Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    It's the first stage of moving towards violent extremism
    My mum wears a headscarf, she is nothing close to a "violent extremist" and never has been. Way to make assumptions on people you have never met.

(Original post by cosmic angel)
    Your mum as well (I'm assuming she's a muslim)...?
    I don't direct my resentment at the entire muslim populace, just the sheikhs and the clerics. And the wars and invasions.
    Yeah she never really wore it when I was a kid and she's muslim

Nor do I

It just shows how the right wording and fear mongering can change the beliefs of millions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venusian Visitor)
    Damn shame, their girls were hot.
    Our girls are still beautiful but not for showcase. And even then majority wore hijabs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    The Imperial European Governments moved out (I think)
    Wow, this level of ignorance is actually quite impressive. If you really want to know why radical Islam appeared in Iran, just one case, see this: http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...3-iranian-coup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    2 comments one asking what has changed in 50 years and another saying what they thought had happened.

Not everything is islamophobia or does islamophobia include all criticism?
    No. I welcome genuine questions about Islam and the muslim world. I'm somewhat well equipped and I could do it for a living.

If I need to spell it out for you that OP was LOOKING for a fight then that's a conversation that I'd rather not have. Plenty more productive things to do with my time.

What is concerning is how you're passionately defending the OP's islamophobia after I've clearly demonstrated to you how he was looking to incite hatred. By the number of gems you have, it becomes even more apparent that you know how TSR works and you KNOW that this thread will end in islamophobes joining in speaking about the ins and outs of Islam. So why act so dumb?

(Original post by yasminkattan)
    Well, according to Google, to civilise means to "bring (a place or people) to a stage of social development considered to be more advanced."
    So I'm going to ask again, what is uncivilised about covering yourself, rather than showing your legs and cleavage?
    Clue's in the word 'advanced' mate

Maybe I should walk around in a long cardboard box with just two holes for my eyes because that's just as civilised as wearing a dress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Our girls are still beautiful but not for showcase. And even then majority wore hijabs.
    Here here brother we have plenty of haram white totty to ogle now with the internet and tv anyway. Allah akcbar
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    Ohhh, I misinterpreted your words and accidentally repped you. My bad. The OP knows how TSR works.

1. Post something immigrant/muslim related
    2. Some people reply back explaining something
    3. Gang of islamophobes join in bashing Islam from all directions.

Any idiot KNOWS how these things go down. OP ain't looking for an "intellectual discussion".
    oh but i'm actually interested in what happened in history of that part of the muslim world. who overthrew who and such.

ReputationRep:
    No. I welcome genuine questions about Islam and the muslim world. I'm somewhat well equipped and I could do it for a living.

If I need to spell it out for you that OP was LOOKING for a fight then that's a conversation that I'd rather not have. Plenty more productive things to do with my time.

What is concerning is how you're passionately defending the OP's islamophobia after I've clearly demonstrated to you how he was looking to incite hatred. By the number of gems you have, it becomes even more apparent that you know how TSR works and you KNOW that this thread will end in islamophobes joining in speaking about the ins and outs of Islam. So why act so dumb?
    I know that people who start calling out something as islamophobic before anything truly islamophobic has been said is stifling the discussion, if you want a discussion over something don't start by saying this is islamophobic otherwise only people who are truly islamophobic will post as people will not want to be associated with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Here here brother we have plenty of haram white totty to ogle now with the internet and tv anyway. Allah akcbar
    Lol I am a girl.

ReputationRep:
    That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
    "There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists
    "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

"So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Ie: There's no compulsion in religion but if you don't convert to Islam we'll slaughter you. These are just some fundamental verses of the Qu'ran which Islamists like yourself like to brush under the rug. Oh and don't bother with the whole "it's just a metaphor" ploy. I've studied Islamic history, these verses were written while Mohammad (pbuh) was busy invading Christian lands and killing people, unprovoked too.

Mind you, not all Muslims are stupid enough to actually follow these verses. I only know of 1 sect which tells it's followers NOT to follow them and that's the Ahmadiyya sect. Their Messiah basically looked at these verses and went, "urgghhh I ain't following this!" The guy knew that if he went around saying "denounce the Qu'ran" no one was going to listen to him, so instead he used an Islamic prophecy to secure his Messiah-hood and told people, "Mohammad meant that you should be evangelical not murderous," obviously hiding the truth behind those verses. His plan worked out too. You've got to admit, the guy had a good bit of grey matter between his ears.

As for the other sects... lets just hope they go out of fashion. Not all of their followers are bad, but these sects promote a version of Islam which is pretty violent because they follow exactly what the Qu'ran says. It just provides a breeding ground for Islamists.

EDIT: If looking at the issue objectively and saying things as they are makes me an "Islamophobe" then so be it. I wear such labels with pride, knowing that I'm neither a brainwashed idiot or a coward. If the Islamists have no other argument than to yell "Islamophobe" as Butternuts96 has done repeatedly in this thread, then clearly they're incapable of formulating valid arguments. People who would attempt to silence others with the threat of slander have no business taking part in a civilised debate. If they don't like it when people with common sense criticise Islam they can go back to the ME.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    LOL
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Why?
    Afghanistan is such a nice place to live. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaar)
    You have a major inferiority complex. Calling yourself a Muslim, whilst looking down on your own God's laws just so you can pretend to be 'advanced'.
    Indeed, she should not call herself Muslim. She sounds too intelligent for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Afghanistan is such a nice place to live. :yy:
    If you are not joking then yes I agree. But obviously the wars have torn it apart. Yet people over there are happy. Although they are poor (there are rich also but you know coz of war..poor more).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Women have tonnes of rights in Islam.. the right to be worth half of a male. The right not to drive. The right to be chauffered by a male relative when entering society. The right to have sex when their husband commands them too.
    They can drive that rule only exists in Saudia Arabia

ReputationRep:
    I wish more politicians would have the courage to take a stand against Islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaar)
    If you define intelligence as simply wanting to wear or preferring revealing clothes such as some of those in the OP then your standards are pretty low.
    The ability to challenge preconceived ideas is strong sign of intelligence to me.

I could ask you to prove that god exists and that he really told women to wear burqas, but I don't want to embarrass you.

(Original post by Khaar)
    I know plenty of Muslims who'd most likely make you look stupid in comparison, although I reckon that's not very hard to do.
    So you need to call other people to debate with me? Do you imply that you're not very intelligent compared to me?

(Original post by Khaar)
    You're that master frog guy from the other failed forum right?
    Yes, so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    I wish more politicians would have the courage to take a stand against Islam
    They may not say it directly but they surely do have a problem with it and probs fear that it will spread more so there is the media to make it look as negative as possible.

But good luck with getting rid of it...sorry but truth will remain. And if it false then surely it will fade away.

ReputationRep:
    It actually says in the quran that women are worth the same as men. They are equal but have different roles in society, and can be seen in our bodies. Men are designed to work long rough hours, as opposed to women.
    Another interesting fact is that in the US suicide rates are higher than ever at around 7% and divorce at over 25%. On the other hand, in Islamic countries these are almost zero. Feel free to search and validate these facts online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.