Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't understand how people can get to the age of 18 and still not have had a bf/gf watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    'Even male friends'?? But they are friends.
    Ahahah... Haha..

You much to learn about the nature of men...

ReputationRep:
    It's not about 'managing to get one'. Some people just don't want one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Demisexual, I'm not pretty, and the boys in my school didn't view me as a girl, they looked through me. I didn't exist. Meh. I was a nerd, I focused on my schoolwork instead. I had no time or interest or care for such things.

I have a boyfriend now at uni but he's far too good for me. He's too bloody wonderful.

Still a nerd btw, even at uni.
    Me aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I wouldn't actually say they were being emotionally immature, to be desired and seen as attractive is a universal human psychological need. If they cannot have that need fulfilled then whose to say a relationship wouldn't be what they needed?
    i think those with low self esteem feel the strong desire at 16 to be wanted by someone else. we arent emotionally developed enough at that age to be able to sustain a long lasting and healthy relationship. experience comes with age, life experience.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ahahah... Haha..

You much to learn about the nature of men...
    Why so cynical?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Most of the guys I know are douchebags.

ReputationRep:
    I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.
    I think a more important question should be "How can someone get to the age of 19+ and never had a job/ever worked?"

ReputationRep:
    I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.
    Lol miss goody two shoes Christian 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    i think those with low self esteem feel the strong desire at 16 to be wanted by someone else. we arent emotionally developed enough at that age to be able to sustain a long lasting and healthy relationship. experience comes with age, life experience.
    Doesn't everybody desire to be wanted in some form or another though?

(Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Why so cynical?
    Speaking from experience. Many a time a male who I hang out with has become attracted to me and asked me out. It never seems to stay as 'just friends'

ReputationRep:
    I've been asked out a few times but rejected them all. It's not that I can't get a boyfriend, just don't want one yet. I'm personally not ready for a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    I think a more important question should be "How can someone get to the age of 19+ and never had a job/ever worked?"
    I don't understand that either tbf

Because their mother would f*cking kill them if they did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Lol miss goody two shoes Christian 😂

He was a really nice guy tbf; we didn't do anything serious though. We could have done if I had wanted it, however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Man's single because like no one can handle my 9 incher ygm fam?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    nah but srs, ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
    What you said was so cliche! I've heard it many times, and this doesn't necessarily apply to you but.

Normally people who say "they ain't got time for relationships", are the people who normally can't get into one in the same place.

Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't everybody desire to be wanted in some form or another though?

Speaking from experience. Many a time a male who I hang out with has become attracted to me and asked me out. It never seems to stay as 'just friends'
    Friend zone or brother zone them like I do pretty much all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Asian? If so, understandable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Friend zone or brother zone them like I do pretty much all the time
    Then it's just awkward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Understandable in that case
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Asian? If so, understandable.
    Relatable. When us Asians find someone, it has to be straight to marriage and for life.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Because they arent that interested and have other things o be getting on with.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.