Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Lol engineering isn't even that interesting. Would rather work on multi-billion pound transactions that shake up the business world, than on some very specific widget on a very specific project as an engineer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Of course, but there's no need to start making him prove himself or anything lol
    there's always a need.

this industry is full of ego's so it's always interesting to see if someone will sqeaul under the pressure.

otherwise i've heard there's a shortage of juniour nurses, and i'm pretty sure they have much nicer people in that sector

ReputationRep:
    Yes you have mate.. Don't lie. I remember how stubborn you were in an argument before.

I'm not insulted, I just don't enjoy people spouting rubbish about people they don't know - especially when you aren't in the position to give advice yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not spouting rubbish, im just saying what i've observed on this website and telling him to ignore those who are having a go at him.

I wasnt even referring to you. You're definitely very insecure about this.

And i will give advice as I please, gotta problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    there's always a need.

this industry is full of ego's so it's always interesting to see if someone will sqeaul under the pressure.

otherwise i've heard there's a shortage of juniour nurses, and i'm pretty sure they have much nicer people in that sector
    Chill dude, OPs only in yr 11 like me lmaooo

But yeah, i guess its important to have a motivation

ReputationRep:
    Chill dude, OPs only in yr 11 like me lmaooo

But yeah, i guess its important to have a motivation
    what are you doing on tsr?

go outside, explore, play on swings or whatever school kids do nowadays
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not spouting rubbish, im just saying what i've observed on this website and telling him to ignore those who are having a go at him.

I wasnt even referring to you. You're definitely very insecure about this.

And i will give advice as I please, gotta problem?
    Exhibit A.

And yes, yes you are. People on here aren't being 'insecure' or 'judgemental', we're trying to establish the guys true motive for going into finance and whether he should really strive for something that he'll just end up hating. Not only will this help set his mindset, but it'll also give him a good 'anchor' to answer any interview questions about his desire to work in finance.

If you didn't know, most bankers can sniff out people who only care for 'exit opps' and 'money' a mile away.

Your white knight rescue attempt is misplaced, this isn't aggro against the guy at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what are you doing on tsr?

go outside, explore, play on swings or whatever school kids do nowadays
    Not really an active person unfortunately

Plus i got exams so this is just me killing time

ReputationRep:
    Exhibit A.

And yes, yes you are. People on here aren't being 'insecure' or 'judgemental', we're trying to establish the guys true motive for going into finance and whether he should really strive for something that he'll just end up hating. Not only will this help set his mindset, but it'll also give him a good 'anchor' to answer any interview questions about his desire to work in finance.

If you didn't know, most bankers can sniff out people who only care for 'exit opps' and 'money' a mile away.

Your white knight rescue attempt is misplaced, this isn't aggro against the guy at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Once again, i wasnt talking about you. As far as i can remember you did help me out but there are ppl here on the past who have poked fun out of the fact that im 16 and im looking at my future career prospects.

I dont know if it was how you paint it as, the patronising tone that people used wasnt particularly nice at all. Take the fact that a number of people just said 'you're just doing it for the money' even after he expressed his interest in trading.

Once again, let me make this clear, i wasnt talking about you, i didnt even know i had an argument with you lmaoo

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Nobody in here is an employer OP, no need to prove yourself.

Make sure you get strong grades and secure the best possible university place. Apply to A-Level insights and make the most of your time through getting involved, showing leadership etc

Begin to assess yourself and your strengths and develop the ability to sell yourself from that. I'd also work on your ability to network and converse well (I'd suggest "how to win friends and influence people"); this means when you do meet IB'ers they'll like you and will be much more responsive - helping you to gain more opportunities. I've received multiple invites for coffee or further opportunities through networking so I'd suggest that you get clued up on this (don't be shy). Other things like the ability to speak well in presentations and being confident in your abilities is also helpful for insights etc.

My advice is to remain 'awake' in regards to the finance, focus on school and look for any opportunities or roles which can improve your profile. And when you do apply make sure the format of your CV and CL is solid, I know a lot of strong applicants who simply had a crappy looking CV and that's what got them rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by iBall)

Begin to assess yourself and your strengths and develop the ability to sell yourself from that. I'd also work on your ability to network and converse well (I'd suggest "how to win friends and influence people"); this means when you do meet IB'ers they'll like you and will be much more responsive - helping you to gain more opportunities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This^

Especially if you live in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This^

Especially if you live in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely bud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axlerod)
    a*aaaaaaabb
    That is pretty poor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antebellum)
    That is pretty poor
    Well considering my circumstances, I'd say I did pretty well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by antebellum)
    That is pretty poor
    Why so brutal? That's actually a solid set of grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you want this industry, you have to prove your worth
    No you really don't. You just have to be able to talk crap and make people like you that's all.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Spiritually)
    No you really don't. You just have to be able to talk crap and make people like you that's all.
    convincing crap*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why not steal some toys from a baby? There are lots of babies out there so finding one to steal from will be an easy way a getting some 'hands-on' experience in the areas you need to develop in. Who knows, one day you may even graduate and become a pathological ecclectamaniac!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Des_Lumières)
    Why not steal some toys from a baby? There are lots of babies out there so finding one to steal from will be an easy way a getting some 'hands-on' experience in the areas you need to develop in. Who knows, one day you may even graduate and become a pathological ecclectamaniac!
    It'd be better if you could get a job learning to convince the baby to give you their toys, since that's more along the lines of what the job entails.

Sales is everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathstatician)
    It'd be better if you could get a job learning to convince the baby to give you their toys, since that's more along the lines of what the job entails.

Sales is everything.
    He should be aiming high though: a top position choosing which European states to ransack!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.