Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    RIP. Didn't have time to do half of section C.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone willing to do an unofficial markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    How did you do that vectors question?

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't do the vectors one but just resolved horizontally and vertically in hope for 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexM10)
    Couldn't do the vectors one but just resolved horizontally and vertically in hope for 1 mark
    What was the vectors question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Btec certified)
    What was the vectors question?
    6.5ms^-1. that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gambyte)
    6.5ms^-1. that one.
    What. I got like 8ms I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WuMyster)
    What. I got like 8ms I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the 3 marker at the bottom of the page?

ReputationRep:
    You had to show the change in magnitude of velocity was over 6ms-1

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone attempt an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else think that Centre of Mass question was absurd? It was so... qualitative. I have perspective on what moving the centre of mass down by... what, a quarter of a metre? Does to the initial mass. I just guessed it went from 90kg to 80kg. Probably way too much. I haven't a clue.

ReputationRep:
    Harder than last year do we think??

ReputationRep:
    For the 3 marker at the bottom of the page?
    The one where it was show the resultant vector is greater than 6ms. I had a long number, 8.xxxxxxx

I think I got 8 something. I definitely didn't get 6.something.

**** I messed this paper up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polyrogue)
    Did anybody else think that Centre of Mass question was absurd? It was so... qualitative. I have perspective on what moving the centre of mass down by... what, a quarter of a metre? Does to the initial mass. I just guessed it went from 90kg to 80kg. Probably way too much. I haven't a clue.
    Yeah, I assumed distance of the modern one was the 1.5m + an extra 0.2m to ensure he made it over the bar then I said the old method would be the same as the new but + about 0.1m for the difference in height of centre of mass, it was such a stupid question, not sure if that is correct.

ReputationRep:
    The one where it was show the resultant vector is greater than 6ms. I had a long number, 8.xxxxxxx

What was your method?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polyrogue)
    The mass wont change only the height does i think mine was about 150j

ReputationRep:
    Was that when you had to estimate the jumpers mass

ReputationRep:
    What was your method?
    Trigonometry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I got something like 8.3 aswell, I formed a right angle triangle by putting the vectors tip to tail and then used Pythagoras to find the resultant vector.

I don't know if it was correct but I just wanted to get some working out done on the paper in hope of getting some method marks.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where we might find some sort of unofficial markscheme for this? Also any ideas roughly what mark we'll need to get an A in this paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.