Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hard to believe that the last time I posted here a few days ago, he was still alive. :moon:

I pray to god that Grace Slick doesn't die this year. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    Hopefully it isn't true
    he was hospitalised quite recently
    I know I'm late but this sad news was true FTL (fu this life)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Either way it's still rubbish

Posted from TSR Mobile

it isn't.

you just can't count.

prince + doris + chyna = 3 deaths in a short space of time.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Newsme)
    it isn't.

you just can't count.

prince + doris + chyna = 3 deaths in a short space of time.
    Yeah OK, it works in this instance. But it's still superstitious poppycock

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Prince was my favourite singer, alongside Michael Jackson. Now I have lost them both.
    I was literally listening to The Gold Experience album as I refreshed my newsfeed and 'RIP Prince' was all that I could see. I couldn't believe it, still can't. It just seems so sudden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    Prince was my favourite singer, alongside Michael Jackson. Now I have lost them both.
    I was literally listening to The Gold Experience album as I refreshed my newsfeed and 'RIP Prince' was all that I could see. I couldn't believe it, still can't. It just seems so sudden
    I thought it was a wum. Still sort of expect Prince to come out and say it was a wum publicity stunt or something.

For anyone that doesn't know Prince wrote that record. Prince :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    some rumours saying he had advanced aids. either way 57 is too young to die. the guy could play guitar.
    I think this is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I thought it was a wum. Still sort of expect Prince to come out and say it was a wum publicity stunt or something.

For anyone that doesn't know Prince wrote that record. Prince :cool:
    How I wish that this was all just a publicity stunt, but unfortunately he has already been cremated.
    I literally cannot get over his death. I listen to his music 24/7, and now all I can think about is the fact that he's no longer with us.
    Now that all of his videos are ending up on youtube, all I do is watch them.
    I'm just lost for words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    How I wish that this was all just a publicity stunt, but unfortunately he has already been cremated.
    I literally cannot get over his death. I listen to his music 24/7, and now all I can think about is the fact that he's no longer with us.
    Now that all of his videos are ending up on youtube, all I do is watch them.
    I'm just lost for words.
    His popularity will increase for sure now that his music is on YouTube. He should never have done all that imo.

I didn't actually like Prince to start off with btw Sign O The Times was a difficult album to absorb and it was the first one I heard. I liked Still Waiting off the self titled album and then I heard The Beautiful Ones and was blown away by the production and song structure.

Hoping there is some decent stuff in this vault and it gets released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    His popularity will increase for sure now that his music is on YouTube. He should never have done all that imo.

I didn't actually like Prince to start off with btw Sign O The Times was a difficult album to absorb and it was the first one I heard. I liked Still Waiting off the self titled album and then I heard The Beautiful Ones and was blown away by the production and song structure.

Hoping there is some decent stuff in this vault and it gets released.
    I agree. I guess I understand why he might have wanted to do it, but removing his music from youtube or spotify made in nearly impossible for the newer generation to get access to his music and acknowledge how much of an amazing artist he was. He didn't stop at removing just his music, but I remember that at one point he removed all of his photos from this Prince fanpage due to copyright, and afterwards I read an article which said he sued everyone who had him as their cover photo on facebook?

hehe I understand what you mean, it took me a few listens before I began liking some of his songs. I first fell in love with Prince after I saw the music video for ''The most beautiful girl in the world'' on TV. I couldn't find any of his songs online but I had a music app on my phone where I downloaded a few of his hit songs like 'When doves cry', 'Get Off', 'Darling Nikki' etc. I found some of them hard to listen to at first, but I really loved his voice and I thought his range was amazing. I then began listening to his earlier music and worked my way upwards. I have always loved 70s disco music so 'For You' and 'Prince' were just my cup of tea. After understanding what kind of artist he is, I fell in love with all of his songs.

I actually think Sign o the times is one of his best albums, 'If I was your girlfriend' is my ultimate favourite Prince song, but I think I prefer the music video version. 'Strange relationship' also makes it onto my list of favourites.

Yeah I just read the article which stated that he had thousands of unreleased songs kept in his vault. Is it certain that they will get released though?
    I also hope they will leave them untouched when they are released. I don't want them to do the same thing they did to Michael Jackson and edit the songs to make them sound more 'modern'.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.