Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Somebody I know is 20 and has slept with over 200 guys Watch

ReputationRep:
    In double digits and I am repulsed. This is just inhumane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    not that much for a girl
    Less so for a girl. But still, 200 is a lot. Statistically, several of them could be 'out of her league' (for lack of a better phrase), no matter what she looks like.

So, still an accomplishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    You can't base respect on someone's sex life.

If they're nice to you and they aren't hurting anyone then who are you to judge? You sound like a horrible person.
    You can't base respect on a single post someone makes on an internet forum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    To each their own, but respect? No.

ReputationRep:
    Well that is her business...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    My number is also in the hundreds so I can hardly judge her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Don't listen to the people on this thread. They are total hypocrites. They all think it's cool and trendy to be super non-judgemental - so they say all this dribble even in such obvious cases like this. They are the same people who if their own daughter or sibling behaved like this would go mad.

It is totally impossible to respect some like this. You are not being judgmental relative to how society feels about her. End of story.
    The fact that you said just daughter alone and not son tells me something.

ReputationRep:
    how did she find the time????

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to give somebody less respect as person just for something like this
    but I *will* make unconscious judgements about their characteristics
    and I won't see it as an achievement
    I'd only see this kind of thing as an achievement if they were a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    introduce her to me asap!!!!
    Where does it say that the person is a "she"?

I'm not being judgemental about the number of people this person has had sex with, but on it's own it tends to indicate some deep psychological problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    The people in this thread need to get off their imaginary high horse :lol:

This girl doesn't respect herself, but 1) It's her choice and 2) I don't think respect is the right word. Maybe trust? I'm sure there are other things about this person, it's tough to judge on that one fact you've given us. Respect is a very strong word in my opinion, I think respect has to be individually earned and I only respect a few people, so It would obviously be very hard for me to respect someone like that.

The only reason people are overreacting to your very normal question is because you're talking about a girl, and when someone potentially insults a girl half the internet hunts you down and insults you back so don't worry about that. Personally I'd find it hard to respect her, and the exact same goes for a promiscious man.

One thing I do know is that you're allowed your own opinion, so if you choose to not respect her that's cool, contrary to what others in this thread say.
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Don't listen to the people on this thread. They are total hypocrites. They all think it's cool and trendy to be super non-judgemental - so they say all this dribble even in such obvious cases like this. They are the same people who if their own daughter or sibling behaved like this would go mad.It is totally impossible to respect some like this. You are not being judgmental relative to how society feels about her. End of story.

I agree and disagree. And I would say the same thing even if it was a guy.
    I mainly disagree with the idea that people on here are saying this because it's a woman... in fact normally it's the other way round.
    Have you not viewed the countless threads of male users addressing girls as sluts, whores or 'used goods'? I certainly have and find it completely disgusting. I remember giving a long speech on a thread called 'girl A or girl B' something like that where a guy had to choose between a girl who had sex with one guy and another had sex with many. The comments were appalling. Also in many cultures, female promiscuity is frowned upon but male promiscuity praised. Some would see her as 'used goods' but view the man as an 'alpha strong male' who is doing his 'job' which is to 'spread his seed'.

It also depends on how you define respect.Respecting someone isn't necessarily agreeing with their choice of lifestyle or saying you would date/ enter a relationship with them. I definitely don't agree with her lifestyle. It just means you would still see them as a human being, not treating them like an inanimate object that has no emotions or entitlement to basic human rights- treating them the way you'd like to be treated. Even if it was my sister, I would be saddened as I believe in your body is your temple but it doesn't mean I will not respect her, that's not loving someone. I love my sister.

But overall it's true that everyone is entitled to their own opinion at the end of the day :~) but me personally I see respect as treating someone the way I would like to be treated, not seeing them as 'lower' or as a 'thing' because of the choices they've made in their personal or not so personal life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typonaut)

I'm not being judgemental about the number of people this person has had sex with, but on it's own it tends to indicate some deep psychological problems.
    -Oh my gosh, so true. Good observation, I just realised this. For all we know it could be a 'he'.

ReputationRep:
    i need to see this person and get laid unless it's a man in which case no thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Is it even possible to respect somebody like this? :FP:
    Say she started at 16 .. 4 years = 1465 days = 1 different partner a week for 4 years. LOL
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Three issues.

1. The actual shaming. Absolutely outrageous, pathetic, cowardly and damaging behaviour. Complete morons. Ibe already said that but it makes me angry.
    2. Womans right to choose- already said that.
    3. Someone who has slept with that many is almost certainly going to have issues. its an unusually high number at such a young age. Some might cope with it, but its much more common o have self esteem problems.

According to the 2010 Health Survey for England, the mean number of sexual partners is 9.3 for men and 4.7 for women. However, the 2013 National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles (Natsal) found the mean to be 11.7 for men and 7.7 for women. Last week Slate also offered a sexual history calculator to see how you compare to peers your age.
    Relate’s 2014 The Way We Are Now report found that 31% of men and 21% of women had slept with more than ten people in their lifetime.
    Just pointing out how far off the norm it is, still her body though and hopeits a healthy choice and not driven by other factors.

ReputationRep:
    ****s gonna **** brah

ReputationRep:
    OK, I'm going to throw something a curveball in this thread...

The person I mentioned in my OP is actually a gay (bttm) guy in his second year of uni. :x

I respect him as a person, but I don't really understand the lifestyle he leads (he is averaging 1 new sexual partner every 3-4 days).

He is totally beautiful though, he just loses points on his lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    What's his secret?

ReputationRep:
    Difficult, close to impossible. In my opinion at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango Milkshake)
    Makes sense.
    Read my post, "You sound like a horrible person."

I never implied that he actually was one did I?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.