Ask ALL of you accommodation questions here

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This is just so we know how many people haven't got accommodation yet. We might get in touch later to check how your house hunting is going. At this point you should continue putting effort into house hunting.

Thanks,
    Accommodation Team

(Original post by DezzieC)
    Hello,

A few days ago one of the admins on Facebook made a post about sending in some of your details to accommodation to 'gauge out how many students are still looking for accommodation.' I was just wondering if the accommodation team are going to reply in the very near future.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

It's usually two toilets and two shower rooms, but this might differ between different halls. In short, the number of bathrooms is sufficient for the number of people sharing them.

Thanks,
    Accommodation Team

(Original post by Alexandra98X)
    Hello,
    I was wondering how many bathrooms are shared in a non-ensuite flat of 6-8 people?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'll be moving into my halls (paddock field's) on the 24th. But as I am coming from a different country, my parents are wishing to stay at least one night (to my dismay) as they cannot afford any other type of accommodation. Are they allowed to do this? I've heard that I enrol on the 27th so I don't know if that will change any circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdeery94)
    Hi, I'll be moving into my halls (paddock field's) on the 24th. But as I am coming from a different country, my parents are wishing to stay at least one night (to my dismay) as they cannot afford any other type of accommodation. Are they allowed to do this? I've heard that I enrol on the 27th so I don't know if that will change any circumstances.
    Hi,

One night should be fine. The room doesn't have much space for 3 people though!

Thanks,
    Accommodation Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've decided to leave my course because of my medical condition (epilepsy). I lived in halls whilst I was there, but as soon as I left I signed out of my room and let them know that I was leaving. Do I still have to pay rent, even though I'm not living there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, am considering applying to Brighton to study English. Is the accommodation nice, is there a lot of choice, and are the rooms a nice place to spend a lot of time in? (I'm very dedicated to my studies so this is really important to me as I'd like a really cosy, homely space of my own).
    I can't make it to any of your open days, as I live too far away. As such, I'd like to get as full a picture as possible of what the accommodation is like, and what it's like to live there.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You can take tours of all types of halls rooms online here just click on the name of each hall and then click on the red box under the photo that says "360 tour"

(Original post by SabbyCat)
    Hi, am considering applying to Brighton to study English. Is the accommodation nice, is there a lot of choice, and are the rooms a nice place to spend a lot of time in? (I'm very dedicated to my studies so this is really important to me as I'd like a really cosy, homely space of my own).
    I can't make it to any of your open days, as I live too far away. As such, I'd like to get as full a picture as possible of what the accommodation is like, and what it's like to live there.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm sorry we must have missed seeing your question here. Hopefully you have already had an answer but I'll respond here too in case you haven't or the information might be useful to someone else.

If you need to leave or intermit from your course you do not need to pay rent in halls or Unihomes after you move out.

Rent would only remain payable for students who stay at Uni but choose to leave their room, they would need to pay until they found a suitable replacement tenant.

This is only the case in University accommodation. In private accommodation, termination clauses will be determined by your contract.

(Original post by mdeery94)
    Hi, I've decided to leave my course because of my medical condition (epilepsy). I lived in halls whilst I was there, but as soon as I left I signed out of my room and let them know that I was leaving. Do I still have to pay rent, even though I'm not living there?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.