Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everyone is growing up so fast!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    OMG LIGHT UP SHOES! Omg those magazines!

Do you remember those other shoes with the toys inside?? I had those when I was 11.

The world really has changed!
    I loved them shoes! I can't even begin to imagine an 11yr old wearing them now though. They're too busy posting 'Like if you would date me' pictures on instagram.

ReputationRep:
    My friends would have laughed at me if I suggested we played with dolls when we were 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Now it seems that babies learn to walk then pick up a playstation controller and make a facebook account
    The image :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm not alone in thinking this, but I find it a little odd.

My brother just turned 12 on wednesday and he is in year 7 and he seems so much older than he is, I talk to him as if I were talking to somebody my age.

I remember when I was in year 7 and although I was a very sensible and mature child, I remember inviting my friend over at the beginning of the year and playing with our dolls in my garden. I was 11 then, now a days for an 11 year old to do that seems a little odd.

I suppose it's the advancement in technology but can anyone relate?
    Lies! I'm 21 and I'm still far from grown up, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    My friends would have laughed at me if I suggested we played with dolls when we were 11
    What were you doing at that age? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Really?

I actually think I remember myself being slightly embarrassed that I still played with dolls at that age, now that I look back I think it's cute lol. So innocent and unaware of how I was going to mature in the following years....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    What were you doing at that age? :beard:
    :lolwut: okay creep...

Playing out, on scooters bikes etc and making games but not dolls. Dolls would have been too symbolic of babyhood and we'd be all 'Err excuse me dolls? I wear a sports bra so know yourself'

ReputationRep:
    Really?

I actually think I remember myself being slightly embarrassed that I still played with dolls at that age, now that I look back I think it's cute lol. So innocent and unaware of how I was going to mature in the following years....
    Feel the same I kinda wish I did something like that that I could forgive myself for now but I spent so much time trying to prove how grown up I was...

brb gonna go buy a baby doll :cry:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.