Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you actually want to do with your life? watch

ReputationRep:
    Trauma doctor
    Own a gym - idk about the logistics of owning a gym and being a doctor though, I reckon it's not at all feasible
    Travel
    No kids pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to do something productive with my life, I don't want to just live and die for nothing. Honestly, coming up with a cure for a disease that doesn't have one or participating in the fight against poverty in 3rd world countries would be fulfilling. With the experience and knowledge that I will gain, I will try and change this world! I definitely don't want to fall into a 'normal life', it isn't fulfilling for me.

ReputationRep:
    Idrk lol

The fact I don't know terrifies me and makes me sad.

ReputationRep:
    Do some sort of astrophysics/cosmology based research, specifically about the origin of the Universe and how it developed in it's early stages, or something to do with Black Holes.

Either that or surgery of some sort, probably to do with the skeleton and surrounding muscular systems, or the nervous system. Pretty fascinating how they work and interact with other parts of the body. It'd be a very stressful life, but I imagine the job satisfaction would be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Idrk lol

The fact I don't know terrifies me and makes me sad.
    Don't worry about it right now, you'll find your place eventually! Just focus on living in the moment and being happy with whatever you're doing ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    I don't know. I really don't know. But I guess that's the beauty of life. :moon:
    "life without purpose is meaningless"

"a man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 30 has wasted 20 years of his life"

(Original post by trapking)
    "life without purpose is meaningless"
    Or that 'purpose' hasn't been found yet.:rolleyes:
    So it's worth living to find out what is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Have a family
    Do a job that enjoy.
    Provide for my family
    Anything more specific? What sort of job would you enjoy?

I want to be a teacher and live in a pretty terraced house with a couple of house rabbits. That's just gonna be my life.

ReputationRep:
    Just survive, mainly.

ReputationRep:
    high end jewellery trading
    buy all my collections
    design and build my own house
    have a wife and a couple of kids
    buy a holiday home in california

ReputationRep:
    die.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to make big differences to the world or become famous or anything like that.

I just want to observe, see every part of the world.

ReputationRep:
    To develop an unshakable sense of self-worth.

ReputationRep:
    Find a real sick crew and dance all my life

And a lil romance wouldnt hurt anyone

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about this exact question yesterday when I was travelling home from work. The idea of me spending my early years travelling back and forth every day on the bus was suddenly quite depressing to me, and I had this overwhelming urge to do something good and worthwhile..then I watched a movie and totally forgot about it.

In all honesty I just want to be as happy as possible. If I suddenly realise that in order to be happy I have to write a great novel or run in a marathon then I will. That being said, I'd love to write a great book one day. And I'd like to settle down somewhere in the countryside.

Too embarrassed to say anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Too embarrassed to say anything.
    You don't have to feel embarrassed about your ambitions, even if they seem like they might be weird or stupid or whatever they're part of what define us and you should be proud of that! If you don't feel comfortable sharing them with the world just yet then I totally understand but don't devalue yourself so much by feeling embarrassed by them, you are an amazing improbability on earth and just being here makes you pretty special ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Justabitwearden)
    You don't have to feel embarrassed about your ambitions, even if they seem like they might be weird or stupid or whatever they're part of what define us and you should be proud of that! If you don't feel comfortable sharing them with the world just yet then I totally understand but don't devalue yourself so much by feeling embarrassed by them, you are an amazing improbability on earth and just being here makes you pretty special ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my.

I'm going to cry.

Best words I've ever heard from anyone.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.