Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Awesome Genius reveals all - Ask Jo Anything Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    It seems unlikely that there is only one Joban on the entire GMC register. :rolleyes:
    in terms of first name there is only 1 joban.

in terms of surname, there are 11 jobanputras

ReputationRep:
    Did you know your name is an anagram of

bare Eth?

:mmm:
    :tong:

thanks Red Leather Owl :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    in terms of first name there is only 1 joban.

in terms of surname, there are 11 jobanputras
    I think that is seriously unlikely. It's probably just not showing them all. Also I know he's on the GMC and isn't the one Joban you found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    For one thread only you have the rare opportunity to ask me (Joban) anything.

Awesome Genius just a character. Not a real person.
    There's only one doctor called Joban on the GMC LRMP. And it isn't you.

What's the deal? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Stop lying EW, we all know you got rejected by Oxford and are covering it up by pretending that you didn't like it.

:rolleyes:
    Oh yeah, apart from when they begged me to accept their offer

I was like Oxford, :hand: DBI
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    To be fair though, the GMC register point people are making is perfectly valid.

There is indeed only one person with the forename Joban on the List of Registered Medical Practitioners. (I presume this other person is who Xenon17 has found.)

It definitely isn't the OP. And I'm confident OP is actually an Oxford-qualified doctor. So... he's almost certainly lying about his name.
    fair enough. he could just answer yes or no or that it is an abbreviation. also in my most recent post I pointed out there are 11 people with joban in their surname ( based on their age, I have a suspicion if the OPs surname has Joban, I reckon I know the guy's name and GMC number)

ReputationRep:
    GG Awesome. Please find a different forum for escapism. I know its OP because I had a previous picture of him which I cross referenced
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I think that is seriously unlikely. It's probably just not showing them all. Also I know he's on the GMC and isn't the one Joban you found.
    probably right i know with gmc and gphc registers, sometimes you need to enter the professional number to id them straight away as there can be multiple people with the same surname they wont show the names straight away

ReputationRep:
    Awesome /cleared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    probably right i know with gmc and gphc registers, sometimes you need to enter the professional number to id them straight away as there can be multiple people with the same surname they wont show the names straight away
    Yep exactly. I have been knee deep in the GMC register numerous times for my previous job and a first name is never enough to DOX.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Yep exactly. I have been knee deep in the GMC register numerous times for my previous job and a first name is never enough to DOX.
    at least he didnt mention his name as patel, shah, khan, lee. that would be fun looking up :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Why would it bring up one result though? Surely if first name wasn't sufficient, it just wouldn't return any results?

I just tried putting in the first names of some doctors I know, and it returned them in the search results perfectly fine.

I also tried a couple of really common names to see what happened, it seemed to be taking a very long time to load the results, so I closed the window.

ReputationRep:
    Why would it bring up one result though? Surely if first name wasn't sufficient, it just wouldn't return any results?

I just tried putting in the first names of some doctors I know, and it returned them in the search results perfectly fine.
    Is it because he is currently out of medical training? I.e. he quit medicine, and is now locuming in Cardiology? Would that make a difference to his registration status.

In all seriousness I think Jo should clear it up. But he is legit that's all I know.

ReputationRep:
    There's only one doctor called Joban on the GMC LRMP. And it isn't you.

What's the deal? :p:
    Plot twist: what if AG is actually your dupe :sly:

ReputationRep:
    My dox didnt even use the GMC register his name is Joban sehmi. Is joban telling you to say this? Your days of TSR fame are over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Why did you ask me over PM if I wanted to mate with you?

It was terrible dude.
    Lmao I'm sorry.

Look if anyone insults with my character then I kinda have to respond - it's part of the persona.

I have no idea what you're like, I know absolutely nothing about you, so I couldn't possibly dislike you.

It's nothing personal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Plot twist: what if AG is actually your dupe :sly:
    Nah it's not, I've just defended him on here before because I felt he was being unfairly disbelieved.

Plus AG posted a video of his Oxford degree certificate, and I can confirm that I do not have one of those. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Are you insufferable in real life too?
    I think most of the thoughts I have about people may be described as "insufferable" or, I dunno, they may not be. But, regardless, I wouldn't say them. Also I don't boast about myself, not at all.

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's not, I've just defended him on here before because I felt he was being unfairly disbelieved.

Plus AG posted a video of his Oxford degree certificate, and I can confirm that I do not have one of those. :p:
    Just so you know ethereal and awesome seem like the same person or know each other outside of TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    My dox didnt even use the GMC register his name is Is joban telling you to say this? Your days of TSR fame are over
    I think that's just a different person. Apart from the first name, what are the similarities? That person is at a completely different stage in medical training.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.