(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    This reminds me of Jeremy Kyle tbh

ReputationRep:
    B???

ReputationRep:
    I really do not like Theresa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Right, but because of the nature of multiple choice we know that mother in law is not an option.
    Right and as I stated in my first post I think the options are stupid because it doesn't include mother-in-law which is what the majority of people have concluded the relation is. You don't need the list of options to work out what the connection is.

ReputationRep:
    F. My mother in law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Right and as I stated in my first post I think the options are stupid because it doesn't include mother-in-law which is what the majority of people have concluded the relation is. You don't need the list of options to work out what the connection is.
    Well the options think you're stupid FYI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Well the options think you're stupid FYI.
    Great comeback m8

ReputationRep:
    BrainBashers' Answer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Answer: Daughter.

"Teresa's daughter is my daughter's mother"

my daughter's mother is actually me (i.e. the person who is asking the puzzle).

Therefore:

Teresa's daughter is me (i.e. the person who is asking the puzzle is Teresa's daughter).

Note: As there are only females available for the answer, the answer cannot be a male.

The Daily Star's Answer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So as many of you may have found out, you are Teresa's daughter. To explain *cough, cough*…Teresa's daughter = My daughter's mother. My daughter's mother = you. So therefore Teresa's daughter = You.

ReputationRep:
    B) my mother. I've written down my working.
    Name:  1461521790994.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  26.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    But the father could also say Teresa's daughter is my daughters mother? I.e the daughter of Teresa is the mother off my child.
    Yes, but out of the options available, Teresa can't be your mother in law, so she must be your mother.

ReputationRep:
    It's D isn't it? If Theresa's daughter is (my daughter's mother AKA me) then Theresa is my mother, assuming I'm female
    If Theresa's daughter is (my daughter's mother AKA my wife) then Theresa is my mother-in-law, assuming I'm male

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need it, but when you find out that the answer is either mother or mother in law, and you look at the available options, then it's obviously mother, not mother in law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasty Apple)
    Yes, but out of the options available, Teresa can't be your mother in law, so she must be your mother.
    Yeah I didn't see your last bit

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need it, but when you find out that the answer is either mother or mother in law, and you look at the available options, then it's obviously mother, not mother in law.
    I get that, I'm saying I'm breaking out of the mould and putting which answer I think best fits the riddle. I don't need options to tell me, because if you remove the options and the best fitting answer changes to something which wasn't even on the list in the first place then it should still be the overall best fitting answer. It's not my problem that the person who gave the options was too short-sighted to even work out alternative answers to the riddle they made.

That my friend is called thinking laterally.

P.S. Who the heck gives answer options to a riddle in the first place??

ReputationRep:
    P.S. Who the heck gives answer options to a riddle in the first place??
    Yeah, I guess that's all true. I don't see why mother in law would be the best fitting answer though. Yes, the speaker says "My daughter's mother" but that could just be because it's a riddle, and that's what riddles are like.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess that's all true. I don't see why mother in law would be the best fitting answer though. Yes, the speaker says "My daughter's mother" but that could just be because it's a riddle, and that's what riddles are like.
    Riddles are written to confuse you but they're also grammatically correct so you choose the precise answer that fits the grammatically correct sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    This reminds me of Jeremy Kyle tbh

ReputationRep:
    D. Mother.

ReputationRep:
    Riddles are written to confuse you but they're also grammatically correct so you choose the precise answer that fits the grammatically correct sentence.
    Is mother in law the grammatically correct one though?

What we really need, is the thread starter to just tell us the answer

ReputationRep:
    Mother in law. Teresa's daughter is my daughters Mother so I've had a child with Teresa's daughter. Therefore she is my mother in law.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.