ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Using good ol' british swords?
    Or good ol' British pistols if desired

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    For a capitalist, I'm starting to dislike competition
    I am sure I can twist some arms and get the party to welcome your defection as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I am sure I can twist some arms and get the party to welcome your defection as well
    I dunno. My office is comfy and the Liberals have nice cookies

ReputationRep:
    In the light of Mr Christopher McCall QC MA (Oxon)'s claim that no-platforming policies to speakers who are not making an illegal speech may be a violation of the Education Act, will this government prosecute student unions and societies, as well as the universities who tolerate these criminals running their premises in an illegal way?
    The government will appoint a team of legal experts to investigate the matter and discuss their findings at a cabinet meeting. I refer you to the respective Secretaries, mobbsy91 for Education and thehistorybore for Justice, if you have any further questions.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. My office is comfy and the Liberals have nice cookies
    Those are good reasons to stay, I am sure we can offer offer cookies and pizza however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    The government will appoint a team of legal experts to investigate the matter and discuss their findings at a cabinet meeting. I refer you to the respective Secretaries, mobbsy91 for Education and thehistorybore for Justice if you have any further questions.
    Thank you Minister Prime.

I look forward to seeing these criminals punished.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Minister Prime.

I look forward to seeing these criminals being punished.
    Secretaries roll out!

ReputationRep:
    Those are good reasons to stay, I am sure we can offer offer cookies and pizza however
    Ooooh, Pizza is good....

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, Pizza is good....
    I can order as much pizza as you like, just step into the light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    But you know who would be stepping in, won't go so well then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just have to bribe some burly Russian men to hang around the York Tory association's next meeting then

ReputationRep:
    I can order as much pizza as you like, just step into the light
    I dunno, I can just use my parliamentary expenses for that...

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I can just use my parliamentary expenses for that...
    I wonder what the ad hoc would think of that however?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    We all use our expenses for frivolous, sorry only important office purchases don't we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    The government will appoint a team of legal experts to investigate the matter and discuss their findings at a cabinet meeting. I refer you to the respective Secretaries, mobbsy91 for Education and thehistorybore for Justice, if you have any further questions.
    The Government has my full support in investigating this. Also in other activities to bring the NUS down a peg or two such as banning automatic membership or requiring them to remain apolitical on issues not directly involving their members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    We all use our expenses for frivolous, sorry only important office purchases don't we?
    Of course, of course

Also Airmed I know the coalition circumstances are now different but I hope you continue the good work the last coalition started on mental health.

ReputationRep:
    Will this government aim to increase civil liberties, or tighten up security services and internal control?

I sincerely hope it is the former.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I do feel that with his Parliamentary experience, Aph deserved a more important role in the coalition.
    Surprisingly i don't disagree (he can be quite productive and informed when he wants to be). The more likely reason for his position is that it would have been unfeasible for him to be anywhere near foreign or economic policy. He's welcome to bend the knee in infrastructure though.

Thank you Secretary Duel.

In the event of another internal Liberal conflict, what would you do?
    I can't speak for LP or Petros (were the situation reversed) by my position always was and still is that parties can tear each other to pieces as much as they like so long as they do internally. Those who prove themselves to be public liabilities should be fed to the vultures.

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Can I ask how the government is planning on introducing any major legislation whatsoever this term without splitting or causing a defection, given that it includes Jammy Duel on the one hand and Aph on the other, two individuals on the exact opposite ends of the political spectrum?
    Jammy has already declared his belief that defecting to a minor party would not serve his self interest (plus he's a lot more accepting than he appears in the House as a whole). Aph claims that he values social policy more than economic policy and therefore i doubt there'll be much problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenC1997)
    Will this government aim to increase civil liberties, or tighten up security services and internal control?

I sincerely hope it is the former.
    The government is fairly likely to lean towards liberal social policy given the combination of a socially broad/centrist and liberal party(although the liberal brothel bill last term was far less liberal than what some Tories would have put forward).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I do feel that with his Parliamentary experience, Aph deserved a more important role in the coalition.
    Unlike those who didn't mind a pacifist against state borders having Defence, I am considering Secretaries of State upon merit, not some theoretical parliamentary experience which has nothing to do with their policies and skills to deliver them.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.