Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How strict is your school uniform ?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Do you have to wear a fitted shirt? Nope. Your school uniform is casual af.
    How is it casual ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomo5000)
    How is it casual ?
    Because most schools have uniforms that constitute a school blazer, school tie, fitted shirt, trousers, and school jumper. When your school has a polo shirt and a footwear leeway, it is casual as it doesn't represent the "formal" look a school uniform is designed to have.

ReputationRep:
    No where near strict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Because most schools have uniforms that constitute a school blazer, school tie, fitted shirt, trousers, and school jumper. When your school has a polo shirt and a footwear leeway, it is casual as it doesn't represent the "formal" look a school uniform is designed to have.
    Most of the schools in my area have jumpers and polo shirt uniforms only the posh private school in the area has blazer and tie

ReputationRep:
    Most of the schools in my area have jumpers and polo shirt uniforms only the posh private school in the area has blazer and tie
    I know of many "comprehensive" schools that have the same uniform as myself, which is that of the "posh private school".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    very strict.
    if our skirts are too short we are made to bend over and take a good spanking.
    Your school sounds harsh

ReputationRep:
    How do u carry your stuff if u can't have your bag with u ?
    basically we can carry out stuff in our bags to and from school, then between periods 1 2 3 and 4 we have to physically carry our books for those subjects because "it makes corridor less trafficy" then after lunch for period 5 we can carry our bags

but for the record only 90% of the school yr7-11 carry out this rule- me not being one of them

ReputationRep:
    The last time I wore school uniform was in Primary School. Truth be told, I would actually prefer a uniform (though not a super strict one) as it would save me so much time in the morning. (Though when you get to your final years, you kind of realise that no one in your school is worth even a fraction of your concern and start to dress however you want)

x

ReputationRep:
    My high school was really strict
    shirt, clip on tie, blazer worn at all times
    no skirts of any length or skinny trousers
    those wearing a headscarf had to have it completely tucked into their shirt so collar and tie is showing, and of thin material
    no makeup, jewelerry, accesories, hairdye, nail varnish, hair bands, shiny clips, bandanas ect
    shoes had to be polishable, no laces or boots trainers plimsolls ect
    black socks only
    no rolling up sleeves
    shirt always tucked in and top button done up

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. 3 days a week of shirt, trousers, tie and black leather shoes, 2 days a week of army combats and 1 day of wearing RAF uniform. the astute amongst you will notice that that is 6 days a week in uniform. if our kit isn't ironed correctly we have to be inspected at 7:45 am the next day. btw these uniforms are worn from 7am to 7pm no exceptions.

ReputationRep:
    So surprised to here about all these uniforms? For our school in 6th form you have to wear full suit and it's strictly enforced. For lower years it's suit blazer/trousers but different coloured blazer. I thought it was like this everywhere...

(Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    In what world is that a strict uniform plz
    Innit. When I was at school there was no deviation allowed from the defined uniform. Everything had to be perfect, from your hair to how you tied your shoelaces.

That said, they often seemed to allow the girls to get away with murder, especially in the few years after I left, while my younger brother was there. Especially with hair; once when my brother had his hair highlighted he was told he would be suspended until he had either grown it out or had it shaven off. Our mother pointed out that there was a girl "over there" with bright purple hair. His suspension was commuted.

Schools are pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    my school tries to be strict about uniform but no one in my school dresses smartly so I think they gave up on us😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lool samee 😂

ReputationRep:
    My School Uniform
    No makeup allowed
    Only one pair of earrings and no big studs well I like wearing big pearls
    There's this teacher that is like no handbag allowed but she only picks on the people she knows
    Blazer with Logo
    Jumper with Logo
    White Shirt with Only standard collar instead of the other rounded ones that looks nice on girls
    No cardigans allowed
    My Trousers are a dark navy and this teacher says that they look black and then they look like jeans
    When some girls come to school in actual jeans and skin-tight trousers
    P.e Kit all with logo

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad my sixth form has no uniform
    But when I did:
    No make up
    No dying of hair regardless of the colour
    No nail polish
    Skirt had to be a certain length (below knee) but people still rolled it up
    No vans/converses allowed or boots (even though I wore vans all my life during it LOOOL)
    If they saw a hole on your jumper then you'd get told off because they thought we strarted a trend LOL
    No jewellery only small studs
    if you wore a skirt then only black/white socks allowed socks

LOOOL Thoseee are as much as I can remember only because I got told off for them -.-

ReputationRep:
    Hi how strict is or was your school uniform. I would say mine is quite strict. My uniform is
    School jumper
    School polo shirt
    School trousers
    Plain black footwear
    These are my school shoes
    Attachment 525997
    That's a joke.

Dress shirt, tie (colour specific to what year you're in), navy v-neck jumper, navy blazer, black/grey trousers, "appropriate" black school shoes.

Kid, you've got it totally chill, some calm tf down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    My school's ****ing posh, and the school uniform is a matching suit, appropriate shoes etc. I like wearing my Dr Martens with my suit though. :cool: One girl got told to remove her makeup since she was "wearing too much".
    We used to have a rule at our school that only year 9s and older were allowed to wear makeup :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    The rules for school uniform at my school used to be stricter between Year 7 to 9 😂 but now it's pretty chill.
    Like across the whole school we have a blazer, v-neck jumper, cardigan or vest (with our school logo on it) open as an option to wear across the whole year, along with our ties and shirts. And during the summer we have the option of just wearing polo shirts.

We pretty much can wear any type of shoes to school as well, as long as their black.. Like I wear Doc Martens to school and most people wear like Nikes. Most people don't even stick to the uniform anymore once we're in Year 10 above, there's a lot of freedom. Like they don't really comment too much about whether we have our nails done, hair dyed or are wearing make up. Like we have a uniform enforced, but we have the freedom as well or having our own twist.

ReputationRep:
    In my school they really don't care what you wear as long as it looks vaguely like the school uniform. Some people wear doc martins, skinny jeans or random black/gray jumpers. The only day when you are officially required to wear the full school uniform is on picture days or when we are visiting other places. On Fridays we get to wear any clothes we want. Btw this a senior school, not a sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form cares more about uniform and reputation than education.

They want to keep their so called 'high' reputation through us, the helpless students, wearing formal( granny like) clothing. Even if you wear tight formal trousers, you get in trouble.

I'm in sixth form - one girl today in my Politics class got shouted out by my head of year and she was sent home for her 'inappropriate' clothing( she had to change her clothes and come back looking SMART AND FORMAL). My school is so 'great' !!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.