The Student Room Group

OCR Innovation Challenge (A Level) 2016 - Product Design

Scroll to see replies

Good luck lads!!
Just think outside the box!
Just make sure you fill up every space possible with writing, the more writing the better
Reply 43
YOU CAN NOT BRING IN A PAST PAPER THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

However there's nothing stopping you taking pictures of the model answers ans printing them on flat paper.. If an invidulator see's you with a paper you're ****ed

Good luck lads, put in an extra function into all ya designs and you'll be on track
Reply 44
Original post by Tarlius
YOU CAN NOT BRING IN A PAST PAPER THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

However there's nothing stopping you taking pictures of the model answers ans printing them on flat paper.. If an invidulator see's you with a paper you're ****ed

Good luck lads, put in an extra function into all ya designs and you'll be on track

Omg I am worried now. I have been thinking that I could so have planned my challenge around this. Where did you acquire this information because if it is definite I don't want to walk into the exam pull out an old past paper then be kicked out :s-smilie:
Reply 45
Can somebody just do a quick post to recap what we are supposed to do in every box? Just want to make sure I've got it right.
Yes you are. I have taken it into my exam last year. The examiner clearly saw everyone had the same past paper which had been annotated and didnt care so obvioisly you can. I am re taking it this year.
Hi! I've moved this to the correct forum, as it could be really helpful for other Design and technology students :smile:
Reply 48
I did the relaxation question. Basically just made Ergonomic seating shaped to give the best comfort and relaxation with overhead weather protection.
Reply 49
Past papers were allowed BTW in the exam. For anyone doing this next year.
I did the relaxation one too
found it pretty good
Reply 51
Original post by laith k
Hope part one went well for everyone!
How is everyone planning to prepare for paper two.:u:

Paper 2 is worth only 20 marks. Over half are just for relatibg to each bullet point and examples. Other half is just based on how it was written. I dont really think there is much ways to prepare. How are you preparing?
Reply 52
Original post by george_leeson
I am just going through past papers and revising what needs to be covered for each of the 7 possible themes

Oh we havent been taught anything about this test, we mainly focused on the innovation challenge. What are the 7 themes?
Okay, so i did the ocr innovation challenge for my AS level yesterday.
I cant remember all the 6 themes, but here are 4: an area to relax in a town center to be used all year round, a charging station, a nutritional bar (clearly for food tech), a place to store shopping.
I did the first one, but note how it says area and not seat or shelter specifically. This can therefore be a wooded park place or just simply one seat. It must also be able to be used all year round hence you need a shelter to protect it in rain or wind.

Job bag- Take in images of bus shelters, seats in towns, cycle racks, communal shelters, benches etc. Think what you can do to make the product sustainable i.e solar panels, automatic lights. A list of the materials that you will use to make your models will also be handy for one of the questions. Find out what materials are available before you go in.

Good luck mate
Reply 54
I done challenge #1, and it seems everyone I've spoken to has done challenge 1 also, did anyone else do any other challenges?

How did it go anyway!?

-Ali
Original post by Bahcaci
I done challenge #1, and it seems everyone I've spoken to has done challenge 1 also, did anyone else do any other challenges?

How did it go anyway!?

-Ali

Did number 1 too- Have u done paper 2 yet?
Reply 56
Yeah, coursework already submitted, think I done alright, the F521 wasn't too bad, I think I pulled it back in the end. Let's just hope the second paper goes well.

How did everyone else find it?
Any tips for paper 2? Exam is on monday!
Reply 58
Original post by mrbombastic1999
Any tips for paper 2? Exam is on monday!

Revise the key topics and practice answering past paper questions about the product you done in the other exam.
Reply 59
Can anyone help me out with a question. What is the difference between commercial viability and economical viability? Plus are there any other types of viability? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending