. The legislation you site is, rightly so, concerned with a definition of "sound, fair and of marketable quality"; this does allow for misshapen products depending on the 'class' of the product. It seems that many supermarkets just choose to sell 'Extra class' products but are in no way forced to.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Anyone who has been to Aldi would know this.

Of course, I don't expect you to change your opinion on leaving the EU based on this one factor, but saying "supermarkets cannot sell slightly misfigured fruit or vegetables" doesn't seem to be true.
    In all honesty I am no expert on this subject. If you have any definitive proof of your claim I am more than happy to say I'm wrong.
    This one of many reasons why i back brexit , and it ties into " red tape " why should commissioners dictate in what condition we sell our fruit and vegetable ? when we are perfectly capable of doing so ourselves ?

ReputationRep:
    This one of many reasons why i back brexit , and it ties into " red tape " why should commissioners dictate in what condition we sell our fruit and vegetable ? when we are perfectly capable of doing so ourselves ?
    Seems to me they are dictating that fruit and veg can only be sold if it is not rotting, has no pests and is free from damage from pests.
    Isn't really an issue as far as I'm concerned.

The rules are in place for the *****er countries in the EU; there's no need to take it so personally, as far as I can see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    fruit and veg can only be sold if it is not rotting, has no pests and is free from damage from pests.
    The B****rds!

So many people who want Out seem to think this guy is a valid political role model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDa505kpXO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI9gYtJXZBI

ReputationRep:
    The main " red tape issues for me are
    - Health and safety
    - EU regulations on things like Farming ,Food Quality ( I.e no slightly misfigured fruit or vegetables
    Health and safety
    I think that EU health and safety Lawes are to bureaucratic and they effect the smallest of business which most of them don't even apply to ... Obviously its there for a reason however its needs watering down for smaller business
    Misfigured fruit and vegetables
    Under EU regulations supermarkets cannot sell slightly misfigured fruit or vegetables .... Seems a waste to me .....
    Farming
    Don't know to much on farming however I understand they also have to obey by EU regulations
    The EU fat cats went ahead and banned most GM foods, despite the fact that GM foods are better for you, have higher crop yields, can be made resistant to diseases and provide a large market for consumer goods. We could have greatly reduced food prices and healthier food, but the EU idiots decided to be backwards and worse still, fearmonger about it.

There's so much more as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    must have*

smh you eurosceptics are as dumb as I thought
    smh you europhiles are dumber than you thought

I already concluded that you were dumb for wanting to stay in the EU.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  Do you need some aloe vera Cause you just got burned ~ Sheldon Cooper.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  84.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    smh you europhiles are dumber than you thought

I already concluded that you were dumb for wanting to stay in the EU.
    ahh the irony

*dumber than I thought

ReputationRep:
    ahh the irony

*dumber than I thought
    ...that is irrelevant because it's not present.

No, I was saying you are dumber than you think, not I.
    Burn!!!
    Because I already know your dumb.

ReputationRep:
    ...that is irrelevant because it's not present.

No, I was saying you are dumber than you think, not I.
    Burn!!!
    Because I already know your dumb.
    No you didn't loooool

ReputationRep:
    No you didn't loooool
    Actually, I did.

But I won't repeat myself again because I've made my point, stated the facts, and you've exemplified it quite nicely.

ReputationRep:
    - Health and safety
    - EU regulations on things like Farming ,Food Quality ( I.e no slightly misfigured fruit or vegetables
    Health and safety
    I think that EU health and safety Lawes are to bureaucratic and they effect the smallest of business which most of them don't even apply to ... Obviously its there for a reason however its needs watering down for smaller business
    Under EU regulations supermarkets cannot sell slightly misfigured fruit or vegetables .... Seems a waste to me .....
    Farming
    Don't know to much on farming however I understand they also have to obey by EU regulations
    Oh God, already we are onto the straight bananas stuff...

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I did.

But I won't repeat myself again because I've made my point, stated the facts, and you've exemplified it quite nicely.
    lmaooo you're too funny

ReputationRep:
    lmaooo you're too funny
    You're kinda cool too.

ReputationRep:
    - Health and safety
    Health and safety
    Farming
    Ahh okay let's leave the European Union so we can buy misfigured vegetables?
    That's your definition of sovereignty? Deary me.

And health and safety laws prevent accidents at work and ensure we can work in a safe environment.... How awful.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Ahh okay let's leave the European Union so we can buy misfigured vegetables?
    That's your definition of sovereignty? Deary me.

And health and safety laws prevent accidents at work and ensure we can work in a safe environment.... How awful.
    Thats ties into food regulations that are over-bureaucratic and is one of the many regulations that make up 75% of the laws the UK most follow as members of the EU

Health and safety rules made by the EU have to much red tape and they affect the smallest of businesses which is ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Thats ties into food regulations that are over-bureaucratic and is one of the many regulations that make up 75% of the laws the UK most follow as members of the EU

Health and safety rules made by the EU have to much red tape and they affect the smallest of businesses which is ridiculous
    Food regulations ensure the food we buy is of a sufficient and hygienic standard.

Health and safety laws are not red tape. Tell me exactly which eu health and safety laws you want rid of? Not general, but specific laws.

Sorry but I think people's right to work in a safe place where they are not at danger is essential.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Food regulations ensure the food we buy is of a sufficient and hygienic standard.

Health and safety laws are not red tape. Tell me exactly which eu health and safety laws you want rid of? Not general, but specific laws.

Sorry but I think people's right to work in a safe place where they are not at danger is essential.
    Yes food regulations ensure the food we buy is safe however why should it be down to the EU to make theses regulations ? surly our parliament can make theses rules ? same with health and safety , our government can make health and safety laws without the EU ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.