Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you had/do you have hallucinations? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    Or just see things in the corner of your eyes etc...

I often see things, not vividly, but for example at about 5:36am this morning I was in my living room when I see this large, grey, humanoid figure in the corner of my eye, as soon as I looked directly at where I'd thought I'd saw whatever it was, there was nothing there...

Another example, is that a couple of times tonight I've seen a slice of bread on my desk next to me, but when I look properly at where it was there's nothing there...

So yeah, anyone else get this? If so, what do you see?
    Yes.
    Hallucinations are a part of my life and have been since I was very young ( as long as I can remember). I only really knew that what was happening wasn't normal about three years ago though - I went until I was thirteen thinking that it happened to everyone.
    I think a reoccurring traumatic experience triggered them when I was young, and since then whenever I have been hugely anxious or stressed my anxiety is something I can see.
    The kind of things which are still happening regularly are:
    -the floor moving like a balloon inflating (rising into a sphere shape and then back down)
    -huge shadows / auditory things
    -a person who is hidden by himself. It's like trying to look at something in a dream, whenever I look my brain shuts off and I can't focus on what I'm seeing - I just know I am scared.

I ffailed all my mocks as I happened to have a very bad week for this during them. It hurt a bit.

As an afternote, I live a really happy and positive life most of the time and since I have been out of hospital I never let anything get in the way of what I want to do. It might hold me back temporarily - but it wont stop me.

ReputationRep:
    What it's like taking psychedelics?

Also, how did you drink 10 can of Redbull? I get really bad stomach ache from just a couple of cans of that stuff...

It does not feel like 10 cans of redbull lmao. It's very strange; it may seem a very cool idea but don't underestimate them at all. I underestimated them and now am suffering from anxiety due to my stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerpuffshol)
    Yes.
    Hallucinations are a part of my life and have been since I was very young ( as long as I can remember). I only really knew that what was happening wasn't normal about three years ago though - I went until I was thirteen thinking that it happened to everyone.
    I think a reoccurring traumatic experience triggered them when I was young, and since then whenever I have been hugely anxious or stressed my anxiety is something I can see.
    The kind of things which are still happening regularly are:
    -the floor moving like a balloon inflating (rising into a sphere shape and then back down)
    -huge shadows / auditory things
    -a person who is hidden by himself. It's like trying to look at something in a dream, whenever I look my brain shuts off and I can't focus on what I'm seeing - I just know I am scared.

I ffailed all my mocks as I happened to have a very bad week for this during them. It hurt a bit.

As an afternote, I live a really happy and positive life most of the time and since I have been out of hospital I never let anything get in the way of what I want to do. It might hold me back temporarily - but it wont stop me.
    Damn, that sounds terrifying, I get scared hearing the floor boards creek... Not sure how I'd deal with proper hallucinations, It's great your still able to enjoy your life though despite this.

Or just see things in the corner of your eyes etc...

I often see things, not vividly, but for example at about 5:36am this morning I was in my living room when I see this large, grey, humanoid figure in the corner of my eye, as soon as I looked directly at where I'd thought I'd saw whatever it was, there was nothing there...

Another example, is that a couple of times tonight I've seen a slice of bread on my desk next to me, but when I look properly at where it was there's nothing there...

So yeah, anyone else get this? If so, what do you see?
    No, I haven't had any hallucinations.

Spoiler:
    Show

Not yet at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattismad)
    It does not feel like 10 cans of redbull lmao. It's very strange; it may seem a very cool idea but don't underestimate them at all. I underestimated them and now am suffering from anxiety due to my stupidity.
    Really? From what I've heard your generally fine as long as you aren't anxious before hand and your with a group of people you trust...

ReputationRep:
    I am not even kidding.
    I do too.

I sometimes see a black cat moving around (which freaks me out a little) and sometimes I see a ruler next to me but there isn't one.

They're only split-second hallucinations though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    No, I haven't had any hallucinations.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Not yet at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you know that everything your seeing right now isn't just a hallucination?

ReputationRep:
    I think I just hallucinated, I thought it was a fly but I realised it was just my eyes seeing random dots....

Now I've scared myself into going to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, that sounds terrifying, I get scared hearing the floor boards creek... Not sure how I'd deal with proper hallucinations, It's great your still able to enjoy your life though despite this.
    I do really struggle when they get bad, but it seems to happen in clusters. I'll have a bad couple weeks, and then feel better, so it's manageable.
    I kind of get jumpy at non scary stuff like doors slamming and floorboards too though - you're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Really? From what I've heard your generally fine as long as you aren't anxious before hand and your with a group of people you trust...
    I wish it was as simple as that man - telling yourself to be fine seems to make bad thoughts occur - Boy it ****ing works though ahaha, and it's better than people make it out to be (trust me) you just need to be 100 percent sure that you wish to really experience it and plus it's 12 hours which is a hell of a long time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattismad)
    I wish it was as simple as that man - telling yourself to be fine seems to make bad thoughts occur - Boy it ****ing works though ahaha, and it's better than people make it out to be (trust me) you just need to be 100 percent sure that you wish to really experience it and plus it's 12 hours which is a hell of a long time
    Fair enough, I've just always thought it would be an interesting thing to experience, and from what I've heard and read, it's a relatively safe drug.

ReputationRep:
    well i guess, basically i have this door hnger thing in my room with clothes and stuff and when i was younger i thought they were demons and frogs in the dark so when i got out my bed i would run as if i was in the olympics to make sure im not kidnapped and raised in hell only to be burnt live 2 days later but i survived so its all good

also i keep seeing stars

and i thought there were beetles around me cos i sa them but everytme i would go to look at them they disappeared n i started yelling and my mum was like: shut yo mouth befo i whip you me: and nae nae

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    I am not even kidding.
    I do too.

I sometimes see a black cat moving around (which freaks me out a little) and sometimes I see a ruler next to me but there isn't one.

They're only split-second hallucinations though.
    That's weird, I always see cats too, not a specific color every time but like, traditional cat colors, not radioactive purple cats,which would be way cooler...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...no offence traditional colored cats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerpuffshol)
    I do really struggle when they get bad, but it seems to happen in clusters. I'll have a bad couple weeks, and then feel better, so it's manageable.
    I kind of get jumpy at non scary stuff like doors slamming and floorboards too though - you're not alone
    Floorboards are the worst, I think I'm going to dress up as a floorboard next Halloween...

ReputationRep:
    My best friend had a bad reaction to one of those immunity injections and had a hallucination that there was someone in the back of her sock drawer pulling and snatching the socks away from her (when she was trying to get socks out of her drawer), when in reality they were just caught on something lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.